Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My first mock draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falcons145

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: My first mock draft Reply with quote

This is what I think as of October 15, 2013. I had my thread deleted earlier, I didn't know you needed a full round.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
Not only is he the best QB on the board, but also the best prospect. A good way to start turning this franchise around

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - TRADE TO CLEVELAND BROWNS - Marcus Mariota QB Oregon
The Browns have tons of draft picks so they have room to trade, and yes the Jags need a QB but pretty much every position on the whole team is a need, so they need the picks too. I feel like Chudzinski will fall in love with his potential and just decides he has to make this move and make sure he gets him.

3. New York Giants - Jake Matthews - They need to keep Eli going for as long as they can, and preventing him from taking hits and giving the guy some time to make decisions might help.

4. Minnesota Vikings - Brett Hundley QB UCLA
Biggest need on the team, and luckily for them they suck so they won't need to trade to get a talent like Hundley.

5. St. Louis Rams (from skins) - Louis Nix DT Notre Dame
I lost my week 3 fantasy game because Demarco Murray LIT IT UP on the Rams, they need to stop the run better.

6. Oakland Raiders - Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
Terrelle Pryor's arm is not the reason the Raiders are among the worst in pass offense, they need more weapons for him. They already have a speedster in Denarius Moore, now they need a big guy like Mike Evans to complement him.

7. Buffalo Bills - Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina
He and Mario Williams together with a good DT tandem.... holy cow.

8. Atlanta Falcons - TRADE TO SAN FRANSISCO 49ERS - Anthony Barr OLB UCLA
The 49ers, like the Browns have lots of extra picks and can trade up to fill needs, and come on lets face it, Aldon Smith is the newest Aaron Hernandez, so OLB is probably their biggest need now. The Falcons on the other hand don't need any superstars, they have enough already. They just need more decent starting caliber players and depth.

9. Pittsburgh Steelers - Taylor Lewan T Michigan
Same reason as why the Giants are taking a tackle, gotta protect the franchise QB.

10. Houston Texans - Tajh Boyd QB Clemson
A good fit. He will already have more chemistry with Deandre Hopkins than the rest of the QB's, and like with Mariota, he has loads of potential.

11. From Cleveland Jacksonville Jaguars - Trent Murphy DE Stanford
Everyone knows that the Jags' biggest need is Quarterback, but honestly I think they can make it to round 2 without getting whoever they may want taken, and Gus Bradley is a defensive minded guy so don't be surprised if they go defense.

12. St. Louis Rams - Lochiez Purifoy CB Florida
Another defensive upgrade, they need more corners in St. Louis.

13. Philadelphia Eagles - Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
With the system they're running in philly they could use all the talented, speedy recievers they can get.

14. New York Jets - Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU
Everyone always talks offense with this team, but remember they still need an outside linebacker, and I think this is the type of player Rex would love.

15. Arizona Cardinals - Cyrus Kuoandijo T Alabama
Palmer isnt that good and they need a new QB, but all the interceptions he's throwing is partly because of the horrendous line, and tackle is their biggest need.

16. San Diego Chargers - Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo
He's having a good season and the Chargers badly need OLB's with Melvin Ingram being a bust and Dwight Freeney being old.

17. Carolina Panthers - Marquise Lee WR USC
Cam finally gets a second receiver, I'm surprised they didn't address this last year.

18. Tennessee Titans - CJ Mosely LB Alabama
Their defense looks great but a franchise linebacker who can lead the defense and help with run support would be nice.

19. Chicago Bears - Anthony Johnson DT LSU
They're getting torn apart by running backs this year, and the main difference between the old bears defense and this bears defense is the lack of inside presence. DT is their biggest need.

20. Baltimore Ravens - Stephon Tuitt DE Notre Dame
They need to improve the inside of their 3-4 defense. This guy has potential and would help.

21. Dallas Cowboys - Haha Clinton-Dix S Alabama
All they did to address their serious safety need last year was draft JJ Wilcox. That isn't enough, they need better safety player to run cover 2.

22. Miami Dolphins - James Hurst T North Carolina
Some people bashed Miami for not getting a left tackle last year, so here they go.

23. Detroit Lions - Bradley Roby CB Ohio State
You draft to win your division and they need enough DB's to cover all the weapons in Green Bay.

24. Cincinnati Bengals - Marcus Roberson CB Florida
They love SEC players and he'd be a good fit for the Bengals D.

25. New Orleans Saints - Xavier Sua-Filo G UCLA
You'd think they'd continue with defense but with Drew Brees getting old they need to do everything they can to protect him, and this isn't the line it once was.

26. From San Francisco Atlanta Falcons - David Yankey G Stanford
The Falcons have multiple needs, but above all they need to protect Matt Ryan.

27. From Indianapolis Cleveland Browns - De'Anthony Thomas RB Oregon
He goes to the same school as their now 2nd overall pick Marcus Mariota and the Browns love physical specimen like the speedster Thomas.

28. Kansas City Chiefs TRADE TO ARIZONA CARDINALS - Zach Mettinberger QB LSU
This guy would be a perfect fit to be the new franchise QB, and they probably make a trade to make sure they aren't robbed by Jacksonville or someone else.

29. Green Bay Packers - Dion Bailey S USC
Some may call this pick a reach but they really need to replace Nick Collins still, and I think Dom Capers would like him.

30. Denver Broncos - AJ Johnson LB Tennessee
They could use a big name LB right in the middle.

31. New England Patriots - Austin Sefarian-Jenkins TE Washington
He's been slipping but he's extremely athletic and I think the Pats take a chance on him.

32. Seattle Seahawks - Gabe Jackson G Mississippi state
He'd be a good fit for the Seahawks offense, and they aren't great at guard.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go Lewan at #5 and Watkins at #12.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst defense in the NFL. Hey how about a wide receiver? that should help our offense that is putting up historically good yardage and scoring over 27 points a game.

Rolling Eyes

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
falcons145

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate remember Rex Ryan took 2 defenders in the first round even though the offense was the real problem? It's because he's a defensive minded coach. With Chip Kelly being an offensive minded coach that involves a lot of speed I bet he falls in love with Sammy Watkins as a prospect, and he goes offense and just tries to win by outscoring everyone.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty bad for the Jaguars.

Also, your avatar is way too big.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
falcons145

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised dude. Gus Bradley is a defensive minded coach and they could really get quite a few extra picks trading out of the elite quarterback. And there have been people that argued Trent Murphy could be a more complete player than Clowney, and this class is so stacked at QB they could get a starting caliber one in round 2.
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a glorious, thing of beauty (for the Bucs)

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
cortes02

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - TRADE TO CLEVELAND BROWNS - Marcus Mariota QB Oregon
The Browns have tons of draft picks so they have room to trade, and yes the Jags need a QB but pretty much every position on the whole team is a need, so they need the picks too. I feel like Chudzinski will fall in love with his potential and just decides he has to make this move and make sure he gets him.

Don't know what else the Browns had to give up to move up for #2 overall but it's nice to know it wasn't both 1st round picks this coming year. I love the pick.

For the 2nd first rounder, I would prefer Gabe Jackson G Mississippi state to help solidify the O-line in front of Mariota.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Vikes:

If Hundley declares, the pick is hard to argue. Interested to see how Freeman does with us. If Hundley doesn't declare I think we would nab Clowney or trade back.
32 rec. 366 yards 1 TD
2 games left
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Titans pick and you obviously did your homework. Roby would also be a good pick.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
falcons145

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
For Vikes:

If Hundley declares, the pick is hard to argue. Interested to see how Freeman does with us. If Hundley doesn't declare I think we would nab Clowney or trade back.

If they don't end up taking a quarterback then it will depend on free agency. They'd probably take either Clowney like your said or Nix depending on whether they bring back Jared Allen or Kevin Williams
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcons145 wrote:
VikeManDan wrote:
For Vikes:

If they don't end up taking a quarterback then it will depend on free agency. They'd probably take either Clowney like your said or Nix depending on whether they bring back Jared Allen or Kevin Williams

Seems likely that both will not return IMO, and I would take Clowney over Nix in that spot everytime. You're on the right line of thinking though!!! Applause
32 rec. 366 yards 1 TD
2 games left
Danish49ers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: My first mock draft Reply with quote

falcons145 wrote:
The 49ers, like the Browns have lots of extra picks and can trade up to fill needs, and come on lets face it, Aldon Smith is the newest Aaron Hernandez, so OLB is probably their biggest need now. The Falcons on the other hand don't need any superstars, they have enough already. They just need more decent starting caliber players and depth.
NO NO NO - if the 49ers were to trade this high, then it better be for an offensive playmaker; A WR.

Corey Lemonier is getting the job done, and is only a rookie. He's no Aldon Smith but does bring pressure from his OLB position.
falcons145

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: My first mock draft Reply with quote

Danish49ers wrote:
falcons145 wrote:
NO NO NO - if the 49ers were to trade this high, then it better be for an offensive playmaker; A WR.

Corey Lemonier is getting the job done, and is only a rookie. He's no Aldon Smith but does bring pressure from his OLB position.

I guess maybe, but once Crabtree is healthy they'll have one of the most loaded receiving cores
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bucs don't need a QB if we have the number one pick I would trade it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: