Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bill O'Brien to Interview with Texans - Terms Agreed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAS22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
B.O.B. adding Bridgewater to an already talented team is scary. B.O.B. was kind of an odd game planner but he was excellent at in game & mid season adjustments.

The pats offense of 2010, heading into the season, was going to be the Brady-Moss-Welker show with a few new guys (Gronkowski, Hernandez, Torry Holt).

To take what everybody THOUGHT it would be and compare that to what it became by the end of the season was pretty incredible.

Would like to pair Bridge/Manziel at 1 with a TE at 33 (hopefully Amaro or ASJ falls).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
B.O.B. adding Bridgewater to an already talented team is scary. B.O.B. was kind of an odd game planner but he was excellent at in game & mid season adjustments.

The pats offense of 2010, heading into the season, was going to be the Brady-Moss-Welker show with a few new guys (Gronkowski, Hernandez, Torry Holt).

To take what everybody THOUGHT it would be and compare that to what it became by the end of the season was pretty incredible.

B.O.B.?

Bill O Brien.

I called him B.O.B. for short. Cool
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
BladeKor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
BladeKor wrote:

If he came out, Texans can trade down a few spots and take him and get more picks in the process.

This is not the NCAA, Bridgewater translates better to the pros. Take your Johnny U and go play somewhere else.

Huh? Take my Johnny U and go play somewhere else? Who said anything about me being a fan of his? All I'm saying is that Texans should trade down and just draft him. He will sale jersey's and already has a fanbase in Texas, and he will probably have a better career than Bridgewater anyways.

I think he was directing that at Manziel himself, not you. Wink

You dont take a QB just because of jersey sales and because he has a fan base. Case Keenum has a fan base in Houston as well and he isnt considered a franchise QB. Bottom line is, you take the best QB you can and Bridgewater is the best QB in the draft. Jersey sales will come later.

How many times we heard that "he is the best QB in this draft!" before? lol. Just because he is projected as the "best" QB, doesn't mean he will.
Who do you consider to be the best QB in the draft?

If I had to choose, I would probably pick Carr. I think his brother's (bust) football career will motivate him to be the best in this class.

Just curious, how long have you been watching football?

20+ years.
mse326

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made his first hire. Romeo Crennel is the new Texans DC
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24397616/report-romeo-crennel-to-be-named-new-texans-defensive-coordinator

I like this move. Crennel is a bad HC, but a great DC. And he knows how to get the best out of 3-4 DE like he did with Seymour and Warren so he should be able to maximize Watt's play.

#JDI
Bruce Wayne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crennel would definitely love a watt clowney combo
KingBishop

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
green24 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

B.O.B.?

Bill O Brien.

I called him B.O.B. for short. Cool

Probably takes you longer to make sure your periods are in the right place than to write out his whole name
KingBishop

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
BladeKor wrote:

If he came out, Texans can trade down a few spots and take him and get more picks in the process.

This is not the NCAA, Bridgewater translates better to the pros. Take your Johnny U and go play somewhere else.

Huh? Take my Johnny U and go play somewhere else? Who said anything about me being a fan of his? All I'm saying is that Texans should trade down and just draft him. He will sale jersey's and already has a fanbase in Texas, and he will probably have a better career than Bridgewater anyways.

I think he was directing that at Manziel himself, not you. Wink

You dont take a QB just because of jersey sales and because he has a fan base. Case Keenum has a fan base in Houston as well and he isnt considered a franchise QB. Bottom line is, you take the best QB you can and Bridgewater is the best QB in the draft. Jersey sales will come later.

How many times we heard that "he is the best QB in this draft!" before? lol. Just because he is projected as the "best" QB, doesn't mean he will.
Who do you consider to be the best QB in the draft?

If I had to choose, I would probably pick Carr. I think his brother's (bust) football career will motivate him to be the best in this class.

Just curious, how long have you been watching football?

20+ years.
futbol 20 plus years, football yesterday
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you worked for the pats and you become a head coach for a new team.You should know the outcome.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
Made his first hire. Romeo Crennel is the new Texans DC
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24397616/report-romeo-crennel-to-be-named-new-texans-defensive-coordinator

I like this move. Crennel is a bad HC, but a great DC. And he knows how to get the best out of 3-4 DE like he did with Seymour and Warren so he should be able to maximize Watt's play.

Interesting thing about Crennel - when Belichick was trying to come up with a game plan to slow down the Rams in Super Bowl XXVI, he called Nick Saban to help him. From everything I've read, Crennel didn't do much in terms of game planning with the Pats. Belichick would develop the gameplans and then Crennel would install them and was responsible for more of the coaching/motivating.

He was a great DC with the Pats for sure but I wonder how much of his success was due to Belichick. He also was fortunate enough to have a great staff of positional coaches - Rob Ryan (OLB), Pepper Johnson (ILB), Eric Mangini (DB) and Josh McDaniels (special defensive assistant).

Regardless, I think he'll have success in Houston. They have plenty of talent and Crennel can call a good game and get the most out of his players. He's also a very good DL coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: