Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ndaumkong Suh fined for hit on Brandon Weeden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DLF54927

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

Then take a look at this frame before the hit.

See how the chinstrap is under Weeden's chin, and you can visibly see him making a weird facial expression with his mouth?

Then take a look at this frame, which is after the frame that appears to have been contact the helmet to face mask contact.

Note how high the chinstrap has moved upwards, across Weeden's mouth. That happens because the blow jars the face mask upwards, rotating the helmet backwards along Weeden's head, freeing up space for the chinstrap to move. His chinstrap cannot move like that without some form of forcible contact to the helmet/facemask.

That's a lot of words and and a few missed frames.

Here, I'll help:

Maybe his helmet and head moved a tad forward because he just got hit in the chest by a 310lb. man?

Or is that too simple?

BTW, he was fined for forehead/hairline helmet contact to the body, according to Blandino.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLF54927 wrote:

Here, I'll help:

Maybe his helmet and head moved a tad forward because he just got hit in the chest by a 310lb. man?

Or is that too simple?

BTW, he was fined for forehead/hairline helmet contact to the body, according to Blandino.
Already addressed here.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the few times I'll ever feel bad for Suh.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
DLF54927

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
DLF54927 wrote:

Here, I'll help:

Or is that too simple?

Already addressed here.

Not really. You leave out the frame when contact occurred. And if Weeden was hit in the grill, why does his head come forward and not back like you'd expect?

Magic?
eagles101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLF54927 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
DLF54927 wrote:

Here, I'll help:

Or is that too simple?

Already addressed here.

Not really. You leave out the frame when contact occurred. And if Weeden was hit in the grill, why does his head come forward and not back like you'd expect?

Magic?

as i see it he hits him in the chest, forcing his head forward into the chin. but it looks pretty clear he does catch him in the jaw.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLF54927 wrote:

Magic?
Quote:
Incidental or not, that's a fine every time

Already addressed.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sick and tired of hearing how the league wants to be safer yet this clown keeps doing stuff like this and not getting suspended for his continued actions, he has been in the past and should be from now on

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I'm sick and tired of hearing how the league wants to be safer yet this clown keeps doing stuff like this and not getting suspended for his continued actions, he has been in the past and should be from now on

Are you silly?

What did he do that was wrong? People can't help themselves with regards to Suh. It was a clean hit. Even if he hit him in the chin or hit him in the face mask, why would that require a suspension?

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Keeps tackling like every other player?

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
fortdetroit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why you guys keep arguing about if his helmet hit Weeden's helmet or not...that's not what the fine was for. The fine was for helmet to the "body."

Quote:
"Well, we're going to aggressive enforce the player safety fouls and when I looked at the play, I felt he did make contact with the forehead and hairline, lowered the head and made contact with the forehead and hairline.," Blandino said. "Not to the head or neck, but the rule does prohibit that contact to the body."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/10/nfl_vice_president_of_officiat.html
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Come on, dude. For one, the way they are enforcing payee safety is a joke. They are too extreme with it. Two, this was in no way a harmful hit or a hit that could cause any sort of serious injury unless Weeden fell wrong.

Suh is just a Giant in a battle with Jack and he just plays like he knows how to play. It's smashmouth football that you are too young to understand.
xmichaelp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't agree with this one at all. On Suh's side here.
snkhd09

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
snkhd09 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
James Harrison would...and has been...fined for hits just like that.

Suh is the dirtiest player in the game by far, but this was just a matter of the league nitpicking based on his past, and while I dont agree with this fine, I dont feel bad for Suh. You reap what you sow, and his ugly reputation of blatantly dirty hits got him this fine.

I would hate to live in a world where you made the rules.

Traffic Cop: I see you had a few speeding tickets when you were younger

Pedestrian: Yes sir, but I wasn't even driving. I was walking to the store.

Traffic Cop: Well, you reap what you sow.

Traffic Cop hands speeding ticket to pedestrian.

Traffic Cop: Don't let me catch you not speeding again.

Rolling Eyes

Except he explicitly stated that he doesn't agree with the fine, but why let that get in the way of making your point right?

well then to be completely fair he wouldnt make that rule but he wouldnt feel bad for the guy who got a ticket.

His comparison didnt even make sense.

Like, at all.

A better comparison/analogy would be if the guy who got the ticket was DRIVING and going 37 MPH in a 35 MPH zone. Cop wouldnt normally pull over someone for that, but he notices the car is a car he has pulled over multiple times for speeding.

Do I agree with the fine? No....but its quite clear why its happening.

so your saying suh has broken a rule then?

Brick wall

NO...I...ME...FOURTHREEMAFIA...DOES NOT THINK HE BROKE A RULE.

The NFL, however, does think he broke a rule, and thats all that matters.

There was some minor contact of Suh's crown to Weeden's chin. If it were any other player (aside from maybe James Harrison), I think they may have let it go. However, due to Suh's past...they threw a tacky fine at him.

But again...I DO NOT THINK HE BROKE A RULE. I think it was negligible contact that was not worth a fine, but his reputation did him in.

if you dont think he broke a rule, then your analogy makes no sense. since the person in your analogy is actually breaking the law. the other analogy works since the other person was not breaking the law, but as you put it, he reap what he sowed for speeding previously.

Oh my god...how much clearer can I make it?

I DONT THINK HE BROKE A RULE. What I think in this situation doesnt mean anything in regards to whether or not Suh is fined. THE NFL DOES THINK HE BROKE A RULE, even if it was a negligible infraction in their mind.

MY POINT IS....that it was a tacky fine, in most cases, they would let it slide. Given Suh's history...they chose to enforce it.

.... Laughing

i was talking about how his analogy worked perfectly for what you said about the situation.

It was a ridiculous analogy, where he used the most absurd, extreme and unrealistic scenario to make his position in this argument look a lot better.

43mafia analogy is more apt if you want me to break it down.

Guy with history of speeding go 2 mph over speed limit and receive ticket by a cop. 43mafia does not agree that going 2mp over the speed limit deserve a ticket, but he doesn't feel bad due to the guy's history.

Suh, who has a history, hit weeden chest by leading with the crown of his helmet and is fine by the NFL. 43mafia does not think this action deserve a fine, but he doesn't feel bad due to Suh's history.

In both situation, the authoritative figure (cop & NFL) interprets that a law/rule was broken, however ticky tack it is. Your hang up is that 37>35 and is a definitive fact that a law was broken, while NFL rule is not as quantitative and up to interpretation of refs/whoever decide fines. You are injecting ur interpretation of the law (speeding is breaking law, suh's tackle isn't) into the analogy and makes it nonsensical in your perspective. but the interpretation of the law is not up to you, me or 43mafia, but according to the authoritative figure.

can't believe i typed all this out.

reserve the speeding tickets for walking to the store analogy when a defensive player is fined for touching someone down by gently placing his hand on him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
DLF54927 wrote:

Here, I'll help:

Or is that too simple?

Already addressed here.

not addressed there. You linked to a post in which you claim he contacted Weeden's facemask. The other poster contended the fine was for contact to his body. 2 very different things.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
DLF54927 wrote:

Magic?
Quote:
Incidental or not, that's a fine every time

Already addressed.

This also is not addressed by that quote whatsoever. DLF's point is how the head can come forward if struck by an object directly. His point is backed by simple physics. Your quote you re-quoted is irrelevant to his question.

Whether or not contact to the head was incidental or not requires actual contact to the head, which is what DLF is questioning. Your response is clearly begging the question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13

Jump to: