Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Julio Jones out for the year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone said last season that KC would be 5-0 and the Steelers, Falcons, and Giants would be hot garbage in a paper bag I would have smacked them twice. My god, how quickly things can change in a year. Not to mention the NFC champion Redskins who have been terrible and so many more teams. It's crazy.
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But why Julio? You know I picked you with my second pick! Now my season is doomed, son! Damn that sucks for the Falcons.

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
Put Tony G on the trade block no use in keeping him around. No way we win the SB w/o Julio and with this atrocious line. Might as well see what we can get for him and give him a legit shot at winning it cuz he didn't put off retirement to suck it up like this, plus we need as many picks as we can get.

Why do you assume Gonzo would even except a trade at this point? He'd likely retire before moving to a team for a 1/2 a season. Even if it was a contender.
i highly doubt that. He came back this year specifically to play for a SB. He also left KC on a great note. I'd imagine he'd be happy to head back there

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
https://twitter.com/JasonPhilCole/status/387722521707286529
Quote:
Word from a Falcons source is that WR Julio Jones broke the screw that was put in his foot in 2011 surgery.

That sounds slightly uncomfortable Laughing

Damn thats gotta hurt like a motha

How he went back in the game and played is beyond me...

Not only did he just play. He was still just as dominant. Shocked

Good lord, he may very well be the most freakish athlete in the NFL. I mean, that's a level of pain tolerance that I just can't even fathom. It's not just when he puts any sort of weight on his foot, at all. It's when he moves his leg and the debris from the injury starts to shift more and more.

That's an injury that hurts more and more, and yet he kept going and absolutely torching that secondary. People question players "drive" all the time. Nobody in their right minds can ever, ever, ever question just how much this kid wants to win.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Quote:
Word from a Falcons source is that WR Julio Jones broke the screw that was put in his foot in 2011 surgery.

Good lord, he may very well be the most freakish athlete in the NFL. I mean, that's a level of pain tolerance that I just can't even fathom. It's not just when he puts any sort of weight on his foot, at all. It's when he moves his leg and the debris from the injury starts to shift more and more.

That's an injury that hurts more and more, and yet he kept going and absolutely torching that secondary. People question players "drive" all the time. Nobody in their right minds can ever, ever, ever question just how much this kid wants to win.

Against Antonio Cromartie as well. Most consider Cro a pretty high end #1 corner, who's really flourished since Revis got injured/traded. Just a special performance by an incredible player.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Quote:

Against Antonio Cromartie as well. Most consider Cro a pretty high end #1 corner, who's really flourished since Revis got injured/traded. Just a special performance by an incredible player.

This one-handed catch Julio made in the fourth quarter was fantastic.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
skywindO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Quote:

Aren't screws used for medical procedures like this made out of titanium? What kind of force does it take to break something like that?

Just speculating here, but I have to imagine that an injury like this is going to impact not just this season but the rest of his career. Very unfortunate.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julio Jones is now ruled out for the season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9798787/julio-jones-atlanta-falcons-season
patsfan25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really sucks. Julio had a strong case to jump into the top 4 WRs this year if he wasn't there already. He'll come back and be better than ever no doubt, but he still has to miss an entire 3/4ths of a season.

Aite,

peace.
tom cody

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible news for the Falcons. This season keeps on getting worse for them.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
If someone said last season that KC would be 5-0 and the Steelers, Falcons, and Giants would be hot garbage in a paper bag I would have smacked them twice. My god, how quickly things can change in a year. Not to mention the NFC champion Redskins who have been terrible and so many more teams. It's crazy.

and yet every year no one dares to make a wild prediction because they might get backlash.

Thats why I just have to laught when I see people post their predictions, and the league stays almost 100% exactly the same. Same team with 1st pick, same SB teams, same playoff teams etc. Laughing

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really sucks. Julio was rounding out and looking like a top 3 receiver by seasons end. He's tough as nails, a broken foot doesn't even slow him down.

I just saw on NFLN that Roddy may also miss week 7. Question for Falcons fans, why on Earth is Roddy even playing despite being obviously hurt? Does he want to keep his "never missed a game in x amount of years streak" or do the trainers feel he's not hurt enough to risk further injury?
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:

and yet every year no one dares to make a wild prediction because they might get backlash.

Thats why I just have to laught when I see people post their predictions, and the league stays almost 100% exactly the same. Same team with 1st pick, same SB teams, same playoff teams etc. Laughing

I get what you're saying, but if you make a wild prediction and the only substance you can provide is "it's the NFL, things change every year," then you deserve to be called out on it.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
That really sucks. Julio was rounding out and looking like a top 3 receiver by seasons end. He's tough as nails, a broken foot doesn't even slow him down.

I just saw on NFLN that Roddy may also miss week 7. Question for Falcons fans, why on Earth is Roddy even playing despite being obviously hurt? Does he want to keep his "never missed a game in x amount of years streak" or do the trainers feel he's not hurt enough to risk further injury?
Roddy is jsut as tough as Julio. Also, his ankle should be fine now.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Strat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to keep his streak, Roddy played on that bum ankle which altered the way he was moving. That caused him to tweak his hammy and he's expected to miss 1 or a few games now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: