Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Rd Mock Draft (2/8/14) with explanations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VIKINGS101011

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Ealy's a reach but I'd hope we would take Mack over him
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that big on Martin to the Steelers in the first. I like either Dennard or Gilbert at CB or Benjamin instead.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houston picking an OT #1 is silly...by passing such QB talent available and a once in a decade DE..silly pick..even a trade would be more realistic..and Dallas drafting a S that really cant cover and has very little to offer as a FS..being a Dallas fan u should know they are currently carrying 3 SS and only Matt Johnson as possibly a FS...S Pryor has much better ball skills and would be a much better pick if u must draft a S...and the Balt/Carolina trade is a little over the top with Carolina needing to give up a 2015 1st and 3rd to move up only 11 spots? seems a bit steep..i think a straight 2nd rounder would be acceptable..

Peace
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible for the 49ers, though they do seem to have a liking for Murphy. Can't see him being the first round pick though. Defensive line is the deepest position on the roster, and outside linebacker is probably the second. Needs are strong at wide receiver, cornerback, safety and center. I'd be shocked if they went with Murphy in the first round given their needs and the depth of those positions, no matter how much they like him.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well everyone else hates their picks but i love clowney to the Falcons Very Happy

But if a team who is picking top 5 asks for him which im quite sure is going to happen in this mock thread then Khalil Mack is the next best choice for us to Clowney at 6 over any other player in the mock.
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone was gonna do the Carolina/Baltimore trade id be Dallas with no clear cut studs left Dallas would field that call from Carolina and more than likely id be 2nd round pick going to Dallas not a 2015 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder

Peace
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
5 Oakland Raiders - Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
Finally! Oakland has a legit QB. Now, they can build around him.

*swoons*
nozz0312

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sodakcowboy78 wrote:
Houston picking an OT #1 is silly...by passing such QB talent available and a once in a decade DE..silly pick..even a trade would be more realistic..and Dallas drafting a S that really cant cover and has very little to offer as a FS..being a Dallas fan u should know they are currently carrying 3 SS and only Matt Johnson as possibly a FS...S Pryor has much better ball skills and would be a much better pick if u must draft a S...and the Balt/Carolina trade is a little over the top with Carolina needing to give up a 2015 1st and 3rd to move up only 11 spots? seems a bit steep..i think a straight 2nd rounder would be acceptable..

Peace

Just because you have the first pick, doesnt mean you go QB if you need one. How many QBs are going to come in and help in a SB right away. It's rare. And with the way the Seahawks have proved it. You dont have to go high on a QB to win. I think drafting a QB just because you are the #1 pick is cliche and only pleasing the fans. But if you want to build for the future, why not start with the offensive line. Don't forget Houston has a stud RB coming back from injury.

And Haha Clinton-Dix is an upgrade for Dallas. That's not a bad pick
zappa13004

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect for the Raiders, then give us Jernigan or C.Richardson in the 2nd.
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way the Panthers pull off a trade like that to go up and grab a guy that's fringe first round to begin with. Just ain't happening.

I'd rather stay put and take Allen Robinson, who I'm much higher on than Benjamin.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to be rude but that is the worst possible Texans scenario.

No chance we draft Jake Matthews and then trade back in to get Carr when he (or Mettenberger) would be there in the second round. I could see us selecting Clowney but he is the only QB that could go #1.
nozz0312

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playboi24 wrote:
Not trying to be rude but that is the worst possible Texans scenario.

No chance we draft Jake Matthews and then trade back in to get Carr when he (or Mettenberger) would be there in the second round. I could see us selecting Clowney but he is the only QB that could go #1.

I understand no one will like everyone's mock drafts. But there is nothing wrong with drafting the best offensive tackle in the draft. And then taking someone like Derek Carr later in the first. You have to remember that Denver could easily draft Carr with that pick. So not necessarily he would be there in 2nd round. And he being the 4th best QB in draft
Cypher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
No way the Panthers pull off a trade like that to go up and grab a guy that's fringe first round to begin with. Just ain't happening.

I'd rather stay put and take Allen Robinson, who I'm much higher on than Benjamin.

Or Eric Ebron, who you have falling to 32. No way Carolina sells the farm like that.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will rage vomit if we take Barr in the 1st, he is Aaron Mayin 2.0, only has a speed rush.

That being said, give me Sammy Watkins.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watkins and Mack are better than Ealy, so while Ealy might not be a reach, he isn't BPA, and Mack at OLB is definitely a position of need, and Watkins is top 5 player along with Mack for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: