Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns fire HC Rob Chudzinski
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilsonhurtsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
SodakViking wrote:
Looks like McDaniels won't be the leader of the Browns next year.

Someone else want to step up to the plate and take him please?

Pats fans who complain about McDaniels are very spoiled. Our offense is statistically one of the better out there year after year and generally carries the defense...though it has been back and forth this year.

I can't take the complainers seriously because McDaniels is one of the better OC's out there. These same people whined about how bad BOB was in our SB year (when the offense was incredible), they complained about Josh before him, and Charlie Weiss before him.

He isn't perfect but he is good overall. These people will complain about our next OC too. Easy person to blame when things aren't going well...except in NWE things are perfectly fine if not quite good. Spoiled.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as a completely blind Tebow fan, this makes me sad. Lol
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/422371228553605120

Quote:
Other problems: Candidates have been calling Rob Chudzinski, who Iím told has been honest. Tough to lure candidates after one-and-done

Perhaps another reason why McDaniels declined.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert Breer reported on Twitter that the Browns HC job is going to be tough to fill. They kicked guys like Chud, Horton and Turner to the curb after one year. Not to mention they have no QB and no RB. Oh - and if Josh Gordon forgets to say "Bless You" after somebody sneezes, he'll be suspended for the year which leaves them with essentially no weapons on offense.

Somebody will take the job but it's not a dream job scenario. I think Todd Bowles might take it. He had a little head coaching experience while serving at the interim in Miami and a history with Joe Banner.

Gase or McAdoo might be a better fit because they need someone who can either develop a young QB or get the best out of one of their existing QBs. I just don't know if either of those promising candidates would be willing to take the job. Sometimes you only get one chance to make an impression and if you don't take a pretty girl to the dance you'll be remembered for it.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how you look at that roster or how they've treated their coaches this season, there are still only 32 NFL head coaching positions in the world. They will get a quality applicant at some point.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 9 tackles
Jordan Reed - 1 catch, 4 rec yards, 1 bum hamstring
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
No matter how you look at that roster or how they've treated their coaches this season, there are still only 32 NFL head coaching positions in the world. They will get a quality applicant at some point.

Agreed but I think two scenarios are likely.
1) An OC or DC decides to stay in their current role rather than take a job with such instability which is what I think McDaniels did.

2) A potential hire chooses another team over the Browns because of the situation in Cleveland.

Somebody will be their HC but they don't exactly get their choice. They may have to settle for their 4th or 5th preferred candidate.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

1) An OC or DC decides to stay in their current role rather than take a job with such instability which is what I think McDaniels did.

2) A potential hire chooses another team over the Browns because of the situation in Cleveland.

Somebody will be their HC but they don't exactly get their choice. They may have to settle for their 4th or 5th preferred candidate.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Chups

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
So as a completely blind Tebow fan, this makes me sad. Lol

You would have to be blind to be a Tebow fan!
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

The most insane of circumstances really. They fire Chud because he wasn't one of "their" guys and think they can bring in McDaniels, McD says no because they fired Chud after a year and left things a mess, so now not only did they lose their HC but they have to settle for the D-list of options at this point.
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Citing conversations with people around the league, NFL Network's Albert Breer says the feeling is the Browns' head-coaching job is viewed as "radioactive."

"Tough spot for them," added Breer of the Browns, who were quickly spurned by Patriots OC Josh McDaniels. The Browns have an alleged-criminal owner and kicked Rob Chudzinski aside after one year on the job, also letting outstanding coordinators Ray Horton and Norv Turner leave without a fight. There is no franchise quarterback or running back on the roster. It's not surprising coaches around the league aren't lining up to succeed Chudzinski.

Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can hardly blame coaches for wanting to steer clear, given the way the Browns have conducted themselves.

Yes, there are only 32 NFL HC jobs, but if you don't take one this year, you know there will be half a dozen more next year. Why risk your reputation on the Browns, when you can just wait?

I think they'll end up settling for someone no other NFL team would hire for the position, or they'll have to go and hire one of the guys who just got fired. Kubiak, perhaps.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
You can hardly blame coaches for wanting to steer clear, given the way the Browns have conducted themselves.

Yes, there are only 32 NFL HC jobs, but if you don't take one this year, you know there will be half a dozen more next year. Why risk your reputation on the Browns, when you can just wait?

I think they'll end up settling for someone no other NFL team would hire for the position, or they'll have to go and hire one of the guys who just got fired. Kubiak, perhaps.

You mean the front office?

The City, nor the fans deserve this. These clowns running the team either get their stuff together to salvage their NFL careers or get their asses blackballed from the league.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

You mean the front office?

The City, nor the fans deserve this. These clowns running the team either get their stuff together to salvage their NFL careers or get their asses blackballed from the league.

Yeah, I mean the front office.

The organisation has wallowed for years, then the new owner comes in and apparently hires a crony as his GM, then they can't get the HC they want, so they bring in a patsy for the year. And that guy actually does more than you might expect, with a team that has no QB. But then they get a sniff that their next favourite HC candidate might be available, so out goes Chud. Serves them right that McDaniels said no (though that will probably end up working out better for the organisation).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's going on with Ray Horton, is he still under contract with the Browns or has he been released from his contract to pursue other opportunities?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
So what's going on with Ray Horton, is he still under contract with the Browns or has he been released from his contract to pursue other opportunities?

AFAIK- under contract but free to explore opportunities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 24 of 30

Jump to: