Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Mock #8: 4 Rounds w/ 1st round trades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok bengals draft

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Harbinger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every pick is fine for Gmen minus Mosley.

JagsFanInNY wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
i really like this one except 3rd round for the giants
we arent in need of a DT, id like to see maybe a RB, TE, or maybe a DE in the 3rd, like 1st 2nd and 4th round pick though very good job
Most people assume we go Oline this year even though we went tackle first round last year, i wanna see a playmaker like mosley on D
Who is playing DT these days? Jospeh, Patterson, and Rogers are all free agents. Cullen Jenkins is 33 years old and on the downward part of his career. Johnathan Hankins is a good young player I think can become a quality starter. That is just about it - 2 starters, one of whom will need to be replaced in the not so distant future. The Giants really could stand to get better depth DT, and the value was there at the spot.

Thumbs up.
bruschidawg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Pats trade out of the 1st and don't gain any additional picks? They just swap spots in the 4th? Belichick's been doing the trade game out of the 1st for years and I don't think he's forgotten the value chart and this is NOT worth it at all....especially if Ebron, a mid first round talent, is still there.

Thanks to Tzimisce

bannanasrUSC wrote:
I guess I am a massive troll homer. Smile
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Chargers are a team where the GM has expressly stated that his draft approach is to take the best player available at positions of need... and you ignore what he himself has acknowledged as a "big need" (his words, not mine) - pass-rusher. And you don't find that remotely ridiculous?

You do realize that if a team fails to produce an adequate pass-rush it doesn't matter how good their secondary is they'll still get passed on effectively all day, right?

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be very happy with this draft
im guessing we get a future pick along with that four for the trade back too

new sig... sorry alex
JHG722

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Eagles draft. Hate trading up. Would rather move down than up.
SJax39

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with the trade, but I would much rather go Watkins, Lewan, and Joyner in the 2nd.

[b]CLOWNEY WILL NOT MAKE IT PAST #2
ctpatsfan77

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: 2014 Mock #8: 4 Rounds w/ 1st round trades Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
29. **STL: Kelvin Benjamin WR Florida State -- St. Louis did not get a true #1 WR with their 2 first round picks, so they move back into the round , right in front of their division rivals, who also need a WR, and get their guy. The Patriots get the 2nd round pick St. Louis got from the Browns. Additionally, the Rams swap 4th round picks with the Patriots.

3. NE(v/STL v/CLE): RaShede Hageman DT Minnesota
30. NE: Weston Richburg C Colorado State
29. NE: CJ Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
10. NE(v/STL): Mike Davis WR Texas
30. STL(v/NE): Caraun Reid DT Princeton

I like the first three picks. With the last one, I'd rather have a pass rusher or coverage LB or even another TE. I also think it would cost STL that fourth-round pick outright to make that trade.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruschidawg wrote:
So the Pats trade out of the 1st and don't gain any additional picks? They just swap spots in the 4th? Belichick's been doing the trade game out of the 1st for years and I don't think he's forgotten the value chart and this is NOT worth it at all....especially if Ebron, a mid first round talent, is still there.

Yes, he traded down 20ish picks for a 3, a 4, and a 7 last year, but the Pats wanted to trade down and get more picks. It wouldn't be the same if the Pats aren't desperate to trade down (which I don't think they are this year).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctpatsfan77 wrote:
bruschidawg wrote:

Yes, he traded down 20ish picks for a 3, a 4, and a 7 last year, but the Pats wanted to trade down and get more picks. It wouldn't be the same if the Pats aren't desperate to trade down (which I don't think they are this year).
..and in 2012 he traded 25 for 31 and a 4th round pick.

Here, the drop is 6 spots from 29 to 35. The compensation should be somewhat comparable, and for some unknown reason, when I looked at previous trades, I misread the 2012 trade as a swapping of 4th round picks. I would just change that and NE would keep their 4th round pick. But, I am not sure Bellichick is getting more than that unless some other team is real stupid.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall wouldn't hate it at all for NYG.
In the second, I could see a C instead of G. Richburg and Swanson would be nice, but so is Richardson. Wouldn't mind any of the three.
In the third, as much as I love Easley... I think we'd have to go Gabe Jackson. Just too much value to pass on.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Browns draft.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a nice raiders draft though I think seastrunk, hyde, and hill fit the power running scheme better than sankey. If you fixed that, this would be a nice draft.
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
This is a nice raiders draft though I think seastrunk, hyde, and hill fit the power running scheme better than sankey. If you fixed that, this would be a nice draft.
Fair point although as I point out above I assume lot of FA activity for Oakland, and one specific move is bringing back Rashad Jennings. From what I know about him from his time in Jacksonville, I wanted to pair him with a RB who brings a different skillset, and I thought Sankey fit that role and was the best RB available on my board at the time.
STLRamsFann

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the picks we got from trading down to 4 overall seems like a good trade to me. No problems until you move up to take Benjamin. He just seems too boom or bust for us. We need someone who is gonna produce right away and be a reliable guy. Benjamin has drop problems. Id rather not make that trade and take Jordan Matthews. Also, telvin smith in the second seems a couple rounds too high to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: