Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

*** 2014 NFL Mock Draft - 1 Round - Updated 10/17 ***
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: *** 2014 NFL Mock Draft - 1 Round - Updated 10/17 *** Reply with quote

Round 1:

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Teddy Bridgewater, QB

The Jaguars are awful. Blaine Gabbert is awful. Luckily if they take Bridgewater they may not be as awful.

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Marcus Mariota, QB

The new coaching staff will most likely want its own QB. Bridgewater and Mariota could easily go 1-2 in this draft if Mariota comes out.

3. New York Giants - Jadeveon Clowney, DE

The Giants love reloading their pass rush every few years. How lucky would they be to get Clowney to pair with JPP for years to come.

4. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jake Matthews, OT

The Steelers need help at left tackle. Matthews could be a huge help.

5. Minnesota Vikings - Brett Hundley, QB

I don't think Josh Freeman will remain their starting QB past this year. They will most likely be looking for a QB in the draft. If Hundley comes out he could go top 5.

6. Carolina Panthers - Sammy Watkins, WR

I'm really not sure why the Panthers continually neglect to draft playmakers for Cam. Steve Smith is only getting older and LaFell is decent at best. They should consider drafting a WR.

7. St. Louis Rams (From Washington) - Mike Evans, WR

The Rams just took Tavon Austin but all they have at WR is a bunch of slot type guys. They need a true #1 outside WR.

8. Atlanta Falcons - Anthony Barr, DE/OLB

The Falcons could look for some defensive help in the draft.

9. St. Louis Rams - Taylor Lewan, OT

Saffold's likely a goner after this season so they will need another OT.

10. Buffalo Bills - Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE

The Bills can use an upgrade over Scott Chandler at TE. They should give EJ Manuel another weapon.

11. Oakland Raiders - Louis Nix III, DT

The Raiders could use some D-line help. Nix might not be available at this point in the draft.

12. San Diego Chargers - Khalil Mack, DE/OLB

The Chargers need help rushing the passer. They could look at someone like Mack in this draft.

13. Philadelphia Eagles - Ryan Shazier, LB

The Eagles need help on defense. Someone like Shazier could probably help at multiple spots on the defense.

14. Houston Texans - Tajh Boyd, QB

It's apparent that Matt Schaub is becoming more of a liability than an asset. They will probably look to draft a QB in 2014.

15. Arizona Cardinals - Johnny Manziel, QB

The Cardinals may take a QB in this draft. Carson Palmer doesn't appear to have much left in the tank.

16. Tennessee Titans - Jason Verrett, CB

Seems like the Titans draft a CB every single draft, and surprise, surprise their fans are calling for a CB again "
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Roby should be the pick.
".

17. Cleveland Browns - Marqise Lee, WR

The Browns have a lot of directions they can go here but they don't appear to like Josh Gordon very much. If they trade him they will have nothing at WR. Even if they don't trade him they have nothing after him at WR.

18. New York Jets - Eric Ebron, TE

Jeff Cumberland probably should not be a starting TE. The Jets would be doing Geno Smith a huge favor by grabbing a tight end in 2014.

19. Miami Dolphins - Cyrus Kouandjio, OT

Taking someone like Kouandjio would allow Martin to go back to RT, where he probably belongs.

20. Detroit Lions - Antonio Richardson, OT

The Lions only take the BPA on their board, which could be Richardson at this point.

21. Cincinnati Bengals - HaHa Clinton-Dix, CB/S

The Bengals don't have a lot of needs, but they could look for secondary help.

22. Dallas Cowboys - Ra'Shede Hageman, DT

The Cowboys could look for a DT in this upcoming draft. They need help at the position.

23. Baltimore Ravens - Brandon Coleman, WR

The Ravens usually take the BPA which may be Coleman here. They also need a WR so this would be a good pick. After trading Boldin, they need an outside compliment to Torrey Smith. Smith and Coleman with Jones in the slot would be a nice WR trio.

24. San Francisco 49ers - Stephon Tuitt, DT/DE

The 49ers could look for d-line depth. It wouldn't hurt to add Tuitt to their defensive line.

25. Kansas City Chiefs - Jordan Matthews, WR

For some reason the Chiefs don't seem to like Dwayne Bowe anymore. They may look to find a new WR in the draft.

26. Green Bay Packers - Cameron Erving, OT

The Packers could use another offensive lineman. They've had injuries and other issues there.

27. New England Patriots - Colt Lyerla, TE

The Patriots would be unwise to not take a playmaker in this upcoming draft. They need to give Tom Brady more weapons than what they've given him this season.

28. Chicago Bears - Vic Beasly, DE

The Bears could use some help getting to the passer. They may look for another pass rusher in this upcoming draft.

29. New Orleans Saints - Cyril Richardson, OL

The Saints need some offensive line depth, especially interior o-line depth.

30. Cleveland Browns (From Indianapolis) - Lache Seastrunk, RB

The Browns traded away Trent Richardson for this pick so it makes sense that they would find his replacement here. They currently have next to nothing at RB so they will most likely be looking in 2014.

31. Seattle Seahawks - Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB

The Seahawks don't have a lot of needs so they could take a luxury pick. Ekpre-Olomu seems like a player that would appeal to the Seahawks.

32. Denver Broncos - Bradley Roby, CB

The offense is fine but the Broncos could use some help on defense. The Broncos need help on defense all over and Roby may be the best defensive player available at this point.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30

Last edited by LeGarrettsBlunt on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO NO NO NO NO

The Falcons have serious needs along the OL and DL. Anything other than those two areas on the first two days is unacceptable. We're especially not taking a TE with character issues when Anthony Barr is on the board.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
NO NO NO NO NO

The Falcons have serious needs along the OL and DL. Anything other than those two areas on the first two days is unacceptable. We're especially not taking a TE with character issues when Anthony Barr is on the board.

I'm not really high on Anthony Barr personally and I don't love the fit in Atlanta's defense. Plus they just drafted a couple of pass rushers and brought in Osi. Offensive tackle I could see as more likely for Atlanta. I might give them an OT in my next update.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Richardson as a prospect and wouldn't be mad at all if he was the selection but Jahari Evans is still big time, he's just been injured this season. Ben Grubbs has been a bust but were stuck with his contract.

I doubt they;d take Richardson but wouldn't bother me if they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have a qb or a pass rusher, maybe the 2 most important positions on a team. So we draft a wide receiver?

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears are in desperate need of a pass rusher...Vic Beasley should be the pick there.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: *** 2014 NFL Mock Draft - 1 Round - Updated 10/13 *** Reply with quote

LeGarrettsBlunt wrote:
16. Tennessee Titans - Brandon Coleman, WR

The Titans took Justin Hunter last year but he hasn't done anything yet. They are done with Kenny Britt so they don't have much at WR.

This analysis is way off. Justin Hunter single handily won us the San Diego game and the only reason he hasn't played much is because the depth is so good. Hunter was their highest rated WR last year and they love him. With Britt gone, they'll still have Washington, Wright, Hunter, and Williams. WR really is not a need. Roby should be the pick.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Johnson's recent struggles, I think I'd much rather see Ra'Shede Hageman taken instead.

I feel as though he'd be the perfect 3-tech in our 4-3 under and make for a great replacement to Jason Hatcher.

^^^mack
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeGarrettsBlunt wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
NO NO NO NO NO

I'm not really high on Anthony Barr personally and I don't love the fit in Atlanta's defense. Plus they just drafted a couple of pass rushers and brought in Osi. Offensive tackle I could see as more likely for Atlanta. I might give them an OT in my next update.
Anthony Barr is the perfect fit for Atlanta's defense and he's the perfect player for them off the field too. If he's there, he'd be awesome for the Falcons to get.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Bengals pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick for the Panthers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Bears pick! Olomu is a stud who will probably be the #1 CB when it's all said and done.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Mack more than Mettenberger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

Just so everyone knows, if you put Teddy going 1st overall to Jacksonville your going to make them happy. I think as of right now he is the only player Jags fan would be happy with if we're picking 1st overall.

#BortlesKombat
devils1854

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barr is perfect. Fits the defense at a hybrid DE/OLB spot, like what Biermann was playing before his injury.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: