Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

THREE-round pre-combine mock. Yet more changes...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
And all this time later the Jaguars are still passing on the elite defensive prospect to reach for a QB, and then going with a DE in round 2 who really wouldn't fit the defense. Sad

Quarterback is by FAR the biggest need for the Jags, man. And, who knows? Bortles could very well wind up being the best of this year's batch. Has all the tools. Oh, and Ealy looks like he could do JUST fine as a 4-3 end, especially on the strong side.

1) I am going to quote the GM from an interview he just gave recently "I'd rather get backlash from that than backlash from picking the wrong guy". Bortles is overrated and the GM is not going to force a QB at #3 simply because the guy is a QB. If he wanted to do that he could have forced one at #2 overall last year. Clowney is far and away the best option at the spot.

2) Ealy is a 4-3 LDE but the Jaguars do not have a 'run of the mill' 4-3. Think Seattle's defense with the LEO position and then the 3 other lineman being more of the traditional DT build. Ealy is not good enough to warrant scheming around his ability. There are enough quality 'LEO' prospects that if pass rush was the pick, you could get good value in round 2.

And your starting quarterback is WHO, exactly? Very Happy
That doesn't matter. You do not take a QB at #3 overall just for the sake of taking a QB. There QB situation was no better last year and they still did not take a QB high just for the sake of taking a QB. You want to stick with the QB, be my guest. Just realize it is not a very good pick and would almost definitely not happen (unless the GM and head coach buy into the hype surrounding Bortles)

No offense, man, but you kind of blow your own argument out of the water, when you state that it "doesn't matter" who your starting QB is. Wink
Besides THAT, if Clowney's good enough to go #3 overall to a team that desperately needs a young, franchise signal-caller, then he's also good enough to go #1 overall to the Texans, right? So, when it's all said and done, he'll either go to Houston, or some team will pay a big price to move up to #2. The Rams are ready to deal. You won't have a realistic shot at Clowney, anyways, in real life.
For the purposes of THIS mock draft, however, a quarterback, whom some think is THE best prospect at his position in this draft, trumps all other needs. You're not guaranteed of ANYTHING at the position in the 2nd round or beyond. Garoppolo, Carr... likely to be gone.
I did not blow my argument out of the water at all. My point is that it is irrelevant who is the starting QB as it stands right now. It could be a blind chicken for all I care. The fact of the matter is that the GM is not going to take a QB he does not 'love' at #3 just because this team has a major need at QB. So you continuing down this road of pointing out this team has no real starting QB on the roster is pretty useless.

Furthermore, if you want to talk real life and think Clowney doesn't make it to #3, then maybe your mock should reflect that. My point is regarding this mock in particular and when the GM said he will not force a QB at the pick, I find it hard he passes on the best prospect in the draft to take a QB for the sake of addressing the need at QB. It just seems that is exactly what he has no intention of doing.

I'll end this argument by saying I agree to disagree. Very Happy
Plucky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad for the Cardinals,

1- Personally not a fan of dee ford, 1 trick pony, his film doesn't match his senior bowl. We have a pressing need at S, would rather go with Calvin Pryor

2- Kyle Fuller would pair excellent with PP, he's too good to pass on, we are lacking a #2 corner

3- A TE would be great here CJ Fied would fill a Big need on offense

We will not reach for an OT, besides I think we get one in FA, I know this draft doesn't take into account for that but I think this would be a better Cardinal mock
101Raider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Raiders draft. Clowney and Jernigan would give us an incredible D-line. Easily turns one of our biggest weaknesses into a huge asset.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plucky wrote:
Bad for the Cardinals,

1- Personally not a fan of dee ford, 1 trick pony, his film doesn't match his senior bowl. We have a pressing need at S, would rather go with Calvin Pryor

2- Kyle Fuller would pair excellent with PP, he's too good to pass on, we are lacking a #2 corner

We will not reach for an OT, besides I think we get one in FA, I know this draft doesn't take into account for that but I think this would be a better Cardinal mock

The Cards are a tough team to mock for. I've heard feedback that's almost a polar opposite from what you're saying.
kjmercer17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect Browns draft.... The best I have seen!
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjmercer17 wrote:
Perfect Browns draft.... The best I have seen!

Thanks. Very Happy
kjmercer17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think that there will be a QB in the 4th round that can help us.. LSU QB or if McCarron drops. Maybe a Aaron Murray.
kjmercer17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im thinking two QB's drafted by the Browns. Like what the Redskins did.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjmercer17 wrote:
Im thinking two QB's drafted by the Browns. Like what the Redskins did.

McCarron in the 4th is interesting.
Plucky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
Plucky wrote:
Bad for the Cardinals,

The Cards are a tough team to mock for. I've heard feedback that's almost a polar opposite from what you're saying.

I hear you, the only cardinal fan I saw was mach_one who asked for joyner, pretty much a safety which I addressed in round 1. If round 2 fell like we go BPA and pick fuller, CB is still a need. While we do need an OLB it didn't set up like that in this draft. Again like I said me personally not a fan of ford. As far as OT I perdict we get one in free agency and if anyone told you TE wasn't a need was a lie. Our biggest needs on defensive is S, CB, OLB and offense OT, TE, Speed WR and QB (but this is a luxury pick to me and should only be addressed if a top-tier QB fell, we are in win now mode)

Edit- RB is also not a need, we took 2 last year and we have another 2 still on the roster. Ellington will be our feature back, with Stefan Taylor as our bruiser. If you want a RB it will be later too many other holes, maybe a rb who can return kick ala deanthony thomas
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Perfect Cleveland Browns draft.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: