Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Clay Matthews has a broken thumb
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevein2012

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Vindicatedxx wrote:
Karma for the late hit? Shocked

I think so.

Anyways, the Packers won't miss him in the line up. He's a one trick pony who heavily favors from one on one matchups. I'm sure Nick Perry can fill that role.

and besides, no matter how bad that defense sucks, Rodgers always manages to keep Green Bay atleast in the game.

haha you are absolutely clueless
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Vindicatedxx wrote:

I think so.

Anyways, the Packers won't miss him in the line up. He's a one trick pony who heavily favors from one on one matchups. I'm sure Nick Perry can fill that role.

and besides, no matter how bad that defense sucks, Rodgers always manages to keep Green Bay atleast in the game.

seriously dude, shut up

we get it, you don't like the packers

gets a little old seeing you constantly rip on our players in every thread that mentions them

cracks me up that people on this site are always blaming each other for trolling, but when there's an obvious one running all over the place, no one does anything
Just ignore him. Clay is a stud in the running game and is one of the best LB's in the league when it comes to coverage. Anybody who actually pays attention knows Clay is no one trick pony.

As for it being Karma, I suppose everyone who has had a late hit or PF this year should get hurt right? Pathetic. Rolling Eyes

Kempes on the custom sig!
Tohnren

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Vindicatedxx wrote:

I think so.

seriously dude, shut up

gets a little old seeing you constantly rip on our players in every thread that mentions them

cracks me up that people on this site are always blaming each other for trolling, but when there's an obvious one running all over the place, no one does anything
Just ignore him. Clay is a stud in the running game and is one of the best LB's in the league when it comes to coverage. Anybody who actually pays attention knows Clay is no one trick pony.

As for it being Karma, I suppose everyone who has had a late hit or PF this year should get hurt right? Pathetic. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, Clay's late hit was one of the least malicious late hit's this season anyway. To say that he deserves some kind of injury punishment is just sad and pathetic.
UpTheSeam85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tohnren wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Vindicatedxx wrote:

I think so.

seriously dude, shut up

Yeah, Clay's late hit was one of the least malicious late hit's this season anyway. To say that he deserves some kind of injury punishment is just sad and pathetic.

Steelking is just a troll and a homer. He's just mad that even though he is a fan of 2 teams, they combined have 1 win, against the other one lol. Vikings suck, get out of here you troll. The Packers defense is bad? One of the better run defenses out there and now that we got Burnett back and once Hayward is back we will have a helluva secondary too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't von miller play through a similar injury during his rookie season?
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpTheSeam85 wrote:
Tohnren wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Vindicatedxx wrote:

I think so.

seriously dude, shut up

Steelking is just a troll and a homer. He's just mad that even though he is a fan of 2 teams, they combined have 1 win, against the other one lol. Vikings suck, get out of here you troll. The Packers defense is bad? One of the better run defenses out there and now that we got Burnett back and once Hayward is back we will have a helluva secondary too.

Don't attack him directly, his game isn't worth getting banned over and he obviously hasn't watched much of our defense this year if he thinks it doesn't look much improved. Especially considering we've been playing without our best player in the secondary the entire season.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboys_50 wrote:

no
cowboys_50

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
cowboys_50 wrote:

no

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_19456904 are you sure?
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cham wrote:
Just put on a cast like Pwilly did.

Good lord, that looks ferocious.

http://instntrply.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/willisspikes.jpeg

It's all fun and games until he drops an easy INT that would win the game
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboys_50 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
cowboys_50 wrote:

no

The way I understand it is if it had been just a reset of the broken thumb, he could have thrown a cast on and played with it. However, Clay needed pins to set the bone and even with a heavy club, wouldn't be able to play with it. In the article you posted it talked about Miller having surgery to fix ligaments so no it's not the same thing.

Kempes on the custom sig!
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboys_50 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
cowboys_50 wrote:

no

yes, i'm sure.

Miller had a strained ligament.
Matthews has a fractured bone and dislocated joint that needs to be stabalized with pins. He won't be able to move the digit for several weeks most likely.
cowboys_50

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
cowboys_50 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
cowboys_50 wrote:

no

The way I understand it is if it had been just a reset of the broken thumb, he could have thrown a cast on and played with it. However, Clay needed pins to set the bone and even with a heavy club, wouldn't be able to play with it. In the article you posted it talked about Miller having surgery to fix ligaments so no it's not the same thing.

Thanks for clearing that up
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Vindicatedxx wrote:

I think so.

seriously dude, shut up

I'm not trolling. I really don't think Matthews will have that great of an impact on the Packers success.

and Matthews is a one trick pony. He's good at it, but thats it. I never thought he was a great run stuffer or good in coverage (but apparently since I'm clueless, Clay Matthews must be the best at these things, huh?)

You'll see. Green Bay is going to beat an overrated Ravens team and everything will be fine.

down but not out. I still believe!
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

I'm not trolling. I really don't think Matthews will have that great of an impact on the Packers success.

and Matthews is a one trick pony. He's good at it, but thats it. I never thought he was a great run stuffer or good in coverage (but apparently since I'm clueless, Clay Matthews must be the best at these things, huh?)

You'll see. Green Bay is going to beat an overrated Ravens team and everything will be fine.

While it may sound harsh, what you "think" really doesn't matter because it's proving that you just flat out don't know the Packers. I could think Adrian Peterson is an average running back, but that means nothing.

The Packers are better prepared than ever to be without Clay Matthews. Last year we had Dezman Moses and Erik Walden as OLB's when Matthews was out, two UDFA's. This year we will have Mike Neal and Nick Perry, a 1st and 2nd round pick. However, the loss of Clay will still hurt a lot, he is a relentless run defender and far above average for an OLB in pass coverage. Plus with Brad Jones having a hamstring problem, he's versatile enough to play ILB in different packages.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know how anyone could think Clay isn't a very good run defender. He has exceptional burst, and is capable of blowing up plays 3-5 yards behind the LOS like very few in this league can. He also has the awareness and patience you look for in setting the edge. He gets caught selling out for the pass on occasion, but to call him a one trick pony is just a flat out wrong assessment of his ability.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: