Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Clay Matthews has a broken thumb
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stevein2012


Joined: 12 Jul 2013
Posts: 462
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Vindicatedxx wrote:
Karma for the late hit? Shocked


I think so.

Anyways, the Packers won't miss him in the line up. He's a one trick pony who heavily favors from one on one matchups. I'm sure Nick Perry can fill that role.

and besides, no matter how bad that defense sucks, Rodgers always manages to keep Green Bay atleast in the game.


haha you are absolutely clueless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 14096
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Vindicatedxx wrote:
Karma for the late hit? Shocked


I think so.

Anyways, the Packers won't miss him in the line up. He's a one trick pony who heavily favors from one on one matchups. I'm sure Nick Perry can fill that role.

and besides, no matter how bad that defense sucks, Rodgers always manages to keep Green Bay atleast in the game.


seriously dude, shut up

we get it, you don't like the packers

gets a little old seeing you constantly rip on our players in every thread that mentions them

cracks me up that people on this site are always blaming each other for trolling, but when there's an obvious one running all over the place, no one does anything
Just ignore him. Clay is a stud in the running game and is one of the best LB's in the league when it comes to coverage. Anybody who actually pays attention knows Clay is no one trick pony.

As for it being Karma, I suppose everyone who has had a late hit or PF this year should get hurt right? Pathetic. Rolling Eyes
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tohnren


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 943
Location: South Carolina
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Vindicatedxx wrote:
Karma for the late hit? Shocked


I think so.

Anyways, the Packers won't miss him in the line up. He's a one trick pony who heavily favors from one on one matchups. I'm sure Nick Perry can fill that role.

and besides, no matter how bad that defense sucks, Rodgers always manages to keep Green Bay atleast in the game.


seriously dude, shut up

we get it, you don't like the packers

gets a little old seeing you constantly rip on our players in every thread that mentions them

cracks me up that people on this site are always blaming each other for trolling, but when there's an obvious one running all over the place, no one does anything
Just ignore him. Clay is a stud in the running game and is one of the best LB's in the league when it comes to coverage. Anybody who actually pays attention knows Clay is no one trick pony.

As for it being Karma, I suppose everyone who has had a late hit or PF this year should get hurt right? Pathetic. Rolling Eyes


Yeah, Clay's late hit was one of the least malicious late hit's this season anyway. To say that he deserves some kind of injury punishment is just sad and pathetic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UpTheSeam85


Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Posts: 835
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tohnren wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Vindicatedxx wrote:
Karma for the late hit? Shocked


I think so.

Anyways, the Packers won't miss him in the line up. He's a one trick pony who heavily favors from one on one matchups. I'm sure Nick Perry can fill that role.

and besides, no matter how bad that defense sucks, Rodgers always manages to keep Green Bay atleast in the game.


seriously dude, shut up

we get it, you don't like the packers

gets a little old seeing you constantly rip on our players in every thread that mentions them

cracks me up that people on this site are always blaming each other for trolling, but when there's an obvious one running all over the place, no one does anything
Just ignore him. Clay is a stud in the running game and is one of the best LB's in the league when it comes to coverage. Anybody who actually pays attention knows Clay is no one trick pony.

As for it being Karma, I suppose everyone who has had a late hit or PF this year should get hurt right? Pathetic. Rolling Eyes


Yeah, Clay's late hit was one of the least malicious late hit's this season anyway. To say that he deserves some kind of injury punishment is just sad and pathetic.

Steelking is just a troll and a homer. He's just mad that even though he is a fan of 2 teams, they combined have 1 win, against the other one lol. Vikings suck, get out of here you troll. The Packers defense is bad? One of the better run defenses out there and now that we got Burnett back and once Hayward is back we will have a helluva secondary too.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cowboys_50


Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Posts: 155
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't von miller play through a similar injury during his rookie season?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArodFanboy


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 4580
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpTheSeam85 wrote:
Tohnren wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Vindicatedxx wrote:
Karma for the late hit? Shocked


I think so.

Anyways, the Packers won't miss him in the line up. He's a one trick pony who heavily favors from one on one matchups. I'm sure Nick Perry can fill that role.

and besides, no matter how bad that defense sucks, Rodgers always manages to keep Green Bay atleast in the game.


seriously dude, shut up

we get it, you don't like the packers

gets a little old seeing you constantly rip on our players in every thread that mentions them

cracks me up that people on this site are always blaming each other for trolling, but when there's an obvious one running all over the place, no one does anything
Just ignore him. Clay is a stud in the running game and is one of the best LB's in the league when it comes to coverage. Anybody who actually pays attention knows Clay is no one trick pony.

As for it being Karma, I suppose everyone who has had a late hit or PF this year should get hurt right? Pathetic. Rolling Eyes


Yeah, Clay's late hit was one of the least malicious late hit's this season anyway. To say that he deserves some kind of injury punishment is just sad and pathetic.

Steelking is just a troll and a homer. He's just mad that even though he is a fan of 2 teams, they combined have 1 win, against the other one lol. Vikings suck, get out of here you troll. The Packers defense is bad? One of the better run defenses out there and now that we got Burnett back and once Hayward is back we will have a helluva secondary too.


Don't attack him directly, his game isn't worth getting banned over and he obviously hasn't watched much of our defense this year if he thinks it doesn't look much improved. Especially considering we've been playing without our best player in the secondary the entire season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 31679
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboys_50 wrote:
Didn't von miller play through a similar injury during his rookie season?


no
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cowboys_50


Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Posts: 155
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
cowboys_50 wrote:
Didn't von miller play through a similar injury during his rookie season?


no


http://www.denverpost.com/ci_19456904 are you sure?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonwayne


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 14731
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cham wrote:
Just put on a cast like Pwilly did.

Good lord, that looks ferocious.

http://instntrply.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/willisspikes.jpeg


It's all fun and games until he drops an easy INT that would win the game
_________________
Sigbet with El Ramster; OKC wins title = I win. IND wins title = he wins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 14096
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboys_50 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
cowboys_50 wrote:
Didn't von miller play through a similar injury during his rookie season?


no


http://www.denverpost.com/ci_19456904 are you sure?
The way I understand it is if it had been just a reset of the broken thumb, he could have thrown a cast on and played with it. However, Clay needed pins to set the bone and even with a heavy club, wouldn't be able to play with it. In the article you posted it talked about Miller having surgery to fix ligaments so no it's not the same thing.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 31679
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboys_50 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
cowboys_50 wrote:
Didn't von miller play through a similar injury during his rookie season?


no


http://www.denverpost.com/ci_19456904 are you sure?


yes, i'm sure.

Miller had a strained ligament.
Matthews has a fractured bone and dislocated joint that needs to be stabalized with pins. He won't be able to move the digit for several weeks most likely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cowboys_50


Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Posts: 155
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
cowboys_50 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
cowboys_50 wrote:
Didn't von miller play through a similar injury during his rookie season?


no


http://www.denverpost.com/ci_19456904 are you sure?
The way I understand it is if it had been just a reset of the broken thumb, he could have thrown a cast on and played with it. However, Clay needed pins to set the bone and even with a heavy club, wouldn't be able to play with it. In the article you posted it talked about Miller having surgery to fix ligaments so no it's not the same thing.


Thanks for clearing that up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14584
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Vindicatedxx wrote:
Karma for the late hit? Shocked


I think so.

Anyways, the Packers won't miss him in the line up. He's a one trick pony who heavily favors from one on one matchups. I'm sure Nick Perry can fill that role.

and besides, no matter how bad that defense sucks, Rodgers always manages to keep Green Bay atleast in the game.


seriously dude, shut up

we get it, you don't like the packers

gets a little old seeing you constantly rip on our players in every thread that mentions them

cracks me up that people on this site are always blaming each other for trolling, but when there's an obvious one running all over the place, no one does anything


I'm not trolling. I really don't think Matthews will have that great of an impact on the Packers success.

and Matthews is a one trick pony. He's good at it, but thats it. I never thought he was a great run stuffer or good in coverage (but apparently since I'm clueless, Clay Matthews must be the best at these things, huh?)

You'll see. Green Bay is going to beat an overrated Ravens team and everything will be fine.
_________________

down but not out. I still believe!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14396
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

I'm not trolling. I really don't think Matthews will have that great of an impact on the Packers success.

and Matthews is a one trick pony. He's good at it, but thats it. I never thought he was a great run stuffer or good in coverage (but apparently since I'm clueless, Clay Matthews must be the best at these things, huh?)

You'll see. Green Bay is going to beat an overrated Ravens team and everything will be fine.


While it may sound harsh, what you "think" really doesn't matter because it's proving that you just flat out don't know the Packers. I could think Adrian Peterson is an average running back, but that means nothing.

The Packers are better prepared than ever to be without Clay Matthews. Last year we had Dezman Moses and Erik Walden as OLB's when Matthews was out, two UDFA's. This year we will have Mike Neal and Nick Perry, a 1st and 2nd round pick. However, the loss of Clay will still hurt a lot, he is a relentless run defender and far above average for an OLB in pass coverage. Plus with Brad Jones having a hamstring problem, he's versatile enough to play ILB in different packages.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArodFanboy


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 4580
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know how anyone could think Clay isn't a very good run defender. He has exceptional burst, and is capable of blowing up plays 3-5 yards behind the LOS like very few in this league can. He also has the awareness and patience you look for in setting the edge. He gets caught selling out for the pass on occasion, but to call him a one trick pony is just a flat out wrong assessment of his ability.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group