Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Freeman had problems in Minny.. Didnt see that coming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
Fraizer feilt pressure for his job, and possibly by the FO, to start Freeman. That Giants game was awful.

Speilman's last ditch effort to fix the QB position. He knows nothing when it comes to selecting a franchise QB

Except the quotes imply that it was a good amount of Frazier's decision, and there have been other reports that it was on the Wilf's through Joe Soucheray.

SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, no one saw that coming alright..

#FreeToddGurley
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting this guy basically got Frazier fired, because it was evident to everyone that either he didn't know who his best quarterback or he was being strong armed by internal politics.
K9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about the stories back when he was in Tampa. While you never know all sides to those stories, I thought that they were making Freeman look bad. Now, after seeing these reports and statements, I'm assuming a lot of the negative statements could have been true.

You'd think that after the debacle in Tampa, Freeman would want to change his behavior and work ethic. If these statements are true, I hope the Vikes get rid of him. You can't afford to keep a QB like this...
SodakViking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy god what a terrible day for the vikings PR wise.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell is this idiot's problem? He's given a chance to live the dream and be an NFL QB, and okay, he makes a mess of it with his lousy attitude. But then he's given a second chance, an opportunity to prove people wrong and he apparently doesn't change at all.

Some people don't deserve the gifts they're given by nature.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering from JaWalrus syndrome.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to believe he was even an above average QB at one point with this attitude.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy made like $8 million this year alone, plus 4 years of a 1st round rookie contract before the new CBA. If he's smarter off the field than on it he'll be set up nicely for a long time, because i can't see him sticking on a roster for any significant amount of time, after burning bridges like this.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
green24 wrote:
This is why the Jets chose Mark Sanchez over Josh Freeman. They strongly questioned Freeman's leadership abilities.
It takes Josh Freeman to make Mark Sanchez look good. That's sad.
As bad of a QB as he is, Sanchez is a good leader. Can't say the same for Freeman at all…

Pretty much.

Freman is straight cash homey in the 2 minute drill,though
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Rick Spielman gem Laughing I am glad he gets to pick the Vikings next failure at QB, the guy really never seems to be right about that position Laughing
SodakViking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Another Rick Spielman gem Laughing I am glad he gets to pick the Vikings next failure at QB, the guy really never seems to be right about that position Laughing

go back under your bridge plz thx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SodakViking wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Great reply. Wanna tell me about all the All Pro's Spielman has drafted at QB? He said he was high on Freeman in the draft too, a guy with a poor work ethic, did he not do his homework? Spielman has been a total flop with QB's and Frazier was the one who took the bullet. Frazier was a sub par coach but Spielman gets a free pass.
SodakViking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
SodakViking wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Great reply. Wanna tell me about all the All Pro's Spielman has drafted at QB? He said he was high on Freeman in the draft too, a guy with a poor work ethic, did he not do his homework? Spielman has been a total flop with QB's and Frazier was the one who took the bullet. Frazier was a sub par coach but Spielman gets a free pass.

Frazier was the one who brought in McNabb. Frazier was involved in the drafting of Christian Ponder, too, and when asked about drafting Ponder over Dalton, Leslie said "We targeted Christian, and it worked out fine. He was our guy."

When the Vikings drafted Ponder, I remember a few highly regarded posters saying how great of a pick it was. You know what team those fans supported?

Your Packers. I guess they didn't know what they were talking about, either.

But yeah, Spielman is totally to blame 100%. It was Frazier's decision to play him after signing him 10 days. It was Frazier's decision not to bench Ponder until the last quarter of the season. Spielman took a low risk, high reward signing a former first round pick who had shown many flashes of being able to be a good starter in the league. Rick doesn't have the greatest resume of drafting QB's, but your analysis is ignorant to say the least.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't T-Jack Childress' guy and not Spielmans?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: