Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adrian Peterson's son has died
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ring Worm Sherm


Joined: 27 Apr 2013
Posts: 970
Location: PNW
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so sad and disturbing. I can't believe someone could do that. He had his whole life in front of him and this POS took that away. RIP little man
_________________


“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 11208
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that he only knew he existed a month ago is irrelevant. Its still his son. And a little kid died, he was killed by a grown man. Thats what you guys should be thinking about - the fact that a kid died at the age of 2.

You dont know what Adrian is going through and I dont but i imagine hes lost for words and is full of anger and emotion.
_________________


"Champagne"..."Mountain Range"..."Hugs".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21099
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officer Ricky wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Are some of you for real?

Saying he ignored the kid. He just found out about the kid a month ago I believe I read. He was planning a trip out in the near future to see him. As soon as he got the call about the abuse he left practice and flew to SD to see him.

Amazing how ignorant some of you can be.


Yeah, some of these comments are Rolling Eyes especially when made without knowing the circumstances. He was told that it might've been his son 2-3 months ago(didn't even know he existed for a long while). Recently just found out that it was his son. He was planning to visit the child later this month. He has to up keep his priorities with the NFL with practices, camps and games to worry about, so I don't exactly blame him for not dropping everything and immediately to go see the child especially when he didn't even know there was one for so long (and it's not like he wasn't trying to make an effort, because who would've know this would happen to the child).


This is the part I disagree with in this whole terrible mess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 13823
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
I havent been following this close enough.

He didn't know the kid? I kept seeing pictures of him and a littlle kid on the field, with the kid running around in a vikings helmet?


Thats Adrian Peterson Jr., not the kid that passed away.

He didn't really even know too much about this kid that passed away
_________________

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Keleth


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 2854
Location: Restaurant at the end of the universe
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officer Ricky wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Are some of you for real?

Saying he ignored the kid. He just found out about the kid a month ago I believe I read. He was planning a trip out in the near future to see him. As soon as he got the call about the abuse he left practice and flew to SD to see him.

Amazing how ignorant some of you can be.


Yeah, some of these comments are Rolling Eyes especially when made without knowing the circumstances. He was told that it might've been his son 2-3 months ago(didn't even know he existed for a long while). Recently just found out that it was his son. He was planning to visit the child later this month. He has to up keep his priorities with the NFL with practices, camps and games to worry about, so I don't exactly blame him for not dropping everything and immediately to go see the child especially when he didn't even know there was one for so long (and it's not like he wasn't trying to make an effort, because who would've know this would happen to the child).


Sad state of fandom when a fan considers the NFL a higher priority than a child.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8415
Location: MD
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
Officer Ricky wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Are some of you for real?

Saying he ignored the kid. He just found out about the kid a month ago I believe I read. He was planning a trip out in the near future to see him. As soon as he got the call about the abuse he left practice and flew to SD to see him.

Amazing how ignorant some of you can be.


Yeah, some of these comments are Rolling Eyes especially when made without knowing the circumstances. He was told that it might've been his son 2-3 months ago(didn't even know he existed for a long while). Recently just found out that it was his son. He was planning to visit the child later this month. He has to up keep his priorities with the NFL with practices, camps and games to worry about, so I don't exactly blame him for not dropping everything and immediately to go see the child especially when he didn't even know there was one for so long (and it's not like he wasn't trying to make an effort, because who would've know this would happen to the child).


Sad state of fandom when a fan considers the NFL a higher priority than a child.


I think you're twisting things here a bit. I mean, if you have a normal job and you find out that an ex-flame has a child in another state, you may take a few weeks to get things together and make the trip out. Not sure how that is reflective of the overall state of fandom...

To be clear I'm specifically talking about when he found out about having said child. In no way does that relationship (degree, etc.) or lack thereof diminish what a horrific tragedy this is in any way.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Keleth


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 2854
Location: Restaurant at the end of the universe
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Keleth wrote:
Officer Ricky wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Are some of you for real?

Saying he ignored the kid. He just found out about the kid a month ago I believe I read. He was planning a trip out in the near future to see him. As soon as he got the call about the abuse he left practice and flew to SD to see him.

Amazing how ignorant some of you can be.


Yeah, some of these comments are Rolling Eyes especially when made without knowing the circumstances. He was told that it might've been his son 2-3 months ago(didn't even know he existed for a long while). Recently just found out that it was his son. He was planning to visit the child later this month. He has to up keep his priorities with the NFL with practices, camps and games to worry about, so I don't exactly blame him for not dropping everything and immediately to go see the child especially when he didn't even know there was one for so long (and it's not like he wasn't trying to make an effort, because who would've know this would happen to the child).


Sad state of fandom when a fan considers the NFL a higher priority than a child.


I think you're twisting things here a bit. I mean, if you have a normal job and you find out that an ex-flame has a child in another state, you may take a few weeks to get things together and make the trip out. Not sure how that is reflective of the overall state of fandom...

To be clear I'm specifically talking about when he found out about having said child. In no way does that relationship (degree, etc.) or lack thereof diminish what a horrific tragedy this is in any way.


Peterson is one of the lucky few in that he can drop everything and go see his kid when he found out that he had a kid.
However my point was that it is sad that a fan seems to think that Petersons priorities should be NFL 1st then kid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tohnren


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 897
Location: South Carolina
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Keleth wrote:
Officer Ricky wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Are some of you for real?

Saying he ignored the kid. He just found out about the kid a month ago I believe I read. He was planning a trip out in the near future to see him. As soon as he got the call about the abuse he left practice and flew to SD to see him.

Amazing how ignorant some of you can be.


Yeah, some of these comments are Rolling Eyes especially when made without knowing the circumstances. He was told that it might've been his son 2-3 months ago(didn't even know he existed for a long while). Recently just found out that it was his son. He was planning to visit the child later this month. He has to up keep his priorities with the NFL with practices, camps and games to worry about, so I don't exactly blame him for not dropping everything and immediately to go see the child especially when he didn't even know there was one for so long (and it's not like he wasn't trying to make an effort, because who would've know this would happen to the child).


Sad state of fandom when a fan considers the NFL a higher priority than a child.


I think you're twisting things here a bit. I mean, if you have a normal job and you find out that an ex-flame has a child in another state, you may take a few weeks to get things together and make the trip out. Not sure how that is reflective of the overall state of fandom...

To be clear I'm specifically talking about when he found out about having said child. In no way does that relationship (degree, etc.) or lack thereof diminish what a horrific tragedy this is in any way.


Peterson is one of the lucky few in that he can drop everything and go see his kid when he found out that he had a kid.
However my point was that it is sad that a fan seems to think that Petersons priorities should be NFL 1st then kid.


I think you're misreading the previous poster here. I don't think he's saying that Peterson should concentrate on football during a family tragedy. Peterson had no way of knowing that this abuse and tragedy was coming. He's saying that, prior to his son's injuries and subsequent hospitalization, Peterson doesn't have to drop everything to immediately visit a kid he just learned about.

I think that having just learned about a new son and, presuming his son to be in no danger, he acted very reasonably.

Of course, I could have plenty of the facts wrong since I haven't followed the case with incredible scrutiny.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Officer Ricky


Joined: 09 Jul 2013
Posts: 1054
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tohnren wrote:
Keleth wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Keleth wrote:
Officer Ricky wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Are some of you for real?

Saying he ignored the kid. He just found out about the kid a month ago I believe I read. He was planning a trip out in the near future to see him. As soon as he got the call about the abuse he left practice and flew to SD to see him.

Amazing how ignorant some of you can be.


Yeah, some of these comments are Rolling Eyes especially when made without knowing the circumstances. He was told that it might've been his son 2-3 months ago(didn't even know he existed for a long while). Recently just found out that it was his son. He was planning to visit the child later this month. He has to up keep his priorities with the NFL with practices, camps and games to worry about, so I don't exactly blame him for not dropping everything and immediately to go see the child especially when he didn't even know there was one for so long (and it's not like he wasn't trying to make an effort, because who would've know this would happen to the child).


Sad state of fandom when a fan considers the NFL a higher priority than a child.


I think you're twisting things here a bit. I mean, if you have a normal job and you find out that an ex-flame has a child in another state, you may take a few weeks to get things together and make the trip out. Not sure how that is reflective of the overall state of fandom...

To be clear I'm specifically talking about when he found out about having said child. In no way does that relationship (degree, etc.) or lack thereof diminish what a horrific tragedy this is in any way.


Peterson is one of the lucky few in that he can drop everything and go see his kid when he found out that he had a kid.
However my point was that it is sad that a fan seems to think that Petersons priorities should be NFL 1st then kid.


I think you're misreading the previous poster here. I don't think he's saying that Peterson should concentrate on football during a family tragedy. Peterson had no way of knowing that this abuse and tragedy was coming. He's saying that, prior to his son's injuries and subsequent hospitalization, Peterson doesn't have to drop everything to immediately visit a kid he just learned about.

I think that having just learned about a new son and, presuming his son to be in no danger, he acted very reasonably.

Of course, I could have plenty of the facts wrong since I haven't followed the case with incredible scrutiny.


This is what exactly I was trying to say, of course his family is first priority, but who would've known that this would happen to the child? So I don't exactly blame him for waiting just a little longer to visit since he has the NFL to deal with. Doesn't change how tragic this all is, but I just don't understand the criticism for him not seeing his son sooner when you don't consider the circumstances PRIOR to the child's injury for AP. Not saying which is right or wrong, but just saying I don't really blame him for his decision because he wouldn't have known that this would all happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 24282
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This stopped being about football a long time ago. See no reason in keeping this open. Tragic story but no reason to keep discussing AP's personal life and relationship with his late child.
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group