Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bill O'Brien to Interview with Texans - Terms Agreed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:

If he came out, Texans can trade down a few spots and take him and get more picks in the process.

This is not the NCAA, Bridgewater translates better to the pros. Take your Johnny U and go play somewhere else.

"I don't always throw a TD pass but when i do, it's to the wrong team" - The most interesting man in Houston #8
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:
Interesting hire... BETTER STAY AWAY FROM JIM TOMSULA, THOUGH! OR ELSE! Evil or Very Mad

Niners blocked him from us last season.

Don't see why it'd be any different this season for the Texans.

IIRC, You can only block an interview if it is for a horizontal move, if it is for a promotion (from position coach to coordinator) then the team has no say.

They did it to us with Tomsula and Donatell last season for our DC position. Marvin Lewis has also done it with Hue Jackson.

Only times I remember it happening recently, but it can be done. You can't block it if you give them the title of Assistant Head Coach though.

green24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:
Interesting hire... BETTER STAY AWAY FROM JIM TOMSULA, THOUGH! OR ELSE! Evil or Very Mad

Niners blocked him from us last season.

Don't see why it'd be any different this season for the Texans.

IIRC, You can only block an interview if it is for a horizontal move, if it is for a promotion (from position coach to coordinator) then the team has no say.

Position coach to coordinator is considered a horizontal moves. The only three levels are:

1. Assistant coach (position coach or coordinator)
2. Assistant head coach
3. Head coach

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
all of Bill Belichick coaches fail, wonder if he'll be any different.

1. None of his other assistants had HC experience
2. O'Brien has already had some success at Penn St.

He's not really a Bellichick guy anyway, always been his own man.
BladeKor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
BladeKor wrote:

If he came out, Texans can trade down a few spots and take him and get more picks in the process.

This is not the NCAA, Bridgewater translates better to the pros. Take your Johnny U and go play somewhere else.

Huh? Take my Johnny U and go play somewhere else? Who said anything about me being a fan of his? All I'm saying is that Texans should trade down and just draft him. He will sale jersey's and already has a fanbase in Texas, and he will probably have a better career than Bridgewater anyways.
BladeKor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Or they could just stay put and take the best QB in the draft. Laughing

If Bridgewater is the best QB in the draft, this is a very sorry QB class lol.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
BladeKor wrote:

Huh? Take my Johnny U and go play somewhere else? Who said anything about me being a fan of his? All I'm saying is that Texans should trade down and just draft him. He will sale jersey's and already has a fanbase in Texas, and he will probably have a better career than Bridgewater anyways.

I think he was directing that at Manziel himself, not you. Wink

You dont take a QB just because of jersey sales and because he has a fan base. Case Keenum has a fan base in Houston as well and he isnt considered a franchise QB. Bottom line is, you take the best QB you can and Bridgewater is the best QB in the draft. Jersey sales will come later.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL has revenue sharing, jersey sales would get divided by all 32 teams.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
BladeKor wrote:

You dont take a QB just because of jersey sales and because he has a fan base. Case Keenum has a fan base in Houston as well and he isnt considered a franchise QB. Bottom line is, you take the best QB you can and Bridgewater is the best QB in the draft. Jersey sales will come later.

How many times we heard that "he is the best QB in this draft!" before? lol. Just because he is projected as the "best" QB, doesn't mean he will.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
BladeKor wrote:

How many times we heard that "he is the best QB in this draft!" before? lol. Just because he is projected as the "best" QB, doesn't mean he will.
Who do you consider to be the best QB in the draft?

Props to JMG on the sig
BladeKor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
BladeKor wrote:

If I had to choose, I would probably pick Carr. I think his brother's (bust) football career will motivate him to be the best in this class.
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
BladeKor wrote:

If I had to choose, I would probably pick Carr. I think his brother's (bust) football career will motivate him to be the best in this class.

Just curious, how long have you been watching football?

"I don't always throw a TD pass but when i do, it's to the wrong team" - The most interesting man in Houston #8
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
BladeKor wrote:

Just curious, how long have you been watching football?

Since yesterday

NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.O.B. adding Bridgewater to an already talented team is scary. B.O.B. was kind of an odd game planner but he was excellent at in game & mid season adjustments.

The pats offense of 2010, heading into the season, was going to be the Brady-Moss-Welker show with a few new guys (Gronkowski, Hernandez, Torry Holt).

To take what everybody THOUGHT it would be and compare that to what it became by the end of the season was pretty incredible.

^Props to BenderRodriguez for the GOAT of FF's sigs! Very Happy
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
B.O.B. adding Bridgewater to an already talented team is scary. B.O.B. was kind of an odd game planner but he was excellent at in game & mid season adjustments.

The pats offense of 2010, heading into the season, was going to be the Brady-Moss-Welker show with a few new guys (Gronkowski, Hernandez, Torry Holt).

To take what everybody THOUGHT it would be and compare that to what it became by the end of the season was pretty incredible.

B.O.B.?

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: