You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WWHickok's GM Mock Masterpiece
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbrunn2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
cbrunn2 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

A few thoughts from a Browns fan...

The draft isn't bad. I hate losing Cameron, but a 1st round pick is incredible value for him.

Gordon, Gordon, and Lee should be very nice weapons for Manziel.

Love the defensive acquisitions. LOVE

Where did TJ Ward go? It says in the depth chart thread that you re-signed him but now I don't see him.

Thanks coming from a Browns Fan , I'm a Steelers fan and Honestly I wouldn't look forward to playing this team 2 times a year

Cameron thing I didn't really want to lose him , but I spent more money then I intended too and didn't feel would realistically be able to resign him next yr was the main reason I got rid of him... another reason was bringing in Philip Montgomery to be the OC , Baylor doesn't really use the TE much at all only for blocking purposes at least in the games I've seen, so yeah Cameron is capable of playing WR but just the mix of Money and Scheme fit , + the value I got for him I thought it was a good idea

TJ Ward I guess I undervalued him , I offered him something like 5 mil a yr , and he ended up getting like 9 ... So then I overspent on Major Wright who I didn't realize is having a bad yr , but is cutable after 2 yrs for like a 5 mil cap savings if he doesn't turn it around

I knew I had to help out the Oline a little and Beadles is exactly that I feel , Gave an exciting QB that will , if only 1 thing, sell tickets and gave him playmakers in a very exciting fast paced offense

Understandable

TJ will probably get around 6-8 IRL.

Why change the coordinators? Norv hasn't been bad (considering what he's had to work with at QB this year) and Horton has saved us. I'm assuming maybe someone made him a HC?

Somebody Made Horton HC and I stopped that by promoting him to HC , and I didn't realize Horton was the 1 that basically brought in Norv as OC , I thought Norv was a Chudzinski person since they worked together before , So I fired Norv thinking Horton would Clean house but in reality he was the one that brought Norv in ... was my mistake Embarassed
green24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Where did TJ Ward go?

wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright folks, I hope you had a great holiday because it's time to get your rosters down to 53 men.

In addition, I will be contacting my delegates and be getting a list of "Power Rankings". Additionally, tomorrow I will announce the "awards" people are eligible for and we will vote. (votes will come to me, details tomorow)

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Orleans Saints Depth Chart

Offense - 25 Players
QB - Drew Brees / Josh Freeman / Ryan Griffin
HB - Pierre Thomas / Darren Sproles / Travaris Cadet / Khiry Robinson
FB - Jed Collins
WR - Marques Colston / Lance Moore / Kenny Stills / Santonio Holmes / Nick Toon / Joseph Morgan
TE - Jimmy Graham / Jordan Cameron / Ben Watson
LT - James Hurst / Terron Armstead
LG - Ben Grubbs
C - Samson Satele
RG - Jahri Evans / Tim Lelito
RT - Charles Brown / Chaz Green

Defense - 25 Players
DE - Cameron Jordan / Glenn Foster
DT - Brodrick Bunkley / John Jenkins
DE - Akiem Hicks / Aaron Donald / Tyrunn Walker
OLB - Junior Galette / Victor Butler
ILB - Curtis Lofton / Ramon Humber
ILB - David Hawthorne / Pat Angerer
OLB - Anthony Spencer / Ron Powell
CB - Corey White / A.J. Davis
CB - Jason Verrett / Jabari Greer / Patrick Robinson
FS - Malcolm Jenkins / Charles Godfrey / Rafael Bush
SS - Kenny Vaccaro / Isa Abdul-Quddus

Special Teams - 3 Players
K - Cairo Santos
P - Thomas Morstead
LS - Justin Drescher

Practice Squad - 6 players
TE Josh Hill
ILB Kevin Reddick
CB Rod Sweeting
WR Jeff Janis
LB Jordan Tripp
OT Matt Hall

Total Cap Remaining - $7,430,041

Final roster, cut down to 53 man with 6 player practice squad.
[quote="Texansfan713"]Go Pelicans![/quote]
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*First and foremost, ONLY active teams are eligible for awards (in other words, if they do not have a GM listed, they are not eligible for an award*

Maniacal Genius Award – Yep, I went there! This award goes to the GM who improved their team the most overall through every step of the Mock. League Winner/MVP Award

Reboot Award – This award goes the GM that made the best changes/hires to their coaching staff.

Sour Dough Award – This award goes to the GM that spent the most money in all the wrong ways.

Reigning Money Award – This award goes to the GM that spent the most money and got the money bang for their buck aka who improved their team the most through free agency?

Dunce Cap Award – This award goes to the GM that made the most questionable trades.

Lame Duck Award – This award goes to the GM that did the least, didn’t necessarily make their team better, didn’t necessarily make their team worse, and basically…didn’t do a darn thing at all.

Freak Show Award – This award goes to the GM that made the most head scratching moves. They may have done a lot with their team, but none of it really makes any sense.
Road Kill Award – This award goes to the GM that ultimate made their team the most likely to acquire the #1 pick in the 2015 NFL Draft aka, nothing they did made the team better, everything they did made it worse.

Mel McShay Award – This award goes to the team that finished with the overall best draft class. (Not necessarily the team that made the best selections for their team, this is a player value based award)
Todd Kiper Award – This award goes to the GM who made the best moves in the draft for their team. Ultimately, the GM that improved their team the most through the draft; not just about player value, this is about logical, fit, team needs (did the players fill those and how well?), etc.

Send your votes to me in a PM. You can only vote for one GM per award. Please vote for one GM for EVERY award and you cannot vote for yourself

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok

Last edited by wwhickok on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
SodakViking

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just give sodak all da troffeys imo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone going to bother voting???

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Is anyone going to bother voting???

Man I'm sorry. I've been so busy the last couple days. Things are going to slow down big time as the cold front enters Oklahoma tonight. I will be able to do more with this tomorrow.

I did however want to take the time to thank you for managing this mock draft. Even though I failed to be present at the end of it due to my schedule I really appreciate the amount of time you put into it. These things are never easy, I also appreciate the help you're providing me with in Total Control.

You da' man!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go ahead and make the award announcements soon, based on the one set of votes I got. Unless anyone else would like to vote.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND THE WINNERS ARE:

*I received 4 sets of votes, the awardings are based upon that, in some cases a tie breaker was needed, I voted on the tie breaker*

Additionally I'll list the total # of votes the winner received.

* = tie breaker used

Maniacal Genius AwardSan Francsisco 49ers -- Chomp Chomp/oldman9er * -- 1; each of the 4 GMs received 1 vote

Reboot Award – Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- wwhickok -- 3-1

Sour Dough Award – Carolina Panthers* -- IDOG_Det -- 1; only 3 teams received votes, each recieved 1.

Reigning Money Award – Jacksonville Jaguars* -- Adrenaline Flux

1 of 3 (1 per GM)

Dunce Cap Award – Oakland -- KingOfTheDot * 1/3

Lame Duck Award – Cincinnati* -- Lil Uno -- None of the teams that received votes I consider to be valid (they all had GM's removed), so I voted.

Freak Show Award – Tennessee Titans* --- thenewbuffalogm -- 1/3

Road Kill Award – Oakland* -- KingoftheDot -- 1/3

Mel McShay Award – Cleveland* -- cbrunn2 -- 1/3

Todd Kiper Award – Tampa Bay -- wwhickok -- 2/3

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171
Page 171 of 171

Jump to: