Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Julio Jones out for the year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FootballProdiG


Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 9390
Location: The Film Room
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone said last season that KC would be 5-0 and the Steelers, Falcons, and Giants would be hot garbage in a paper bag I would have smacked them twice. My god, how quickly things can change in a year. Not to mention the NFC champion Redskins who have been terrible and so many more teams. It's crazy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensfanRD


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1683
Location: Baltimore, MD (Land of the Greatness)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But why Julio? You know I picked you with my second pick! Now my season is doomed, son! Damn that sucks for the Falcons.
_________________

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21707
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
Put Tony G on the trade block no use in keeping him around. No way we win the SB w/o Julio and with this atrocious line. Might as well see what we can get for him and give him a legit shot at winning it cuz he didn't put off retirement to suck it up like this, plus we need as many picks as we can get.


Why do you assume Gonzo would even except a trade at this point? He'd likely retire before moving to a team for a 1/2 a season. Even if it was a contender.
i highly doubt that. He came back this year specifically to play for a SB. He also left KC on a great note. I'd imagine he'd be happy to head back there
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 12725
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
https://twitter.com/JasonPhilCole/status/387722521707286529
Quote:
Word from a Falcons source is that WR Julio Jones broke the screw that was put in his foot in 2011 surgery.


That sounds slightly uncomfortable Laughing


Damn thats gotta hurt like a motha


How he went back in the game and played is beyond me...


Not only did he just play. He was still just as dominant. Shocked

Good lord, he may very well be the most freakish athlete in the NFL. I mean, that's a level of pain tolerance that I just can't even fathom. It's not just when he puts any sort of weight on his foot, at all. It's when he moves his leg and the debris from the injury starts to shift more and more.

That's an injury that hurts more and more, and yet he kept going and absolutely torching that secondary. People question players "drive" all the time. Nobody in their right minds can ever, ever, ever question just how much this kid wants to win.
_________________


Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArodFanboy


Joined: 28 Dec 2008
Posts: 4690
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
https://twitter.com/JasonPhilCole/status/387722521707286529
Quote:
Word from a Falcons source is that WR Julio Jones broke the screw that was put in his foot in 2011 surgery.


That sounds slightly uncomfortable Laughing


Damn thats gotta hurt like a motha


How he went back in the game and played is beyond me...


Not only did he just play. He was still just as dominant. Shocked

Good lord, he may very well be the most freakish athlete in the NFL. I mean, that's a level of pain tolerance that I just can't even fathom. It's not just when he puts any sort of weight on his foot, at all. It's when he moves his leg and the debris from the injury starts to shift more and more.

That's an injury that hurts more and more, and yet he kept going and absolutely torching that secondary. People question players "drive" all the time. Nobody in their right minds can ever, ever, ever question just how much this kid wants to win.


Against Antonio Cromartie as well. Most consider Cro a pretty high end #1 corner, who's really flourished since Revis got injured/traded. Just a special performance by an incredible player.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
https://twitter.com/JasonPhilCole/status/387722521707286529
Quote:
Word from a Falcons source is that WR Julio Jones broke the screw that was put in his foot in 2011 surgery.


That sounds slightly uncomfortable Laughing


Damn thats gotta hurt like a motha


How he went back in the game and played is beyond me...


Not only did he just play. He was still just as dominant. Shocked

Good lord, he may very well be the most freakish athlete in the NFL. I mean, that's a level of pain tolerance that I just can't even fathom. It's not just when he puts any sort of weight on his foot, at all. It's when he moves his leg and the debris from the injury starts to shift more and more.

That's an injury that hurts more and more, and yet he kept going and absolutely torching that secondary. People question players "drive" all the time. Nobody in their right minds can ever, ever, ever question just how much this kid wants to win.


Against Antonio Cromartie as well. Most consider Cro a pretty high end #1 corner, who's really flourished since Revis got injured/traded. Just a special performance by an incredible player.

This one-handed catch Julio made in the fourth quarter was fantastic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skywindO2


Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 14543
Location: Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
https://twitter.com/JasonPhilCole/status/387722521707286529
Quote:
Word from a Falcons source is that WR Julio Jones broke the screw that was put in his foot in 2011 surgery.


That sounds slightly uncomfortable Laughing

Aren't screws used for medical procedures like this made out of titanium? What kind of force does it take to break something like that?

Just speculating here, but I have to imagine that an injury like this is going to impact not just this season but the rest of his career. Very unfortunate.
_________________

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Officer Ricky


Joined: 09 Jul 2013
Posts: 1121
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julio Jones is now ruled out for the season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9798787/julio-jones-atlanta-falcons-season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patsfan25


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 5612
Location: CenCal
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really sucks. Julio had a strong case to jump into the top 4 WRs this year if he wasn't there already. He'll come back and be better than ever no doubt, but he still has to miss an entire 3/4ths of a season.
_________________

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:


Deadpulse Ink.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 8798
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible news for the Falcons. This season keeps on getting worse for them.
_________________
I think that I shall never see, my cataracts are blinding me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14946
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
If someone said last season that KC would be 5-0 and the Steelers, Falcons, and Giants would be hot garbage in a paper bag I would have smacked them twice. My god, how quickly things can change in a year. Not to mention the NFC champion Redskins who have been terrible and so many more teams. It's crazy.


and yet every year no one dares to make a wild prediction because they might get backlash.

Thats why I just have to laught when I see people post their predictions, and the league stays almost 100% exactly the same. Same team with 1st pick, same SB teams, same playoff teams etc. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
GangGreen420


Joined: 16 Nov 2008
Posts: 3084
Location: FL
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really sucks. Julio was rounding out and looking like a top 3 receiver by seasons end. He's tough as nails, a broken foot doesn't even slow him down.

I just saw on NFLN that Roddy may also miss week 7. Question for Falcons fans, why on Earth is Roddy even playing despite being obviously hurt? Does he want to keep his "never missed a game in x amount of years streak" or do the trainers feel he's not hurt enough to risk further injury?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 9521
Location: MD
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
If someone said last season that KC would be 5-0 and the Steelers, Falcons, and Giants would be hot garbage in a paper bag I would have smacked them twice. My god, how quickly things can change in a year. Not to mention the NFC champion Redskins who have been terrible and so many more teams. It's crazy.


and yet every year no one dares to make a wild prediction because they might get backlash.

Thats why I just have to laught when I see people post their predictions, and the league stays almost 100% exactly the same. Same team with 1st pick, same SB teams, same playoff teams etc. Laughing


I get what you're saying, but if you make a wild prediction and the only substance you can provide is "it's the NFL, things change every year," then you deserve to be called out on it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29502
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
That really sucks. Julio was rounding out and looking like a top 3 receiver by seasons end. He's tough as nails, a broken foot doesn't even slow him down.

I just saw on NFLN that Roddy may also miss week 7. Question for Falcons fans, why on Earth is Roddy even playing despite being obviously hurt? Does he want to keep his "never missed a game in x amount of years streak" or do the trainers feel he's not hurt enough to risk further injury?
Roddy is jsut as tough as Julio. Also, his ankle should be fine now.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Strat


Joined: 09 Nov 2012
Posts: 715
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to keep his streak, Roddy played on that bum ankle which altered the way he was moving. That caused him to tweak his hammy and he's expected to miss 1 or a few games now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group