Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings sign Josh Freeman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmichaelp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, people actually think Ponder is going to be out of the league soon? Laughing

Meanwhile Brady Quinn has no shortage of backup roles.

Ponder is a perfect backup and he isn't a guy to create controversy, he'll take a backup role if that's what it comes down to.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duff Man wrote:
I'm not ATTACKING ANYBODY man. I AM ATTACKING HIS OPINION THAT GREENWAY IS "SIMPLY COMPETENT". To further back my opinion, I made the (plausible) claim that a lot of Packer fans will make completely uninformed, biased posts about division rivals. This literally happens all the time. Did I even say the word, "homer" once?

And do you even see Vikings fans making these kinds of claims about packers players? ---> exactly my point.
You brought up the fact of him being a Packer fan and used it as a means to try and discredit his opinion. That's pretty much calling him a homer. If you don't agree with his opinion, tell us why and leave the team he is a fan of out of it. THAT'S my point.

And I don't get what point you're trying to make with you're last comment...

Kempes on the custom sig!
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmichaelp wrote:
Wait, people actually think Ponder is going to be out of the league soon? Laughing

Meanwhile Brady Quinn has no shortage of backup roles.

Ponder is a perfect backup and he isn't a guy to create controversy, he'll take a backup role if that's what it comes down to.
Ponder probably will get a back up job somewhere but why is it LOL worthy to think he will fall out of the league? Not every former 1st round QB bust gets a back up job.

Kempes on the custom sig!
xmichaelp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno man I just don't see it, there are far worse players that linger for years behind starters. He'll get a number 2 spot right away IMO. I hope the Vikings keep him around though at least till we get our actual guy.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Greenway hasn't played well this year, at all. He's been among the biggest defensive liabilities on the team.

Thank you. I'm not just trying to be an irrational hater here. I know it's common from division rivals, but I don't think what I'm saying is that out there.

He's had a couple bad games. It happens to every player. That doesn't mean he's "significantly regressed"
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Duff Man wrote:
I'm not ATTACKING ANYBODY man. I AM ATTACKING HIS OPINION THAT GREENWAY IS "SIMPLY COMPETENT". To further back my opinion, I made the (plausible) claim that a lot of Packer fans will make completely uninformed, biased posts about division rivals. This literally happens all the time. Did I even say the word, "homer" once?

And do you even see Vikings fans making these kinds of claims about packers players? ---> exactly my point.
You brought up the fact of him being a Packer fan and used it as a means to try and discredit his opinion. That's pretty much calling him a homer. If you don't agree with his opinion, tell us why and leave the team he is a fan of out of it. THAT'S my point.

And I don't get what point you're trying to make with you're last comment...

what's any of this have to do with Josh Freeman?

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duff Man wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Greenway hasn't played well this year, at all. He's been among the biggest defensive liabilities on the team.

What games have you been watching? The only game I really saw Chad struggle was the season opener, but besides that he has been one of the few bright spots on our troubling defense. Look at last game, TEN tackles and a pic. Now I'm not much of a stat-hugger, but the dude is on pace to have 140 tackles and 8 picks .... Sounds like "simply competent" to me. I mean, there's plenty of 4-3 OLB's that put up those kind of numbers, right?

I've watched every game, and Greenway still has the same issues he always has had. Yes, he has, and always has, gotten a lot of tackles, but most of them come 5 to 7 yards down the field when he's taken an angle on someone, but he's routinely missed tackles in space this year. He doesn't have a single stuff this year and still struggles in coverage. The interception against the Steelers was thrown right too him, but he did do a good job of making that play.

This year, so far, Greenway has been an average, or, in the case of the first game of the season where he registered a -3.7, below average.

Greenway's struggles go back to the end of the last season and have continued so far this season. He's far from the best player on this defense.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
Pretty good decision here, this time next year Ponder will be bagging groceries at a Walmart nearest you..

or a backup QB somewhere else.

I find that more likely. Wink

Even if he is't in the NFL anymore, he's one of the smartest and most intelligent players in the league. He got his bachelor's in finance in 2 and 1/2 years and was on to his second masters by the time he graduated.

exactly. He'll be fine.

Sorry, but he's not the guy who'll be bagging your groceries anytime soon. Laughing Football or no football, Ponder has a very bring future ahead of him.

My guess though is he'll be a backup for a team, and play pretty well.

down but not out. I still believe!
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
Who's starting for the Vikes this week?

Ponder if healthy.

Cassel will start if Ponder is still hurt.

Freeman will likely be inactive.

I think there is about a 99% chance that Cassel will start. VR, don't you think that Frazier is just saying that Ponder is still the starter because he wants to make it harder for Carolina to game plan for our offense, and also in hopes of trying to increase any possible trade value Ponder may have?

My guess is that Ponder will be gone by Halloween - Thanksgiving at the latest. It just doesn't make any sense to have three experienced quarterbacks on the roster. That's my thinking anyway.

Cassel has been getting the most first team reps this week I believe. So he is probably the favorite to start.

Where is Ponder going to go? I doubt anyone trades for him, especially if he isnt healthy. I doubt MN releases Ponder during the year, they really dont have a reason too since he doesnt cost much.

I was thinking about this today, and if I were the Vikings, I might be tempted to keep Ponder as a backup and try to trade Cassel. He more than likely has more trade value, and there are several teams around the league who could use a decent backup right now.

Hopefully Freeman will start against the G-Men on Monday Night.

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krauser wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/10/12/greg-schiano-josh-freeman-tampa-bay-bucs-leak-drugs-nflpa/2974149/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Tom Pelissero reports that the NFLPA has evidence that Schiano leaked Freeman's medical information.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna see what Freeman does in Minny for other reasons.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: