Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Raiders HC Dennis Allen will return in 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good decision.

The guy did well with what he had, and deserves the chance to take some of that cap space, and the players he can get in the draft, and try to build something.

The Raiders are in a tough division, but I think they can make the right moves and improve quite a bit next year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to do a lot with what the Raiders have had. He does deserve a shot to see if he can ultimately make progress with Oakland.
MLB: New York Yankees
College Basketball: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
DEADstar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEADstar wrote:

Hahahaha, that is so stupid. God love you Al, but you really put us in a damn hole!

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Willis666

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEADstar wrote:

That is just sad, so glad the deconstruction is over.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
I am happy with this move. He had the worst roster in the NFL. We have $65+ Million to spend in FA, top 5 draft picks and finally some stability. We should vastly improve next year.

You guys would need one hell of an offseason to really improve, but I like Dennis Allen. Get him some real talent (meaning no more Pryor/McFadden) and I totally could see Oakland becoming a very competitive team again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did this league turn into "win now or get fired" league? It's take times to 1) bring in the right coaching staff, 2) establish a system and a philosophy and 3) find talented players that fit that system.

A coach cannot do that in 1-2 years. Good for the Raiders to give the man ample amount of time to try his best. I'm not sure he's the right man for the job, but he deserves the time to prove it.
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Allen should survive the deconstruction years as they call them internally. Guy hasn't had any real talent to work with and the uninspiring combo of McGloin and Pryor at QB.

They now have a top 5 draft pick and 65+ million to help build a roster of talent.

You find me anyone (outside homer raider fans) who thought this team would win more than 1-2 games this season.

Fun fact: Allen would be the first coach since Gruden to get a 3rd year. That sums up the issue in Oakland w/ Davis all these years.

Wow
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEADstar wrote:

Dear lord. Davis ran that franchise into the ground the last 7 years or so he was there. No disrespect to what he was before that, but damn....he had no business making personnel decisions.

Anyway...good decision to keep Allen. It at least shows the Raiders have progressed past Al's mindset of giving up on coaches quickly.

Now that the Raiders finally have some draft picks and cap space in the same year, perhaps Allen can finally start making that team his own....and that starts with a QB.

What are the Raiders biggest needs outside of QB? Are there any positions they DONT have a need at? Laughing Serious question, though.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
DEADstar wrote:

Dear lord. Davis ran that franchise into the ground the last 7 years or so he was there. No disrespect to what he was before that, but damn....he had no business making personnel decisions.

Anyway...good decision to keep Allen. It at least shows the Raiders have progressed past Al's mindset of giving up on coaches quickly.

Now that the Raiders finally have some draft picks and cap space in the same year, perhaps Allen can finally start making that team his own....and that starts with a QB.

What are the Raiders biggest needs outside of QB? Are there any positions they DONT have a need at? Laughing Serious question, though.

No worries man Laughing
It's a legit question since we're talent deprived.

Our LB corps is actually decent. Nick Roach did a nice job in his first year as a MLB. Sio Moore showed flashes of being very good at SLB and Kevin Burnett was solid at WLB. Assuming Veldheer returns, and it looks very likely, OT is not a need. We spent a 2nd rounder on Menelik Watson and when he wasn't hurt, he looked pretty good. Tony Pashos was meh, but not a liability. Matt McCants started the year on the PS and was thrust into action early on and wasn't bad.

So basically LB and OT are not needs for the Raiders.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LBer is not a need necessarily, but we need pass rushers in the worst way. We could definitely use a Barr at OLB. On top of OT, we are set FB.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for the raiders. Hopefully a strong off season and you guys are competing soon.

Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
LBer is not a need necessarily, but we need pass rushers in the worst way. We could definitely use a Barr at OLB. On top of OT, we are set FB.

How could I forget about FB? SMH

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
davin fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
So this is just a rumor for now? I won't mind him returning, and think it only fair. However, no amount of money is going to fix his lack of half time adjustments. We're just as bad as we were two years ago, the defense sucks, the offense sucks, the penalties are still high. What has he changed in two years to warrant another?

We can make excuses and cry for continuity but so far the only thing he's done consistently is lose and make mistakes.

He's young, if he's retained he can certainly grow. With another year perhaps the staff will progress as well. I don't think we'll land any good candidates anyway so perhaps it's best to keep him.

I agree with most of this. I think Allen has tried hard but the team has regressed since the start of the season and I felt that the players stopped playing hard in the last month. Our offense is a mess and we we're still undisciplined and often penalized. Our defense, which is Allen's strongsuit, is a bottom-5 unit.

I think Allen is a nice guy, but I don't think he brings much to the table. Sure, we've been handcuffed by a depleted roster, but the team still lacks an identity and nothing that Allen's done or said has hinted at his vision for the team. I can see us getting back to 8-8 under his watch, but he just doesn't seem to have "it". I'd rather have the Raiders cut ties sooner than later.

I'm also not a big fan of Reggie (our past 2 drafts have been duds, save Sio Moore and Mychal Rivera, and our QB situation is a disaster), but understand he's been playing without a full deck so this offseason to me is his make or break year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't official to until an announcement is made. I mean its Mark Davis after all.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: