Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Three London Games to be Played in 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I love it if we get to play one of them. I'd be for playing in Beirut if it turned a road game into a neutral.

But will you love it when you lose a home game?

Heeeeeell naw.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
x0x

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they sell out I'm sure the bid for a London team will grow stronger.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed seeing my team play a game over there. I don't have a problem with it.
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care about losing a home game because I don't even live in Philly. Doesn't affect me at all

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
of course, a home game
Not sure why you're seemingly surprised. We signed up for a home game each of the next (this year included) 4 years.

It makes sense for the Jaguars. This could cause increasing demand for the other 7 home games. They can probably raise their ticket prices for the other games.

For example, if you have a season ticket package that was originally $800 for 8 games, it is now $770 for 7 games. Not many fans will cancel their plans because of this, even though the price per game is going down. If they were instead trying to charge $880 for 8 games, then there might be more people who cancel their plans.
More importantly it takes a team that was marketed horribly by Wayne Weaver and puts them on a global stage where they can parlay that + the future success we will have once this Front Office gets things under control into a large, growing, global brand. It injects money into a franchise that prior to Khan taking over was hemorrhaging money and helps rebuild them into a successful business venture.

There's some Jaguars fans upset about this, one in particular around here because Khan "stole a home game from him," but those people don't seem to realize that the entire purpose of this series of games is to help secure the long term future of the franchise in Jacksonville.

Many of these same concepts, I'm sure, apply to the Raiders as they're in significantly worse shape than us. And for the Falcons, I'm sure it helps with things regarding getting that new stadium deal.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Personal opinion, remember when the international series was first mooted, there was a proposal to formalise it a bit, where they would play 2 games a year overseas, one in London/UK, and then the second game would rotate between Canada, Mexico, Germany and perhaps even Asia/Australia, and that each team would lose exactly one home and one away game every 16 years.

I'd do that. No franchises, no superbowls(Although I think a Wembley superbowl is more feasible than a franchise), but compel every team to lost one homegame every 16th year on rotation.
yeah but this will be the 2nd time my 49ers have played there in 4 years. I'll deal with it but they need to put different teams there instead of the same ones like they've been doing. I think the Steelers have been there twice already.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
MrDirt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually be pretty excited if the Lions got to play in London ever (home, away, whatever). It would give me an excuse to travel there.
HootersPatrol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
I think this is dumb. Same for Toronto games. It takes away a teams home game.

Nothing against fans in London but I don't like the idea of taking home games away from American fans and those cities that have supported their teams over the years.

this, just give London their own team and have 8 games a year.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
I enjoyed seeing my team play a game over there. I don't have a problem with it.

Wanted to ask people about this. Are you saying you saw them on TV or that you went to the game? I would love to use a game as an excuse/rationalization for taking a trip to London.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step 1:Extend the regular season by one week.

Step 2: Have sixteen games per year in London with every team going once. No team is losing a home since everyone will be away from their home stadiums.

Step 3: Grow the NFL in Europe and profit.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Step 1:Extend the regular season by one week.

Step 2: Have sixteen games per year in London with every team going once. No team is losing a home since everyone will be away from their home stadiums.

Step 3: Grow the NFL in Europe and profit.

Yea, I've seen this mentioned and I think it's a very logical solution that represents a compromise between those who want the game to stay as it is and those who want to grow the brand. Wouldn't have to be in London every week either. Some games could be played in South America, maybe a few in SE Asia, etc. Obviously there are issues of fairness regarding travel schedules, but I think those could be worked out.

Personally, I'd rather keep 16 weeks and 12 team playoffs, but I like this solution the most of those that include expansion in some way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: