Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers WR Cobb out 6-8 weeks,Jones questionable vs Browns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malak1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensible Fan wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Lol, that hit is indicative of what is to come in the NFL in future years. Broken legs and torn up knees because you can't hit anyone above the waist without a flag.

I bet they end up making it illegal when launching at a knee or lower. My guess is the target area will be from the thigh to the neck, which is still a huge target. Launching at a knee is too dangerous and the NFL doesn't want to have its skill players dropping like flies.

Try form tackling Brandon Jacobs or Adrian Peterson. Sometimes you have to take out the legs to tackle the bigger guys. It's football. Like Ditka said: it's not a contact sport, it's a collision sport. Injuries are going to happen.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtariB20 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Cobb has no been placed on the IR with designation to return so he's out for a while. Sad That darn Finley now has to stop dropping balls thrown his way.

Finley has been very good this year. Kind of annoying to see Packers fans fail to recognize it. He has much less drops.

No kidding. 1 frickin year of drops and now every "Drop", is magnified 1000% by Packers fans. Last week he had 1 "drop" where the DB came in and chopped down at the ball so hard that nobody would have held on to it. Great play by the DB. He caught the ball but then it was jarred loose.

He has been playing motivated, and focused this season. I have seen maybe a hand full of times that Finley has been taken down by the first tackler this year, but of course that goes unseen too because he can't do anything right.

How about his blocking (sure, he still struggles at times) which has been MUCH improved, including the huge pancake on the "Best OLB" in the league in Terrell Suggs. Of course nobody talks about his improvement in blocking either.

Haters

/Rant

Hey, I've always been a fan of his but we really need him to come thru right now with all of these injuries. Man, this crap is getting redundant! It seems to happen every stinkin' year. I pray we can find enough players on the roster without a limp to suit up on Sunday. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
this shouldnt matter on sunday. as long as b.weeds is starting, the packers will win. our team cannot overcome third quarter droughts and then boneheaded plays in the 4th. not many teams can.

At the beginning of the year, I was thinking "Crap, why can't we play in Cleveland and have a harder game at home".

The way Cleveland has played, and with our injuries, I am so thankful this game is at Lambeau. Do not like our chances in Cleveland right now tbh.

I'm not all that confident we'll win at Lambeau with our situation right now either. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: