Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 AP NFL All-Pro team announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Lacy had 102.5 scrimmage yards per game. Lynch had 98.3 scrimmage yards per game. Lacy had 0.78 TD's per game. Lynch had 0.87 TD's per game. Lacy had a YPC of 4.15 while Lynch had a YPC of 4.18. Lacy had only 1 fumble all year while Lynch had 4. Didn't count Lacy's game against Washington as a game played since he was knocked out by a cheap shot very early and only got in one carry. His YFS average would drop to 101.8 if we subtracted that one carry.

So Lacy had more scrimmage yards per game, and less fumbles while Lynch had more TD's and a slightly better YPC. Their numbers are very close. Then you factor in that Lacy played without his starting QB for almost half the season and it's definitely not egregious to have Lacy in over Lynch. It's not 2012.
It's not egregious to have Lacy over Lynch, but its still wrong.

Lynch had over 100 yards more after contact. He created 75 missed tackles to Lacy's 56. The Pack's run blocking was actually a little better than Seattle's this year. Lynch averaged 8.8 yards per catch to Lacy's 7.3. Lynch 2 TD's receiving to Lacy's 0.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
I think All Pro is much more impactful than the Pro Bowl. Not making the Pro Bowl but getting All Pro nominations shouldn't make ANYONE mad at all. Only the best of the best make All Pro.

Not true at all...

- 7/24/14
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, All Pro teams aren't perfect. Logan Mankins was not an All Pro player. Some of the safeties probably shouldn't have been All Pros (second team should be Weddle and Polamalu no doubt).

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Lacy had 102.5 scrimmage yards per game. Lynch had 98.3 scrimmage yards per game. Lacy had 0.78 TD's per game. Lynch had 0.87 TD's per game. Lacy had a YPC of 4.15 while Lynch had a YPC of 4.18. Lacy had only 1 fumble all year while Lynch had 4. Didn't count Lacy's game against Washington as a game played since he was knocked out by a cheap shot very early and only got in one carry. His YFS average would drop to 101.8 if we subtracted that one carry.

So Lacy had more scrimmage yards per game, and less fumbles while Lynch had more TD's and a slightly better YPC. Their numbers are very close. Then you factor in that Lacy played without his starting QB for almost half the season and it's definitely not egregious to have Lacy in over Lynch. It's not 2012.

Lynch had over 100 yards more after contact. He created 75 missed tackles to Lacy's 56. The Pack's run blocking was actually a little better than Seattle's this year. Lynch averaged 8.8 yards per catch to Lacy's 7.3. Lynch 2 TD's receiving to Lacy's 0.

That's a poor basis of measurement, though, because so much of that is driven by player style. Lynch also broke far more tackles than McCoy or Charles, but he certainly wasn't better than either of them.

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

That's a poor basis of measurement, though, because so much of that is driven by player style. Lynch also broke far more tackles than McCoy or Charles, but he certainly wasn't better than either of them.
first of all, Lynch could have had a better year in one or two respects and still been outplayed overall. Lynch is better at breaking tackles than McCoy or Charles, he didn't have a better year.

But your point makes no sense. Lacy and Lynch have
About as close of running styles as you can find

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care what anyone says. You may not agree with the players voted all pro. And you may not respect the opinions of some of the voters. But my 13 year old daughter has a say in who goes to the pro bowl. And she knows absolutely nothing about football. The all pro selections are far more a testament to player ability than the pro bowl. No all pro team will be agreed upon universally, but it's still a fair and generally accurate representation of who played well and who didnt.

In 20 years you can look back at this list and get a great idea who played well. In 20 years you will look back at the pro bowl teams and what will you be able to glean?

CK on the sig
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

Lynch and Lacy's styles are nearly identical Confused
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

Lynch and Lacy's styles are nearly identical Confused

They are identical, with Lynch being a little shiftier

XBL: ShiiNyIV
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If lacy made it then Zac as well, since he killed it once he became a stater lol..

Honestly, Lacy shouldn't have sniffed that all pro selection.. Just horrible..

Lynch, Forte or Charles!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
If lacy made it then Zac as well, since he killed it once he became a stater lol..

Lynch, Forte or Charles!

.....mccoy?

props to deadpulse
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Lynch, Forte or Charles!

.....mccoy?

That's a given baby..

He's on the first team.. Gotta take Charles out!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Lynch, Forte or Charles!

.....mccoy?

That's a given baby..

He's on the first team.. Gotta take Charles out!

so mccoy alone on first team. then three on the second?

props to deadpulse
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jairus Byrd does not deserve to be on here. He wasn't even the Bills best safety. Aaron Williams was better.

Kyle Williams was screwed this year. He was a beast.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Jairus Byrd does not deserve to be on here. He wasn't even the Bills best safety. Aaron Williams was better.

Would you say your defense is similar to Seattle's? Not to derail the thread, but most places I look I see both Alan Branch and Kyle Williams listed as Ends. It's like you're running a hybrid 3-4/4-3 look but calling it a 3-4 where as Seattle does the same thing and calls it a 4-3.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Would you say your defense is similar to Seattle's? Not to derail the thread, but most places I look I see both Alan Branch and Kyle Williams listed as Ends. It's like you're running a hybrid 3-4/4-3 look but calling it a 3-4 where as Seattle does the same thing and calls it a 4-3.

We run a 4-3 primarily. And run a lot of nickel. Dareus and Kyle are DTs. Mario plays one of the end positions. Branch and Hughes rotate at the other position. Branch on running downs and Jerry Hughes on passing downs. Then we have Kiko playing MLB, Manny Lawson playing SLB, and Nigel Bradham playing WLB. Although Bradham sucks and we take him out and place Nickell Robey in on nickel packages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: