Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR/KR Percy Harvin returns to Practice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHONUFF wrote:
Don't know, but on that first hit on him it sure looked like they were head hunting. Bounty gate 2?

Yep.

On the first hit he was ducking/lowering his body as Bush lunged into him and it was just a bad hit. Illegal hit, correct call, all that, but I don't think it was dirty/intentional. 2nd time Percy's head just hit the ground hard.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2014/01/11/percy-harvin-saints-concussion-evaluations/4431103/

Quote:
Harvin barked at the doctors before jogging off the field, clearly upset he was removed from the game. But he was back on the sideline before the Seahawks' next series.

He had three catches for 21 yards, including a key third-down reception on a jump ball over Saints cornerback Corey White, before landing hard in the end zone. He once again was attended to on the field and voiced his frustration to the Seahawks' doctors as he left the field.

Does Harvin return to the Seahawks this post season?

I had a strong feeling one of two people would be the first to post this report and I wasn't let down Laughing

And obviously it'll depend on how Harvin reacts to concussion tests this week. Glad it wasn't a reaggravation of the hip though.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2014/01/11/percy-harvin-saints-concussion-evaluations/4431103/

Quote:
Harvin barked at the doctors before jogging off the field, clearly upset he was removed from the game. But he was back on the sideline before the Seahawks' next series.

He had three catches for 21 yards, including a key third-down reception on a jump ball over Saints cornerback Corey White, before landing hard in the end zone. He once again was attended to on the field and voiced his frustration to the Seahawks' doctors as he left the field.

Does Harvin return to the Seahawks this post season?

I had a strong feeling one of two people would be the first to post this report and I wasn't let down Laughing

Im just providing you with an update of recent news, my friend Smile

Quote:
And obviously it'll depend on how Harvin reacts to concussion tests this week. Glad it wasn't a reaggravation of the hip though.

Correct, but keep in mind, Harvin seems to have a short temper. We will have to wait to see how reacts to the tests physically, and I guess mentally. It seems his last couple of seasons in MN, he was a ticking time bomb around Leslie Frazier and the Vikes medical staff.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is typical Percy Harvin. He can't even stay healthy for a whole game anymore. Seattle is best off just letting him go in the offseason.

I can't believe we managed to get so much for a WR who hasn't develop at all in the NFL and is so injury prone.

Not your typical Vikings anymore. (maybe I was wrong...)
Packer70

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
This is typical Percy Harvin. He can't even stay healthy for a whole game anymore. Seattle is best off just letting him go in the offseason.

I can't believe we managed to get so much for a WR who hasn't develop at all in the NFL and is so injury prone.

I don't recall but was he wearing sleeves yesterday? Could that have been the cause of all this?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packer70 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

I don't recall but was he wearing sleeves yesterday? Could that have been the cause of all this?

Harvin is not a wuss, he is as tough as the come. Sleeves, I dont think so. Not Harvin. Laughing
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even though Harvin's present injury isn't to a hip or knee or joint, a concussion, given his migraine history, is going to be treated more carefully than just a routine concussion. if there is such a thing as a routine concussion.

as his migraine history could make the concussion recovery more lengthy. also, a concussion could make a migraine episode re-appear. that face plant to the turf really rang his bell, it was pretty obvious.

it shouldn't have any real effect on him next season, but could for the next game. the two week rest before Seattle plays in the Super Bowl should be good for him.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
xmichaelp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

Because obviously him innocently raising a point of discussion means it's a shot at Harvin. Rolling Eyes
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hes going to play.
hes tough but just really unlucky

he wanted back in big time this weekend. he didnt even follow protocall coming in so quickly. he wants to play

new sig... sorry alex
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packer70 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

His problems go well beyond ARS, but Percy Harvin is no wuss.

I'll let you figure out what that stands for...

If I'm running the Seahawks, I have serious doubts that Harvin will be an impactful player for my team, and should possibly look at "shelfing" him for the 2014 season and then releasing him. But this is a worst case scenario, where this concussion would lead to serious migraine issues. Harvin is a tough player, but he has some real issues that I just don't know exactly where they should go from here. IR him? Hope for the best? who knows...

Regardless of where Seattle goes this season, they are going to need some serious WR help.

Not your typical Vikings anymore. (maybe I was wrong...)
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmichaelp wrote:
SoS wrote:

Because obviously him innocently raising a point of discussion means it's a shot at Harvin. Rolling Eyes

Never said he was taking a shot at Harvin. Just funny that all of the negative press is posted by Vikings fans and all of the positive press is posted by Seahawks fans.
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Packer70 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

His problems go well beyond ARS, but Percy Harvin is no wuss.

I'll let you figure out what that stands for...

If I'm running the Seahawks, I have serious doubts that Harvin will be an impactful player for my team, and should possibly look at "shelfing" him for the 2014 season and then releasing him. But this is a worst case scenario, where this concussion would lead to serious migraine issues. Harvin is a tough player, but he has some real issues that I just don't know exactly where they should go from here. IR him? Hope for the best? who knows...

Regardless of where Seattle goes this season, they are going to need some serious WR help.

1. Yea, WR is a top need for us whether or not Harvin is playing.

2. Give me a break. "Shelfing" him in 2014 only to release him in 2015? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? If you're "shelfing" him in 2014, it would be in hopes that he could return 100% for the 2015 season. If we have any inclination to release him, we'll ride him until the tires fall off in 2014 to squeeze every drop of value we can get out of him. And why exactly would a concussion keep him out for the entire following season? Laughing The team has already shown signs of bringing him back too early from the hip labrum and too early from concussion signs, so what makes you think they'll suddenly take it easy on him now?
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually feel bad for Harvin. He got hit in the head twice in this game.. The dude just has extremely bad luck with injuries.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
silus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him and Marshawn should trade contracts. Harvin never had any business being the highest paid player on this team. Especially considering the amount of talent that already needed to be paid.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
Him and Marshawn should trade contracts. Harvin never had any business being the highest paid player on this team. Especially considering the amount of talent that already needed to be paid.
At least Harvin is young. I love 'Shawn but he'll be a shade of his former self in 2 years.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that

Last edited by Tatupu_64 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: