Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marshawn Lynch fined 50k for not talking to media
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
G Harmon


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 1805
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Marshawn Lynch fined 50k for not talking to media Reply with quote

Really? I guess its something in players contract but thats ridiculous. Some players cant shut up but he stays out the limelight and gets fined?
ESPN just reported thiz

Edited by Moderator:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000309330/article/seahawks-marshawn-lynch-fined-50000-by-nfl

In the future please remember to post a link to your source when starting a new thread in the News Forum. Thank you. - LBC
_________________

G.Harmon MLB #9
...Stop, You're Looking At Brilliance. G.G.T.G
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DABEARSLCF04


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1369
Location: Eatonia, SK, Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not its there job as an ahleat with a profesanal contract to talk to the reporters.

Just the way the game has changed
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 8679
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

makes sense. have to talk to the media. people like to hear what players have to say. is every player decided to do this it would hurt the nfl.
_________________

props to deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3914
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a rule but its a stupid one i haven't heard Lynch speak to even the Seattle media since the day he was traded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 8045
Location: Detroit, MI
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I never understood why players get blasted by fans for answering questions. They are legally obligated to under their contracts. And reporters ask them loaded questions that sometimes result in answers they had no way around.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 8679
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
This is why I never understood why players get blasted by fans for answering questions. They are legally obligated to under their contracts. And reporters ask them loaded questions that sometimes result in answers they had no way around.


they dont have to answer questions with good answers. they get blasted for saying stupid things when they could go BB and basically give an answer that doesnt answer the question.
_________________

props to deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timothy67


Joined: 22 Nov 2011
Posts: 998
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
This is why I never understood why players get blasted by fans for answering questions. They are legally obligated to under their contracts. And reporters ask them loaded questions that sometimes result in answers they had no way around.


they dont have to answer questions with good answers. they get blasted for saying stupid things when they could go BB and basically give an answer that doesnt answer the question.


Which, if they are not beloved like BB, results in meds, especially sports talk, verbally brutalizing you for hours in revenge.
_________________
"I have eaten burritos bigger than you." J.J. Watt to Ray Rice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 8679
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timothy67 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
This is why I never understood why players get blasted by fans for answering questions. They are legally obligated to under their contracts. And reporters ask them loaded questions that sometimes result in answers they had no way around.


they dont have to answer questions with good answers. they get blasted for saying stupid things when they could go BB and basically give an answer that doesnt answer the question.


Which, if they are not beloved like BB, results in meds, especially sports talk, verbally brutalizing you for hours in revenge.


when? when has this happened? ive never seen anyone get attacked for giving striaght forward or simplistic answers that dont give the answer they want.
_________________

props to deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tim199009


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 1262
Location: I post for Bitcoins
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Marshawn Lynch fined 50k for not talking to media Reply with quote

G Harmon wrote:
Really? I guess its something in players contract but thats ridiculous. Some players cant shut up but he stays out the limelight and gets fined?
ESPN just reported thiz


hey guy its spelled "this" not "thiz" Wink
_________________
All Hail Lord Yeezus

Every one feel free to send your Bitcoins here:
16o9K2FJ7qYtGR2mypgFnQ2ee5H3p4vnR7

Rams Rams Rams



Kanye West= the GOAT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Packer70


Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 3131
Location: Vancouver
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can a player show up and just give "no comment" answers to everything?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballProdiG


Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 7943
Location: The Film Room
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a double standard. They want you to show up and talk with them, and then as soon as you say something remotely bad or questionable, they pull it out of context and make a headline on it on NFL.com.


If I was a player, I would answer everything like Peyton Manning. Just smile, and being overly positive about everything. You don't get the scrutiny of "dodging" that Belichek gets, but no one can say your a "bad leader"(what they tried to pin on Cam his first two years), and no one can say you aren't being cooperative. Peyton Manning literally has the blueprint for not getting in these media scandals and saying completely neutral sentences that you can't twist either way.
_________________
Amateur Draft Analyst

Eagles&VOLS Fan

20/20 vision for talent; FF's WR/DB specialist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CallMeBarrett


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 737
Location: Gainesville, Florida
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Marshawn Lynch fined 50k for not talking to media Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
G Harmon wrote:
Really? I guess its something in players contract but thats ridiculous. Some players cant shut up but he stays out the limelight and gets fined?
ESPN just reported thiz


hey guy its spelled "this" not "thiz" Wink


And there are 5 errors in your comment..... Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CallMeBarrett


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 737
Location: Gainesville, Florida
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packer70 wrote:
Can a player show up and just give "no comment" answers to everything?


Dunno if there's anything special in the NFL about it, but there are plenty of NBA players that do this.

It's far more negative than just not showing up, though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Babylon


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 1288
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packer70 wrote:
Can a player show up and just give "no comment" answers to everything?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrOH-KHxXg0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 10363
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
It's a double standard. They want you to show up and talk with them, and then as soon as you say something remotely bad or questionable, they pull it out of context and make a headline on it on NFL.com.


If I was a player, I would answer everything like Peyton Manning. Just smile, and being overly positive about everything. You don't get the scrutiny of "dodging" that Belichek gets, but no one can say your a "bad leader"(what they tried to pin on Cam his first two years), and no one can say you aren't being cooperative. Peyton Manning literally has the blueprint for not getting in these media scandals and saying completely neutral sentences that you can't twist either way.


Exactly. Don't ever be vague, don't ever be negative. Just say short, concise, quick answers that don't really say anything but can't be taken out of context or warped. Media relations 101.
_________________
Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group