Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Mock #8: 4 Rounds w/ 1st round trades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Mack pick and the Trade Back in pick but hate the Seantrel Henerson Pick rather have Donte Moncrief WR

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Make it Gabe Jackson in the 3rd and that is an A+ draft for the Bills.

+1 here if we walk away with

Greg Robinson
Jace Aamaro
Gabe Jackson
Shayne Skov

were balling

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA no on that trade to the jags. Sure you can have the 3rd but were not getting fleeced Very Happy Im a Jags fan as well so my 2nd favorite team loaded up but keeping it realistic thats not gonna happen from any team to move up 3 spots hopefully no GM is that dumb and i don't see Dimitroff being that dumb.

At best probably #6 + 3rd this year + 5th next year for #3.

Last year to move up 8 spots we only gave up 3rd + 6th.

I factored in it being higher in the draft so 3 spots might be closer in value to 8.

I'll even go further as to say why would a team needing as many needs and starters as the Falcons move up giving up that much for 1 player. Thats like the Jags giving up 1st 2nd and 3rd to move up to 1 for clowney.

Jags can't afford it with that many needs and neither can we. 1 early 3rd pick from either team to move up spots for clowney is fine it won't hurt us that bad. but our whole 1st 2 days neither team can handle that.

Then you do it again to detroit taking 2 of their picks away just to benefit your team. Very Biased mock draft.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
HAHAHA no on that trade to the jags. Sure you can have the 3rd but were not getting fleeced Very Happy Im a Jags fan as well so my 2nd favorite team loaded up but keeping it realistic thats not gonna happen from any team to move up 3 spots hopefully no GM is that dumb and i don't see Dimitroff being that dumb.

I factored in it being higher in the draft so 3 spots might be closer in value to 8.

I'll even go further as to say why would a team needing as many needs and starters as the Falcons move up giving up that much for 1 player. Thats like the Jags giving up 1st 2nd and 3rd to move up to 1 for clowney.

Jags can't afford it with that many needs and neither can we. 1 early 3rd pick from either team to move up spots for clowney is fine it won't hurt us that bad. but our whole 1st 2 days neither team can handle that.

Then you do it again to detroit taking 2 of their picks away just to benefit your team. Very Biased mock draft.

while i agree a 2nd and 3rd is too much the 8 spots you moved up still doesnt equal moving to #3. A 3rd and 6th this year is the same as a 3rd and 5th next year

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

while i agree a 2nd and 3rd is too much the 8 spots you moved up still doesnt equal moving to #3. A 3rd and 6th this year is the same as a 3rd and 5th next year

I agree to a certain extent although 3 picks to 8 picks is a pretty big jump.
But i can see where your coming from since it's higher prized players.

But i will also say if he wants to use last years trades which should be similar as a base then

No. 3: Oakland → Miami (D). Oakland traded this selection to Miami in exchange for Miami's 2013 first-round selection (12th) and second-round selection (42nd).

So us having to give up an extra 3rd to move up 6 less spots literally makes no sense and thats not based on a value chart thats from last years draft going to similar position.

For 6 less spots we shouldn't even have to add the 2nd at all.

That should be a 1st and 3rd straight across with us also giving a late round pick this year or next as a booster.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
I will never like any mock that has the eagles trading up. I consider the whole idea of trading up stupid.
What is stupid about the idea that a team might find a player they really like or need to the point that they are willing to part with some assets they possess to acquire that player?
In this scenario I would rather stay put for Ealy at #22, take Bucannon in the 2nd, and keep the 4th round pick.

Ealy and Bucannon are just as good as Pryor and Attachou, IMO.

I also do not like that WR in the 3rd. Make it Abbrederis from Wisconsin instead.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
I will never like any mock that has the eagles trading up. I consider the whole idea of trading up stupid.
What is stupid about the idea that a team might find a player they really like or need to the point that they are willing to part with some assets they possess to acquire that player?

There is no statistical evidence that one player will be more successful as the next player taken at his position. So trading up is worthless. Just a waste of picks.
Danish49ers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Mock #8: 4 Rounds w/ 1st round trades Reply with quote

6. SF(v/TB): Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
24. SF: Travis Swanson C Arkansas
29. SF: Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Nebraska
13. SF: Craig Loston SS LSU
30. SF: Anthony Steen G Alabama
4. SF(v/TB): EJ Gaines CB Missouri

would be my selections in your scenario
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:

A few points to make right here.

1)the 8 spots ATL moved up last year are not equal to the 3 spots moved up this year. Hell, a 4 spot jump in 2012 cost the Redskins 2 first rounders and a 2nd. Maybe this trade should just cost two additional first rounders?! Obviously that trade was insane in 2012 and was a total fleecing, but the closer you are to the top, the more valuable each spot is. Believe it or not, I just looked it up and the magical trade chart people love actually calls this trade fairly even. The Jagaurs come out on top somewhat but switching the 5th rounder to a 4th basically makes the trade perfectly even.

2)The Lions move up would have happened whether the Jaguars had the pick or Atlanta retained it. The Bucs are next and could covet a WR for the offense. It just so happened the Jaguars got lucky to be in the right spot at the right time.

3) I take REAL offense to having this draft called biased. To be honest, I was pretty pissed off at how a bunch of these picks turned out. If I wanted to be biased I could have had Cleveland trading their 2 first rounders to move up the one spot to guarantee they got their QB, and then with the 3 picks the Jaguars had in the top 39 grabbed Teddy Su'a-Filo and Dee Ford. Instead, they get Barr who I am really not that high on, Yankey who I think is better suited for a man blocking scheme, no C, and a QB who I really like but is 4th on my list of preferred QBs the Jaguars draft this year.
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like this one except 3rd round for the giants
we arent in need of a DT, id like to see maybe a RB, TE, or maybe a DE in the 3rd, like 1st 2nd and 4th round pick though very good job
Most people assume we go Oline this year even though we went tackle first round last year, i wanna see a playmaker like mosley on D
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

1)the 8 spots ATL moved up last year are not equal to the 3 spots moved up this year. Hell, a 4 spot jump in 2012 cost the Redskins 2 first rounders and a 2nd. Maybe this trade should just cost two additional first rounders?! Obviously that trade was insane in 2012 and was a total fleecing, but the closer you are to the top, the more valuable each spot is. Believe it or not, I just looked it up and the magical trade chart people love actually calls this trade fairly even. The Jagaurs come out on top somewhat but switching the 5th rounder to a 4th basically makes the trade perfectly even.

2)The Lions move up would have happened whether the Jaguars had the pick or Atlanta retained it. The Bucs are next and could covet a WR for the offense. It just so happened the Jaguars got lucky to be in the right spot at the right time.

3) I take REAL offense to having this draft called biased. To be honest, I was pretty pissed off at how a bunch of these picks turned out. If I wanted to be biased I could have had Cleveland trading their 2 first rounders to move up the one spot to guarantee they got their QB, and then with the 3 picks the Jaguars had in the top 39 grabbed Teddy Su'a-Filo and Dee Ford. Instead, they get Barr who I am really not that high on, Yankey who I think is better suited for a man blocking scheme, no C, and a QB who I really like but is 4th on my list of preferred QBs the Jaguars draft this year.

As you said the trade chart is outdated to a certain extent which i agree with. If you want to look at a more realistic trade to compare this one to it would be the one from just last year where miami traded #12 + 2nd for #3. So why would we give up more than miami did to move up 6 less spots. If ya want our 2nd that bad like they gut sure take it. A trade like this wouldn't be that bad.

#3 + 4th for #6 + 2nd Similar trade to last year but those 6 spots different in value from last years trade gets us a 4th back. We gain 3 spots yall gain 2 full rounds thats a pretty quality trade overall.
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

As you said the trade chart is outdated to a certain extent which i agree with. If you want to look at a more realistic trade to compare this one to it would be the one from just last year where miami traded #12 + 2nd for #3. So why would we give up more than miami did to move up 6 less spots. If ya want our 2nd that bad like they gut sure take it. A trade like this wouldn't be that bad.

#3 + 4th for #6 + 2nd Similar trade to last year but those 6 spots different in value from last years trade gets us a 4th back. We gain 3 spots yall gain 2 full rounds thats a pretty quality trade overall.
Fair point and to be honest, I think it boils down to the caliber of the player being traded up for. Clowney is a prospect on a different level than Dion Jordan. He is essentially an Andrew Lcuk type prospect but playing a position that is less impactful than QB. So, I think that the compensation for him will be significantly greater than it was for Dion Jordan. The dropoff in talent from 3 to 6 this year, in my opinion at least, is far greater than 3 and 12 last year, and that fact will also play into the cost of moving up to get him. At the end of the day, it just so happens my opinion meshed with what the trade chart said. That fact alone has me worried and convinced that perhaps I would really need to reconsider the compensation moving forward, because I really hate the trade chart in its current incarnation.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice draft for the Steelers.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
i really like this one except 3rd round for the giants
we arent in need of a DT, id like to see maybe a RB, TE, or maybe a DE in the 3rd, like 1st 2nd and 4th round pick though very good job
Most people assume we go Oline this year even though we went tackle first round last year, i wanna see a playmaker like mosley on D
Who is playing DT these days? Jospeh, Patterson, and Rogers are all free agents. Cullen Jenkins is 33 years old and on the downward part of his career. Johnathan Hankins is a good young player I think can become a quality starter. That is just about it - 2 starters, one of whom will need to be replaced in the not so distant future. The Giants really could stand to get better depth DT, and the value was there at the spot.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will disagree a bit on the talent level dropoff. I think the talent level in the top 8 this year is pretty close and good. Clowney where as he is a very talented player does not come without some baggage for sure. To me i would be just as happy with Khalil Mack for the Falcons as i would be with clowney. If both were sitting there to us at 6 and Dimitroff went Mack over Clowney it wouldn't phase me one bit i think Mack is a stud.

Then you have The top 2 or 3 Qb's who are pretty talented in general as top 5 guys.

Then you got the 2 o-lineman in Matthews who is considered similair talent as Clowney for the opposite side of the trenches and imo the biggest guy with upside in the draft Robinson who could be a straight up monster in the nfl. Add in the top WR in Watkins who people think is a top 5 as well and i think the top part of this draft is stronger than last years overall.

At 6 we can pretty much guarantee one of Clowney, Mack, Matthews, or Robinson will fall to us and if they are all gone then we get one of the top Qb's fall to us and thats a dang good trade down piece for us for a QB needy team.

But as said were on common ground on the trade chart i think someone needs to reupdate that bad boy a little bit.

Anywho good discussions on this topic with you i'll leave ya mock alone now unless ya want to discuss more things XD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: