Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Kluwe Claims he Was Cut because of Views on ..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver Bullet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's obviously still hurt that he got cut. I guess this is his way of getting back at them. Just let it go Chris. You're only making a fool out of yourself. If it's a lie, you're a fool. If it's true, you're a fool. Either way, you're foolish for this.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Hes saying this because he doesn't want a coach who he thinks is a bigot to get a head coaching job and because it wont negatively effect his friends/teammates.

Hes saying this because he thinks its the right thing to do. He states all this stuff in the article.

Mike Priefer was in line for a head coaching opportunity? News to me....

Nacho Simulation Football League
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officer Ricky wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
I have been supportive of Kluwe in the past, but this just doenst sit well with me. I am all for being outspoken, but this doesnt seem to do anything to actually support his clause, rather, make someone else look bad. Why did it take so long for Priefer's supposed treatment of Kluwe to come out? Wouldnt someone on the team have noticed? Especially Blair Walsh, who was probably the closest players on the team to Kluwe and Priefer in 2012. Walsh is siding with Priefer.

Not saying Kluwe is right or wrong, but obviously current players aren't goona speak bad about the team and players not employed wouldn't want to get involved in this situation cause it hurts their chances of coming back. In the article he said teammates were present to witness Priefer's comments and gave direct quotes of their reactions. He said in the article that he didn't come out with it earlier cause he didn't want to be a distraction to the team/his friends during their regular season and he didn't want to hurt his chances in the NFL by coming out with all this, but since he doubt he has a future in the NFL...it's all out.

Its hard for Kluwe to justify his comments if he cant provide support. What specifically did Priefer say? Where are these players? The support for Priefer has been strong so far, there hasnt been a single former player who has come out to support Kluwe yet. Maybe they will come.

Longwell is a bitter former player. When Frazier was fired, Longwell came out and said the wrong person was fired (referring to Rick Spielman who cut Longwell). I would think that Longwell, who has no chance of coming back to the NFL, would have echoed Kluwe's remarks if it was as appalling as Kluwe has made the situation out to be. Longwell and Kluwe were very close.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that it was the sole reason for him being cut. But if true, it's disappointing.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Officer Ricky wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
I have been supportive of Kluwe in the past, but this just doenst sit well with me. I am all for being outspoken, but this doesnt seem to do anything to actually support his clause, rather, make someone else look bad. Why did it take so long for Priefer's supposed treatment of Kluwe to come out? Wouldnt someone on the team have noticed? Especially Blair Walsh, who was probably the closest players on the team to Kluwe and Priefer in 2012. Walsh is siding with Priefer.

Not saying Kluwe is right or wrong, but obviously current players aren't goona speak bad about the team and players not employed wouldn't want to get involved in this situation cause it hurts their chances of coming back. In the article he said teammates were present to witness Priefer's comments and gave direct quotes of their reactions. He said in the article that he didn't come out with it earlier cause he didn't want to be a distraction to the team/his friends during their regular season and he didn't want to hurt his chances in the NFL by coming out with all this, but since he doubt he has a future in the NFL...it's all out.

Its hard for Kluwe to justify his comments if he cant provide support. What specifically did Priefer say? Where are these players? The support for Priefer has been strong so far, there hasnt been a single former player who has come out to support Kluwe yet. Maybe they will come.

Longwell is a bitter former player. When Frazier was fired, Longwell came out and said the wrong person was fired (referring to Rick Spielman who cut Longwell). I would think that Longwell, who has no chance of coming back to the NFL, would have echoed Kluwe's remarks if it was as appalling as Kluwe has made the situation out to be. Longwell and Kluwe were very close.

He does provide one quote in the article:
"We should round up all the gays, send them to an island, and then nuke it until it glows."

Of course, no one else has confirmed or denied this yet. I don't think Kluwe would straight-up lie, though, but he may have exaggerated and/or paraphrased, not remembering the exact quote. Regardless about Priefer, the reason Kluwe was cut in favor of Jeff Locke was absolutely not his advocacy of homosexual rights.

Nacho Simulation Football League

Last edited by TheKillerNacho on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
sn0mm1s

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver Bullet wrote:
He's obviously still hurt that he got cut. I guess this is his way of getting back at them. Just let it go Chris. You're only making a fool out of yourself. If it's a lie, you're a fool. If it's true, you're a fool. Either way, you're foolish for this.

Hardly, if it is true there is no reason not to say it. If Priefer doesn't sue for defamation I would say you can pretty much conclude that it is true considering Kluwe's stated purpose for the article was so that Priefer never gets a job again.
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Officer Ricky wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

He does provide one quote in the article:
"We should round up all the gays, send them to an island, and then nuke it until it glows."

Of course, no one else has confirmed or denied this yet. I don't think Kluwe would straight-up lie, though, but he may have exaggerated and/or paraphrased, not remembering the exact quote.

Kluwe is probably smart enough to know that it would be libel to put a false claim out there. I'm guessing he probably has an old teammate or two willing to back him up on his claims.
vikingshomer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kluwe hasn't been in the press lately, so he goes to the media with this. Lol. This guy will do anything to get attention.
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Officer Ricky wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

It is hard to prove it one way or another. Longwell if I remember correctly had a try out for a team not to long ago, and was the Seahawks kicker just last season at the end of the year. Like I said, I doubt he would want to come out and involve himself in this since he still has a chance to extend his NFL career. And obviously Kluwe isn't just goona throw players under the bus by putting our their names, it would put those guys in a terrible situation. Kluwue just doesn't want that ST coach to turn into a HC.

Last edited by Officer Ricky on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bristow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kluwe was not good his last two years of play, despite the numbers he drops in the article. I love Kluwe, but he was not playing well and his salary made him simply not worth it.
roger murdock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sn0mm1s wrote:
Silver Bullet wrote:

Hardly, if it is true there is no reason not to say it. If Priefer doesn't sue for defamation I would say you can pretty much conclude that it is true considering Kluwe's stated purpose for the article was so that Priefer never gets a job again.

Bingo.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
sn0mm1s wrote:
Silver Bullet wrote:

Bingo.

Yep. That.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
AQuintus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Hes not even saying thats the reason he was cut.

Except for right here where he does:

Quote:
This is a true answer. I honestly don't know if my activism was the reason I got fired.

However, I'm pretty confident it was.
roger murdock

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Hes not even saying thats the reason he was cut.

Except for right here where he does:

Quote:
This is a true answer. I honestly don't know if my activism was the reason I got fired.

However, I'm pretty confident it was.

He says its a combination of things and that makes it easier. He states very clearly multiple times that he believes it contributed but cant be 100% sure. The last two paragraphs are the important part of the article.

Hes not looking to get a job out of this. Hes looking to make social progress. People here are missing the point.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Mike Priefer: “I vehemently deny today’s allegations made by Chris Kluwe."

http://www.kfan.com/pages/psn_paulallen.html#ixzz2pHtgOLfd

What else do you expect him to say? Laughing

i was posting it so people who, you know, are interested in NEWS would know his position.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: