Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings fire Leslie Frazier
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like they need dear ol' Darrell Bevell back.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Sounds like they need dear ol' Darrell Bevell back.

reports are out the Vikings want to interview him, yes, but it could also be a smoke screen. which Spielman is very good at and uses frequently.

we just don't know at this point.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
tom cody

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when Leslie Frazier was considered the next great NFL coach. Going to be interesting to see how the next Vikings coach does especially if they draft a good QB this year.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
I remember when Leslie Frazier was considered the next great NFL coach. Going to be interesting to see how the next Vikings coach does especially if they draft a good QB this year.

I dont think anyone considered Frazier the next great NFL head coach. He was overhwhelmed from the beginning, but those pushing for the next Tony Dungy overrated Frazier. Spielman was not the GM when Wilf promoted Frazier from DC to HC. Had Spielman been promoted sooner, I doubt Frazier would have been hired back in 2011.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported that the Vikings requested to talk not only to Bevell but also to Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn. The Cleveland Browns also appear to be interested in Quinn. Bevell and Quinn could both interview for jobs this week because the Seahawks earned a bye as the first seed in the NFC playoffs.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports the Vikings are also looking at Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio and offensive coordinator Adam Gase and that an official inquiry has been made on Gase. Del Rio, a former Vikings linebacker, and Gase also would be able to talk to teams this week because Denver is the top seed in the AFC and is off this week. Gase, however, told the Denver Post that he won't talk to teams until after the Broncos' season is over.

Meanwhile, it also was reported the Vikings want to interview Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, as do the Browns.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Seahawks_offensive_coordinator_Darrell_Bevell_reportedly_on_Vikings_radar123013

Webmaster wrote:
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:

I didnt want Frazier as this coach.
He took over internally after Childress.
he interviewed many many times... without an landing a job.
Was it to satisfy the rule?
Maybe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spielman said he wants to begin interviewing head coaching candidates later this week, with the goal of having a head coach in place by the Senior Bowl in late January.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/64441/vikings-assistants-waiting-to-learn-fate

Webmaster wrote:
AP_allday2869

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
tom cody wrote:

I dont think anyone considered Frazier the next great NFL head coach. He was overhwhelmed from the beginning, but those pushing for the next Tony Dungy overrated Frazier. Spielman was not the GM when Wilf promoted Frazier from DC to HC. Had Spielman been promoted sooner, I doubt Frazier would have been hired back in 2011.

If I remember right, Frazier was considered to be somewhat of a commodity for a head coaching job after I think was the 2009 season when we went to the NFCCG.

Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
I think Greg Roman would be a good match for this team.

lol, stop trying to dump him off on other teams. It's not going to happen... Laughing

Laughing Ive seen him post about Roman sooooooo much too.

You have no clue how much I want him gone. Maybe the Bengals can use him as your defensive coordinator when Zimmer is gone. He's pretty good at slowing down offenses.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Zimmer will be interviewing in MN. He is probably my favorite defensive coach available.

http://stripehype.com/2013/12/31/report-mike-zimmer-interview-minnesota-vikings/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_allday2869 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
tom cody wrote:

If I remember right, Frazier was considered to be somewhat of a commodity for a head coaching job after I think was the 2009 season when we went to the NFCCG.

He did receive a few interviews, I dont know how legit they were though. He was passed over a few times if i recall.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Mike Zimmer will be interviewing in MN. He is probably my favorite defensive coach available.

http://stripehype.com/2013/12/31/report-mike-zimmer-interview-minnesota-vikings/

Come to papa.

Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported that the Vikings requested to talk not only to Bevell but also to Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn. The Cleveland Browns also appear to be interested in Quinn. Bevell and Quinn could both interview for jobs this week because the Seahawks earned a bye as the first seed in the NFC playoffs.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports the Vikings are also looking at Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio and offensive coordinator Adam Gase and that an official inquiry has been made on Gase. Del Rio, a former Vikings linebacker, and Gase also would be able to talk to teams this week because Denver is the top seed in the AFC and is off this week. Gase, however, told the Denver Post that he won't talk to teams until after the Broncos' season is over.

Meanwhile, it also was reported the Vikings want to interview Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, as do the Browns.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Seahawks_offensive_coordinator_Darrell_Bevell_reportedly_on_Vikings_radar123013
No. You can have Bevell back, I want to keep Quinn

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Allen: ďItís never one personís fault, itís always an accumulation of things. There are always plays throughout the game you want back or would take back or do differently. And Iím sure coaches have calls they would want to take back. Itís a team sport. Itís a team effort. You win together, you lose together. Unfortunately, itís like the quarterback, right? You get all the praise, all the scrutiny. The head coach gets all the praise and all the scrutiny, and when you donít win it falls on his shoulders. Coach Frazier understood that. He addressed that with us today. He was very genuine with us. I will always love him.Ē

Phil Loadholt: ďItís never easy, you have to own up to your own role in something like this happening. The NFL is always changing and youíre always looking forward. But you canít help but wonder that, if we had done this differently or that differently, we might be here today preparing for a playoff game and Coach Frazier might be getting a long-term contract. Itís tough because, from the outside, it looks like he failed. He didnít. We just didnít get the job done and thatís on us.Ē

http://min.scout.com/2/1361330.html

Webmaster wrote:
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Is this the year Zimmer get's a HC job? Shocked

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: