Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears LB DJ Williams out for year with torn pectoral

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Bears LB DJ Williams out for year with torn pectoral Reply with quote

Quote:
D.J. Williams - LB - Bears
Bears MLB D.J. Williams is done for the season with a torn left pectoral muscle.
Rookie Jon Bostic will take over at middle linebacker, likely as a two-down player who exits the field on passing downs. Williams, 31, made four starts after returning from a preseason calf injury, recording 27 tackles and a forced fumble. It's a fairly large blow to a Chicago front seven that got pushed around and embarrassed by Brandon Jacobs on Thursday night. The Bears' defense will be one to target for fantasy running game matchups moving forward. They face the Redskins in Week 7.

From Rotoworld

Hey football gods, these defensive injuries can stop ANY TIME now! At least we get to see Jon Bostic in the starting lineup now.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just weird how the injury bug hits some teams so hard and leaves others completely alone.

We will take donations for our new stadium and attempt to clone Eric Sugarman for any teams that are potentially interested.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Bears LB DJ Williams out for year with torn pectoral Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Bears MLB D.J. Williams is done for the season with a torn left pectoral muscle.
Rookie Jon Bostic will take over at middle linebacker, likely as a two-down player who exits the field on passing downs. Williams, 31, made four starts after returning from a preseason calf injury, recording 27 tackles and a forced fumble. It's a fairly large blow to a Chicago front seven that got pushed around and embarrassed by Brandon Jacobs on Thursday night. The Bears' defense will be one to target for fantasy running game matchups moving forward. They face the Redskins in Week 7.

From Rotoworld

Hey football gods, these defensive injuries can stop ANY TIME now! At least we get to see Jon Bostic in the starting lineup now.

You're still just catching up to the Chargers, who... are back to the old trend of losing an offensive lineman a week now.

Get with the program Bears, you're still dragging behind!

All kidding aside, feel me pain, Chicago (because I feel yours)! Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Bears LB DJ Williams out for year with torn pectoral Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:

From Rotoworld

You're still just catching up to the Chargers, who... are back to the old trend of losing an offensive lineman a week now.

All kidding aside, feel me pain, Chicago (because I feel yours)! Evil or Very Mad

Ah, well see....we're used to not having any OLmen whatsoever, injury or not, so it's hard for us to sympathize with you there.

But yeah, injuries like this suck one way or another.

The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Bears LB DJ Williams out for year with torn pectoral Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:

From Rotoworld

Ah, well see....we're used to not having any OLmen whatsoever, injury or not, so it's hard for us to sympathize with you there.

Honestly, same here; well... or rather our OL were like cockroaches, the only ones that could consistently never get injured were the ones that were detriments to the line (Jeromey Clary, how I loathe you!).

I think I can count on one hand the number of times in the past 2 seasons we've had all 5 first-choice OL healthy for a game.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Bears LB DJ Williams out for year with torn pectoral Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:

From Rotoworld

Honestly, same here; well... or rather our OL were like cockroaches, the only ones that could consistently never get injured were the ones that were detriments to the line (Jeromey Clary, how I loathe you!).

I think I can count on one hand the number of times in the past 2 seasons we've had all 5 first-choice OL healthy for a game.

Lol yeah it's rough.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean we've lost 2 of our 3 active DTs on the roster in week 1 for the year. The other has missed the last 2 games. We are down to starting our starting LDE at the 3tech, and a guy off the street at Nose. Gee I wonder why we can't stop the run...at like all.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIKE OMG FUTBOL GAWDS, YOU GUYS ARE THE WORSTEST! LIKE OMG! FOORBALL GODS! FOOTBALL GODS STOP HURTING MY TEAM FOOTBALL GODS! LIKE OMG!
Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dymelife!
Athelite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Bostic to step in and play well.

^Takeonme^
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any team can claim to be more injury cursed than the Pats right now.

We've so far lost to injury this season;

#1 RB (Top 10 Player (on team)
#2 RB
#1 WR (6th-8th Best Player)
#3 WR
#1 TE (2nd Best Player)
#1 DT (3rd Best Player)
#2 DT
#3 DT
#2 S

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
I don't think any team can claim to be more injury cursed than the Pats right now.

#2 RB
#3 WR
#1 TE (2nd Best Player)
#1 DT (3rd Best Player)
#2 DT
#3 DT
#2 S

We've lost

#1 DT (2nd best player on D, and all pro level talent, franchise player)
#2 DT
#3 DT

#1 CB (Best player on D and reigning All Pro)
#1 MLB (not a massive loss, but w/ the way the middle of our D has been destroyed its just a loss we can't afford)
#1 NB
#1 SLB (this one hurts as the depth behind him is not great)

4 of those have been lost for the season (Melton, Collins, Williams, & Hayden) The Bears have been hit pretty hard on defense. Offense to this point has been able to stay healthy.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

#2 RB
#3 WR
#1 TE (2nd Best Player)
#1 DT (3rd Best Player)
#2 DT
#3 DT
#2 S

We've lost

#1 DT (2nd best player on D, and all pro level talent, franchise player)
#2 DT
#3 DT

#1 CB (Best player on D and reigning All Pro)
#1 MLB (not a massive loss, but w/ the way the middle of our D has been destroyed its just a loss we can't afford)
#1 NB
#1 SLB (this one hurts as the depth behind him is not great)

4 of those have been lost for the season (Melton, Collins, Williams, & Hayden) The Bears have been hit pretty hard on defense. Offense to this point has been able to stay healthy.

Raiders players hurt at some point this season:

Starting LT (Veldheer)
Starting C (Wiz)
Starting LT/RT backup (Watson)
Starting RB (McFadden lol)
Starting FB (Reece)
Starting SS (Branch)
Backup MLB (Maiva)
Starting SLB (Sio Moore)

... the list goes on. Injuries are apart of the game and always will be boys!

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the Sio sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: