Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

THREE-round pre-combine mock. Yet more changes...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjaneer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change Dallas' second pick to Crichton and this draft would be outstanding.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switch Carr to Robinson for MIN at #8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjaneer wrote:
Change Dallas' second pick to Crichton and this draft would be outstanding.

Still a need for a cornerback, though, isn't there?
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Switch Carr to Robinson for MIN at #8

Oh, I don't know about THAT.... -you guys need a QB, and I kind of like Robinson to the Bills. Very Happy
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And all this time later the Jaguars are still passing on the elite defensive prospect to reach for a QB, and then going with a DE in round 2 who really wouldn't fit the defense. Sad
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
And all this time later the Jaguars are still passing on the elite defensive prospect to reach for a QB, and then going with a DE in round 2 who really wouldn't fit the defense. Sad

Quarterback is by FAR the biggest need for the Jags, man. And, who knows? Bortles could very well wind up being the best of this year's batch. Has all the tools. Oh, and Ealy looks like he could do JUST fine as a 4-3 end, especially on the strong side.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the Packers Mosely, Attaochu and Ed Reynolds. I love DaQuan Jones but the most pressing need on the defensive side of the ball is FS.

Sig brought to you by Justo
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:

Quarterback is by FAR the biggest need for the Jags, man. And, who knows? Bortles could very well wind up being the best of this year's batch. Has all the tools. Oh, and Ealy looks like he could do JUST fine as a 4-3 end, especially on the strong side.

1) I am going to quote the GM from an interview he just gave recently "I'd rather get backlash from that than backlash from picking the wrong guy". Bortles is overrated and the GM is not going to force a QB at #3 simply because the guy is a QB. If he wanted to do that he could have forced one at #2 overall last year. Clowney is far and away the best option at the spot.

2) Ealy is a 4-3 LDE but the Jaguars do not have a 'run of the mill' 4-3. Think Seattle's defense with the LEO position and then the 3 other lineman being more of the traditional DT build. Ealy is not good enough to warrant scheming around his ability. There are enough quality 'LEO' prospects that if pass rush was the pick, you could get good value in round 2.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:

1) I am going to quote the GM from an interview he just gave recently "I'd rather get backlash from that than backlash from picking the wrong guy". Bortles is overrated and the GM is not going to force a QB at #3 simply because the guy is a QB. If he wanted to do that he could have forced one at #2 overall last year. Clowney is far and away the best option at the spot.

2) Ealy is a 4-3 LDE but the Jaguars do not have a 'run of the mill' 4-3. Think Seattle's defense with the LEO position and then the 3 other lineman being more of the traditional DT build. Ealy is not good enough to warrant scheming around his ability. There are enough quality 'LEO' prospects that if pass rush was the pick, you could get good value in round 2.

And your starting quarterback is WHO, exactly? Very Happy
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
Give the Packers Mosely, Attaochu and Ed Reynolds. I love DaQuan Jones but the most pressing need on the defensive side of the ball is FS.

I think Jean-Baptiste could very well play safety at his size. Hybrid S/CB.
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:

That doesn't matter. You do not take a QB at #3 overall just for the sake of taking a QB. There QB situation was no better last year and they still did not take a QB high just for the sake of taking a QB. You want to stick with the QB, be my guest. Just realize it is not a very good pick and would almost definitely not happen (unless the GM and head coach buy into the hype surrounding Bortles)
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:

That doesn't matter. You do not take a QB at #3 overall just for the sake of taking a QB. There QB situation was no better last year and they still did not take a QB high just for the sake of taking a QB. You want to stick with the QB, be my guest. Just realize it is not a very good pick and would almost definitely not happen (unless the GM and head coach buy into the hype surrounding Bortles)

No offense, man, but you kind of blow your own argument out of the water, when you state that it "doesn't matter" who your starting QB is. Wink
Besides THAT, if Clowney's good enough to go #3 overall to a team that desperately needs a young, franchise signal-caller, then he's also good enough to go #1 overall to the Texans, right? So, when it's all said and done, he'll either go to Houston, or some team will pay a big price to move up to #2. The Rams are ready to deal. You won't have a realistic shot at Clowney, anyways, in real life.
For the purposes of THIS mock draft, however, a quarterback, whom some think is THE best prospect at his position in this draft, trumps all other needs. You're not guaranteed of ANYTHING at the position in the 2nd round or beyond. Garoppolo, Carr... likely to be gone.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I love Clowney at 5 but not a huge fan I Adams in the 2nd and especially not Mett in the 3rd.

Let's start with round 2. I like Adams but see WR as a luxury pick right now. We need to go G/DT so in this situation probably Gabe Jackson or Timmy Jernigan.

And Mettenberger is a waste of a pick IMO. We need impact players and I'd rather just roll with McGloin next year. Mett is a statue and I don't think he was that good even pre injury. I'd rather get an impact player like Jeremy Hill, Trent Murhpy, or BPA at CB.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Obviously I love Clowney at 5 but not a huge fan I Adams in the 2nd and especially not Mett in the 3rd.

Let's start with round 2. I like Adams but see WR as a luxury pick right now. We need to go G/DT so in this situation probably Gabe Jackson or Timmy Jernigan.

And Mettenberger is a waste of a pick IMO. We need impact players and I'd rather just roll with McGloin next year. Mett is a statue and I don't think he was that good even pre injury. I'd rather get an impact player like Jeremy Hill, Trent Murhpy, or BPA at CB.

I'll work with you for the 2nd-rounder.
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:

No offense, man, but you kind of blow your own argument out of the water, when you state that it "doesn't matter" who your starting QB is. Wink
Besides THAT, if Clowney's good enough to go #3 overall to a team that desperately needs a young, franchise signal-caller, then he's also good enough to go #1 overall to the Texans, right? So, when it's all said and done, he'll either go to Houston, or some team will pay a big price to move up to #2. The Rams are ready to deal. You won't have a realistic shot at Clowney, anyways, in real life.
For the purposes of THIS mock draft, however, a quarterback, whom some think is THE best prospect at his position in this draft, trumps all other needs. You're not guaranteed of ANYTHING at the position in the 2nd round or beyond. Garoppolo, Carr... likely to be gone.
I did not blow my argument out of the water at all. My point is that it is irrelevant who is the starting QB as it stands right now. It could be a blind chicken for all I care. The fact of the matter is that the GM is not going to take a QB he does not 'love' at #3 just because this team has a major need at QB. So you continuing down this road of pointing out this team has no real starting QB on the roster is pretty useless.

Furthermore, if you want to talk real life and think Clowney doesn't make it to #3, then maybe your mock should reflect that. My point is regarding this mock in particular and when the GM said he will not force a QB at the pick, I find it hard he passes on the best prospect in the draft to take a QB for the sake of addressing the need at QB. It just seems that is exactly what he has no intention of doing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: