Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Fire Head Coach Mike Munchak
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHONUFF

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Rod munch huh? Reply with quote

Do you think you they'll target a defensive or an offensive minded guy?
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Rod munch huh? Reply with quote

SHONUFF wrote:

Either of those would be an upgrade.
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Rod munch huh? Reply with quote

SHONUFF wrote:

I think more teams should go special teams.

New York JetsRutgers Scarlet KnightsBrooklyn NetsNew York Mets
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little late. Puts them behind the, not that bad though.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
bzane

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Every team the Jaguars beat has now fired their HC

The Wrath of Khan.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fearsome Fronts wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
Here's the report from yesterday by Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean that Munchak would be back -- http://www.tennessean.com/article/20140103/SPORTS01/301030112

Quote:
Munchak, on the hot seat after a 7-9 finish this season, has been offered the opportunity to return for the final year of his contract but must meet specific conditions, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Interesting. Lazy reporting or a true change of heart?
That or Munchak refused to fire some of his staff.
Most likely right. Ownership probably told Mike he could stay if he fired some of his staff, and he most likely refused.

As a Rams fan, this is an interesting move. A lot of former Jeff Fisher assistants will be available.

Any chance in hell he signs with the Rams.
Doubt it. Current Rams offensive line coach Paul Boudreau has done a masterful job.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
jagman777

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boo hiss
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Glennon Twitter wrote:
Munchak: “This is a day I hoped would never come, but there is a reason for everything. Words cannot express the sadness for leaving this organization that I have been a part of for over 30 years."

I feel for the guy. I really do. I think I speak for all Titans fans when I say that I really genuinely like Munchak as a person, and I wanted it to work out, but the fact is he just wasn't cut out for the job.

Good luck and all the best in the future, Munch.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably a good thing for the Titans and their fans. Tennessee seemed to be playing decent football before Locker got hurt, but they would have remained a mediocre at best team for as long as Munchak was the head coach.

It will be interesting to see who they hire. They have a very good defense that could become great if they acquire just a little more talent and if they hire a good coach and/or coordinator. The main thing holding the Titans back is their offense, so it might be a wise decision to bring in an offensive-minded head coach. Bringing in offensive-minded head coaches seems to be a recent trend in the NFL, so it won't be surprising if Tennessee continues this trend.

Thanks to Kiltman on the sig!
therealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Munchak: “This is a day I hoped would never come, but there is a reason for everything. Words cannot express the sadness for leaving this organization that I have been a part of for over 30 years."

I feel for the guy. I really do. I think I speak for all Titans fans when I say that I really genuinely like Munchak as a person, and I wanted it to work out, but the fact is he just wasn't cut out for the job.

I dont feel bad for anyone making millions when it comes to them losing a job.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:

He probably should never have been a head coach in the first place. Ive never been a fan of Oline coaches moving up through the ranks to head coach positions. Just doesnt happen enough and recently, they dont seem to have much success. Especially going from OL coach to Head Coach, he just seemed under-qualified.

As for the Titans next head coach, I think they need a good offensive mind. Someone who can work with Jake Locker. They need to determine if he is the long-term starter or not.
coors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about him as a coach, but I gained a ton of respect for him after hearing that he could have signed an extension and kept his job as long as he got rid of some (or maybe all?) of the guys on his staff. I bet 99% of the coaches out there were in that same situation, they would have dumped their staff, signed the contract, and never once think twice about it. Munchak showing his loyalty to his people really impressed me, seems to be a stand up dude. I think I heard today at some point that he now has an interview with Penn State regarding the open coaching position. I didn't know until I heard someone mention on the radio that Penn State is actually also his Alma Mater.. I hope he gets the job.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind Munchak coming home to Houston, our O-line needs some tutelage ... badly.

@Deluxe - how do you still have your HSC tag? what sort of conspiracy is going on. Laughing

life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
therealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

He probably should never have been a head coach in the first place. Ive never been a fan of Oline coaches moving up through the ranks to head coach positions. Just doesnt happen enough and recently, they dont seem to have much success. Especially going from OL coach to Head Coach, he just seemed under-qualified.

As for the Titans next head coach, I think they need a good offensive mind. Someone who can work with Jake Locker. They need to determine if he is the long-term starter or not.

He got it because he was buddies with Bud and Bud felt confident with him. So, he became the head coach and made sure to hire from within and his buddies.

That's been the issue with the Titans for so long...

We hardly ever.. hardly ever go outside of the building
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:

What's your opinion of him as an OC?

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: