Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bucs Banks has Contracted MRSA, Nicks's Infection Returns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I work for bucs no way I go to work until this is figured out,
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really is a nightmare for that organization to have to deal with. If it's still in the team facilities, good luck ever completely sanitizing it. MRSA is most commonly found in hospitals, which are some of the most heavily cleaned places around. Even if this issue is "resolved", I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this is headline we continue to read in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
The Bucs can't catch a break.

the only thing they are catching is staph lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few updates:

https://twitter.com/wingoz
Quote:
If multiple Bucs players have MRSA.. is it even safe to play this game in Tampa this weekend? Has everyone been tested?
Quote:
Per the CDC website.. MRSA infection can be increased by " skin to skin contact". Um..that's football.
Quote:
Key word from NFPLA is "could". waiting to hear full results.. will update both sides with latest info..should have update on NFL LIVE

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter
Quote:
NFLPA tells @wingoz that, depending on what MRSA containment report says, the NFLPA could advise Bucs-Eagles not to play this weekend.
Quote:
Bucs are holding a team meeting this afternoon to discuss the entire MRSA issue and approach.

https://twitter.com/GeorgeAtallah
Quote:
All of our focus at this time is to work with the players, the club and the NFL to best contain, eliminate and treat MRSA.

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a nightmare for the NFL. Play and risk continuing the outbreak? Let's be clear others could have been infected in the last 5 days. Won't know that until everyone is tested. Or postpone the game and have nowhere to place a make up date? Different bye weeks , no fair way of playing on a Thursday/Sunday back to back. Forcing a Sunday/Weds/Sunday game would be just as detrimental. They almost have to play barring a MRSA shut down by the CDC.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
RollEagles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
That's the thing about MRSA, it never truly goes away. I got it from wrestling someone with it who had an open sore in high school, 4 years later and I still have it come back from time to time. Very likely all three guys will be lifetime carriers of it, which puts them at risk to become reinfected in the future.

To add to this, it is likely that they will be able to pass this on for a very long time.

Also will depend on the particular strain of MRSA in this situation.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
That's the thing about MRSA, it never truly goes away. I got it from wrestling someone with it who had an open sore in high school, 4 years later and I still have it come back from time to time. Very likely all three guys will be lifetime carriers of it, which puts them at risk to become reinfected in the future.

Sounds like herpes.
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
Amateur hour in Tampa. So embarrassing Confused

Wishing Banks, Nicks and Tynes speedy recoveries.

This is somewhat false. I have had MRSA twice, however, I am not a carrier of MRSA. If you are a carrier, you are correct, it never goes away. However, if you have it and get put on meds, and it's gone, it is not in your body.

It's scary stuff no doubt though.

Thanks, Tzimisce
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

This is somewhat false. I have had MRSA twice, however, I am not a carrier of MRSA. If you are a carrier, you are correct, it never goes away. However, if you have it and get put on meds, and it's gone, it is not in your body.

Right, I should have been more clear, have to be considered a carrier. My doctor did tell me that it's very likely you'll become a carrier if you are ever infected though. Colonies thrive both on the skin and near the nasal region.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Right, I should have been more clear, have to be considered a carrier. My doctor did tell me that it's very likely you'll becomen a carrier if you are ever infected though. Colonies thrive both on the skin and near the nasal region.

Yep, very true. Thankfully I'm not one, but it's pretty scary stuff. I'm super paranoid about it at the gym now that's for sure.

Thanks, Tzimisce
RollEagles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

We're also now dealing with really terrible strains of MRSA that are resistant to the last remaining antibiotic that was effective against it.

So this is just going to get worse until a new bactericidal treatment is developed. And there are few in the works.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Schiano Man: Forever Unclean

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like they should probably be handing out Mupirocin...and Nicks needs a good zap of Vanc.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
If I work for bucs no way I go to work until this is figured out,

I would also not go to work because Greg Schiano is my boss.
Malik

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they nearing the point where they would just have to finish out the rest of the season and home game in another stadium with clean facilities?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: