Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins to Fire HC Mike Shanahan Monday Morning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3 played like garbage all year, injury or not. It has been inferred and implied at various points of the season that he did not take well to criticism from Mike and Kyle. RG3 now gets his wish...Mike is gone. Your star QB soured on your HC and poisoned the well for the rest of the roster.

The problem I have with most fans, and most on the Redskins board, is how short term our memories are. Very few remember the state of the Redskins in 2009. That team was a mess everywhere - scouting, personnel moves, coaching, roster, PR. A true disaster. Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen spent a lot of time cleaning up operations for the franchise.

Shanahan is saying the salary cap penalty was debilitating, and it was, especially when you factor in the three missing picks from the RG3 trade. Nevertheless, the Redskins have good offensive pieces (top 3 LT, top 6 RB, a franchise QB per se, and a #1 receiver).

For all the things that went wrong from January 2013 to now, this franchise operates far better and more cohesively than it did pre-Shanahan.

When you lose faith in a coach, you have to move on...the problem is choosing a successor. I have little faith in Dan Snyder to do the right thing, hiring Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan was a good football move that I doubt will be replicated this time around.

Blknite01's masterpiece
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
RG3 played like garbage all year, injury or not. It has been inferred and implied at various points of the season that he did not take well to criticism from Mike and Kyle. RG3 now gets his wish...Mike is gone.

Yes, because this team looked so much better with Cousins under center
Rolling Eyes
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
RG3 played like garbage all year, injury or not. It has been inferred and implied at various points of the season that he did not take well to criticism from Mike and Kyle. RG3 now gets his wish...Mike is gone. Your star QB soured on your HC and poisoned the well for the rest of the roster.

The problem I have with most fans, and most on the Redskins board, is how short term our memories are. Very few remember the state of the Redskins in 2009. That team was a mess everywhere - scouting, personnel moves, coaching, roster, PR. A true disaster. Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen spent a lot of time cleaning up operations for the franchise.

Shanahan is saying the salary cap penalty was debilitating, and it was, especially when you factor in the three missing picks from the RG3 trade. Nevertheless, the Redskins have good offensive pieces (top 3 LT, top 6 RB, a franchise QB per se, and a #1 receiver).

For all the things that went wrong from January 2013 to now, this franchise operates far better and more cohesively than it did pre-Shanahan.

When you lose faith in a coach, you have to move on...the problem is choosing a successor. I have little faith in Dan Snyder to do the right thing, hiring Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan was a good football move that I doubt will be replicated this time around.

I don't care how cohesively it runs. 3-13 is pathetic. One miracle run at the end of a season along with 3 losing seasons isn't enough to keep a guy.

Sig By Mike23md

Adopt A Skin

Leonard Hankerson
Santana Moss
Brandon Meriweather
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Mike you ruined Kirks trade value, RG3's knee & you're getting 7 million this year

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:

Take footy's comment with a grain of salt. He was saying Cousins was a better QB than RGIII hahaha
Chief_Zee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

I don't care how cohesively it runs. 3-13 is pathetic. One miracle run at the end of a season along with 3 losing seasons isn't enough to keep a guy.

Completely agree. This team looked pretty bad last season before that 7 game win streak. Those seven games are the only time I have seen this Shanahan team look any good to be honest. While we did have more structure with Shanahan than in previous seasons, that alone does not merit keeping him. His product was just not getting the job done. End of story.

I actually think Snyder will handle this better then most Redskins fans. Danny isn't a complete fool. He should be able to see that Shanahan put a little bit of order back into this organization. I feel that a lot of Redskins fans think Snyder will start playing Madden with the franchise again now that Shanny is gone. He knows that doesn't work. I think he is past the point of trying to build a team himself. Hopefully he hires a true GM and keeps himself out of the picture.

^Jamison. on the masterpiece^

Adopt-A-Redskin 2013:
Reed Doughty
Barry Cofield
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief_Zee wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

Completely agree. This team looked pretty bad last season before that 7 game win streak. Those seven games are the only time I have seen this Shanahan team look any good to be honest. While we did have more structure with Shanahan than in previous seasons, that alone does not merit keeping him. His product was just not getting the job done. End of story.

I actually think Snyder will handle this better then most Redskins fans. Danny isn't a complete fool. He should be able to see that Shanahan put a little bit of order back into this organization. I feel that a lot of Redskins fans think Snyder will start playing Madden with the franchise again now that Shanny is gone. He knows that doesn't work. I think he is past the point of trying to build a team himself. Hopefully he hires a true GM and keeps himself out of the picture.

The average Redskins fan is inherently stupid (not on this site, but in general) so I'm, not surprised at how badly we're handling it.

I'm not denying the processes are better now then they were, and if these FO practices enable a new guy to actually get it done on the field then Shanahan will be worth all the money that we paid him. One thing is for sure though, and that's that I haven't seen anything outside of one 7 game run that leads me to believe Shanahan could do any better with one more year and 18 million more dollars of cap room.

Sig By Mike23md

Adopt A Skin

Leonard Hankerson
Santana Moss
Brandon Meriweather
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was clearly the right move. I question if Shanahan will ever coach again given how poor ending in Denver was and the poor job he did in DC.

As others said, his problems aren't that he isn't a good offensive mind. his problem is that he is bad with relationships with his star players and he's not a good personnel guy.

I don't see him taking another job without having total control again. he had total control in his last 14 years and he's been average w/o Elway minus a few seasons. Id be shocked if Shanahans ego ever lets him just be a coach again w/o having control of everything. Which he's proven, just like everyone else that's ever tried to do it all, its too much for one man to handle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many RGIII coach killer comments are there in this thread. I didn't take the time to look. Laughing
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
How many RGIII coach killer comments are there in this thread. I didn't take the time to look. Laughing

It's because it's the truth. All the press conferences and media comments clearly affected the team and served to inflame the media coverage of the player/coach issues.

Shanahan's defenses continue to be an issue, as was the case in Denver. With RG3 clearly needing more maturation time as a leader and a QB, Mike should have taken greater care to build up his defense to carry his young QB. That was a serious error - expecting the team to substantial outperform its personnel deficiencies for two straight seasons.

trebongs wrote:
Take footy's comment with a grain of salt. He was saying Cousins was a better QB than RGIII hahaha
Although I have not said this, I do not think it's a stretch to suggest that Kirk can make progression reads better than Griffin. Over and over again Robert has locked on to Pierre Garcon exclusively rather than hit the open receiver.

Blknite01's masterpiece
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call Rg3 a coach killer all you want, but just remember one thing it wasn't until he was apart of this team that we made it to the playoffs or even had any hope of being a good team. Take a look at Shannahans record since his two Super Bowls and let's see if you would hire a guy with his record. All those who think Cousins was so much better than Robert or Robert was the problem to why the team couldn't perform on the field, what was Cousins record the last three games 0-3. So even with a suppose guy that Mike wanted the team still couldn't win. People want to point blame at Robert but seem to forget this is only second season in the league so regression especially coming off sugery should to some degree been expected.

All reports that have came out have said Mike had final call on everything. So if Robert wasn't ready from the beginning of the season it was his responsibilty to sit him from the jump. I can't believe some people are tryna defend a guy who nearly cost us our "Franchise Guy" last year in vs Seattle and then had the nerve to take away valuable reps this season by benching him. This wouldn't have been done by any coach who really cared about his players or team IMO. Last but not least I thought the goal was to win!!!!! A record of 24-40 doesn't seem like a winning record to me but hey maybe I'm the crazy one.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The relationship between Shanny and RG3 was such that they simply couldn't keep them together. And they invested a lot in Griffin, so it was obvious who would go. Their next coach will have to continue developing RG3 properly.

I honestly think Shanahan can coach, but he has never been a solid personnel guy. I don't think he'll ever take a job where he doesn't have full control though, so I'd probably stay away.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ppl putting it on Shans relationship with players. Shows how little some know.

Fletcher went out of his way when retiring, and after. To say how much Shan was liked. Cause ppl believe any little piece the tabloid media produces like its the gospel.

Kyle and RG got along great. Kyle worked with RG and Garcon on gimmick plays constantly cause Garcon was the only wr that had any ability to get open.

Maybe its a American thing to believe every tabloid piece of garbage that pops up... I dont know, but for a couple years now the Shans and RG were locked together in film rooms for hours a week. Yet somehow they dont get along.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:

You summed up exactly how I feel. Agree completely.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Ppl putting it on Shans relationship with players. Shows how little some know.

Fletcher went out of his way when retiring, and after. To say how much Shan was liked. Cause ppl believe any little piece the tabloid media produces like its the gospel.

Kyle and RG got along great. Kyle worked with RG and Garcon on gimmick plays constantly cause Garcon was the only wr that had any ability to get open.

Maybe its a American thing to believe every tabloid piece of garbage that pops up... I dont know, but for a couple years now the Shans and RG were locked together in film rooms for hours a week. Yet somehow they dont get along.

uhm.... A couple of years??

This is his 2nd year and the problems started this year...

So...

They haven't been locked in a film room for a couple of years...

And even if that were true (which we know its not)

He would still have to do it, because its his job...

Ha... A couple of years..

Dude....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: