Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Kluwe Claims he Was Cut because of Views on ..
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwestEagles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Chris Kluwe Claims he Was Cut because of Views on .. Reply with quote

gay marriage and his activism.

http://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-player-until-i-was-fired-by-two-cowards-an-1493208214

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if his claims were true, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he is just being bitter and I don't know enough about his on-field play to speculate. I just think this is worth sharing.

P.S. please keep the politics and views on gay marriage out of this, don't want Webby to drop the ban hammers.

Chips-Ahoy
2013 Bird Watch Brent Celek
Rec: 32 Yards: 502 tds : 6 men trucked: only god knows
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way.

He was cut because of his declining play and lack of ball placement. I love Chris Kluwe. He's an awesome guy off-the-field (his Twitter is hilarious usually) and I respect his activism. But saying he was cut due to his political activism is just ridiculous.

Nacho Simulation Football League
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well lock this now

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Babylon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
No way.

He was cut because of his declining play and lack of ball placement. I love Chris Kluwe. He's an awesome guy and I respect his activism. But saying he was cut due to his political activism is just ridiculous.

Pretty much, a few players have come out and denied his claims about Priefer as well, so who knows if he's telling the truth or not. It certainly wouldn't be shocking.

It's a shame that Chris Kluwe has tried so hard to co-opt the work of rights advocates like Brendon Ayanbadejo so he can go around spouting memes.
bwestEagles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
No way.

He was cut because of his declining play and lack of ball placement. I love Chris Kluwe. He's an awesome guy off-the-field (his Twitter is hilarious usually) and I respect his activism. But saying he was cut due to his political activism is just ridiculous.

I see, like I said I had no idea about his play except from what I read in the article (where he obviously said he was playing great).

What do y'all think happens to Priefer's career though? IDK if a team would want to deal with the headache that would come with hiring him.

Chips-Ahoy
2013 Bird Watch Brent Celek
Rec: 32 Yards: 502 tds : 6 men trucked: only god knows
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mediocre punter on the wrong side of 30 entering the final year of a 6-year deal?

Yeah, sorry, nothing to see here.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
xmichaelp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not, it doesn't help though. Some teams just may not want to deal with the distractions but I think it would be more for him writing negative essays and such (which i think are hilarious) than just voicing support for causes.

Kluwe seems to think he's a lot better than he is though, I remember him multiple times talking about how he's the best Vikings punter ever statistically and all that and seemed to imply he can't find work because of activism in the past. He really isn't that good anymore, if he was still good the Raiders wouldn't have cut him. I love Kluwe though.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacman Jones is still playing in the nfl. They aren't going to get rid of a quality player for something as trivial as political views.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lesson here kids. Be vocal on controversial issues. Then if you lose your job for performance you can make your bosses look like bigots.

Free Ray Rice
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the biggest Kluwe supporter you'll ever find. Love his activism for the most part wish more athletes would be vocal but it's not why he was cut he regressed substantially his last year in Minnesota and subsequently cut.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
There's a lesson here kids. Be vocal on controversial issues. Then if you lose your job for performance you can make your bosses look like bigots.

This

xmichaelp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

He didn't call them bigots, he called Frazier and Spielman cowards and Priefer a bigot, which if the article is all true he would definitely qualify. Priefer sounds like a huge tool. I don't know about Frazier/Spielman being cowards, it's understandable why they wouldn't want the distractions, especially people calling in to the front office over the pope tweets.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Priefer was trying to find a way to get rid of Kluwe since last year. I'm guessing you don't know much about Kluwe only what you read. I know a bit more about him (and I'm not going to say how or where) but there was some shady stuff going down last spring and you know he was on his way out but not because he was declining.
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Pacman Jones is still playing in the nfl. They aren't going to get rid of a quality player for something as trivial as political views.

Exactly. Steelers kept Mendenhall after the pro-Osama tweets

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People also seem to forget he was signed by Oakland and was cut due to being beaten out by Marquette King. Let's face it, he's just not good anymore and leave it at that. I don't know what Mike Priefer said behind closed doors, but it seems a lot of other players have been supportive of him, and that they've never seen him behave this way:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24395765/vikings-st-coach-mike-priefer-denies-chris-kluwe-allegations

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Laughing

Indeed.

Nacho Simulation Football League

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: