Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Two Rounds, Explanations
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mockable

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Two Rounds, Explanations Reply with quote

Two-round draft, no trades this time. Built off an earlier one-round draft, but some picks have changed in part due to feedback: http://footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=542056.

Question: How many players listed here in the Top 10 do you think are guaranteed to go in the first 10 selections on draft day? Iím going to say just four ó the Top 3 and one other QB.

First Round

1. Houston Texans: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina. A likely scenario if none of the QBs grade out. Plus the Texans can still get their franchise QB in this draft.

2. St. Louis Rams: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson. Offensive tackle can wait.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville. If Clowney is off the board this pick comes down to the best available QB.

4. Cleveland Browns: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M. At worst he will make the Browns must-see TV.

5. Oakland Raiders: Blake Bortles, QB, UCF. With Clowney, Manziel and Watkins gone, this should be an easy selection.

6. Atlanta: Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo. Offensive tackle still an option here given the board.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn. Bucs can have their choice of tackles.

8. Minnesota Vikings: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA. Too early for Carr.

9. Buffalo Bills: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M. Bills canít pass on the value here.

10. Detroit Lion: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M. They better start growing corners bigger to play Detroit.

11. Tennessee Titans: Ra'Shede Hageman, DE, Minnesota. Will undoubtedly wow with measurables.

12. New York Giants: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State. Offensive line a bigger issue, but the value here is too much to pass up.

13. St. Louis Rams: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan. Rams are proven smart to hold off on an OT.

14. Chicago Bears: Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama. A defensive tackle can be had in the second round.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers: C.J. Mosley, OLB, Alabama. Tremendous value here that fills a need, albeit not the primary one.

16. Baltimore Ravens: Marqise Lee, WR, USC. If he regains his 2012 pre-injury form this could be the steal of the draft.

17. Dallas Cowboys: Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame. A run stuffer is a must. Chance they could go safety here.

18. New York Jets: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina. Jets need offensive playmakers Ė lots of them Ė and start with the top-rated tight end.

19. Miami Dolphins: Zack Martin, OT/OG, Notre Dame. This has to be O-line, right?

20. Arizona Cardinals: Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama. See above.

21. Green Bay Packers: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh. How high can Donald shoot up draft boards by May?

22. Philadelphia Eagles: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville. Safety is a priority over a pass rusher.

23. Kansas City Chiefs: Allen Robinson, WR. Penn State. Bet heavily on a receiver here.

24. Cincinnati Bengals: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State. Gilbert may be gone by this pick. Regardless, the best available CB goes here.

25. San Diego Chargers: Dee Ford, OLB/DE, Auburn. Could be a perfect fit for San Diego.

26. Cleveland Browns: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State. After grabbing a QB, the pick here should be a WR or OG.

27. New Orleans Saints: Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri. Pure value at the end of the first round.

28. Carolina Panthers: Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU. Steve Smithís time is running out.

29. New England Patriots: Stephon Tuitt, DT, Notre Dame. The board swayed me to move off of Jace Amaro here.

30. San Francisco 49ers: Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt. Will he be a first-round value after the combine, or will another receiver bolt past him?

31. Denver Broncos: Jason Verrett, CB, TCU. Secondary is almost certainly the direction they will go.

32. Seattle Seahawks: Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State. Seahawks are loaded, but could use depth at DT, OG and WR.

Second Round

33. Houston Texans: Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State. Texans get their QB at the top of the second instead of the first pick overall.

34. Washington Redskins: Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU. Would replace a (potentially) departing Orakpo.

35. Cleveland Browns: David Yankey, OG, Stanford. In terms of needs, the Browns are 3-for-3.

36. Oakland Raiders: Kyle Fuller CB, Virginia Tech. Also has value as a returner.

37. Atlanta Falcons Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech. You donít replace a legend. But you can take over his spot.

38. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State. Tampa needs to connect in the draft with a DE pass rusher.

39. Jacksonville Jaguars: Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State. Shazier could end up a first-rounder by the time the pre-draft process is over.

40. Minnesota Vikings: Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois. This may scream reach, but watch the tape. Small school or not, he has the goods.

41. Buffalo Bills: Trent Murphy, DE/OLB, Stanford. Murphyís versatility will serve him well for years.

42. Tennessee Titans: Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee. Titans neednít go far to find their tackle.

43. New York Giants: Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG, UCLA. Giants have to address offensive line early in the draft.

44. St. Louis Rams: Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State. In this scenario Rams get a potential first-round corner well into the second.

45. Detroit Lions: Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida. If the Lions donít go corner in the first they almost assuredly will in the second.

46. Pittsburgh Steelers: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington. Great value, and a logical complement/replacement for Heath Miller. The rest of their TEs are JAGs.

47. Dallas Cowboys: Jeremiah Attaochu, DE/OLB, Georgia Tech. Dallas continues to address its defensive woes.

48. Baltimore Ravens: Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU. A move-the-chains guy who will be a great addition.

49. New York Jets: Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State. Cooks is small but explosive. Will he last this long?

50. Miami Dolphins: Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State. Miami needs to bolster its running game in the worst way.

51. Chicago Bears: Ego Ferguson, DT, LSU. Bears get their defensive tackle in the second.

52. Arizona Cardinals: Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame. Cards grab the last of the upper-tier tight ends.

53. Green Bay Packers: Dion Bailey, S, USC. Bailey would step right into the starting lineup.

54. Philadelphia Eagles: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor. Eagles need to address one of the guard spots.

55. Cincinnati Bengals: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas. In a weak center class Swanson could rate out the best.

56. San Francisco 49ers: Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida. Niners will take at least one corner in the three picks they have in first two rounds.

57. San Diego Chargers: Lamarcus Joyner, CB, Florida State. Chargers must take a corner in the first two rounds.

58. New Orleans Saints: Keith McGill, CB, Utah. A mini-run on CBs continues.

59. Indianapolis Colts: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford. Colts still need to address run defense, which was better but still not good in 2013.

60. Carolina Panthers: Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia. Moses has been steadily rising up draft boards. Will he last this long? Fall back? Stay here? Donít ask me; if you havenít figured it out by reading this far, I have no clue about how any of this will turn out.

61. New England Patriots: Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State. If the Pats pass on a WR/TE in the first, they wonít in the second.

62. San Francisco 49ers: Tyler Larsen, C, Utah State. One of the few immediate needs on offense is met.

63. Denver Broncos: Ed Reynolds, S, Stanford. Denver continues to rebuild secondary.

64. Seattle Seahawks: Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado. Slight, but a great pick at this point.
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a bad 2 rounds by the giants, if we dont get mosley im hoping for either dennard/gilbert and 2nd round id like to see them draft richardson from baylor or yankey if he falls but Su'a-Filo isnt too bad
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather Have ASJ or Cooks than Crithon But love the 1st

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 13 Catches 134 Yards 2 TDs
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCELLENT Steelers draft. Nice work.

Id probably take Ebron over Mosley, but no complaints.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only issue with the Jaguars is they could get a much better player in round 2 that fills a huge need, and his name is Xavier Su'a-Filo. I am not opposed to Shazier but given the needs of this team and the players in the draft, I just don't see him making sense for the Jaguars.

Last edited by JagsFanInNY on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not crazy about Shazier, but i love getting Teddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man i hate this scenario. The top 4 guys of my board gone by 7. There is a good chance it happens too.

In order Clowney, Teddy, Watkins, Mack. If those are gone, trade out. Then either go with Ebron, or as crazy as this sounds, Dee Ford. I think he's the next Mathis.

Critchon doesnt scream second rounder to me either. Would rather go WR like Cooks there

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st round pick is great for the Falcons in Mack.

Also RG is a choice there in the 1st with Robinson not Ot Razz

2nd round pick isn't that great as TE isn't that big of a need for us right now. It is a need but no where near the need RG or DT is.

Maybe the 4th to 6th round for TE?

In the 2nd go with these guys Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG or Cyril Richardson, OG
Mockable

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:

2nd round pick isn't that great as TE isn't that big of a need for us right now. It is a need but no where near the need RG or DT is.

Usually you wait on an OG, but there is a huge need and a bunch of guys who rate in the second. The question is always relative value: Do you take one of the top-rated at a position over another player who fills a greater need but plays a position that has a deeper talent pool?
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it for the bengals... make it happen in May
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mockable wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

Usually you wait on an OG, but there is a huge need and a bunch of guys who rate in the second. The question is always relative value: Do you take one of the top-rated at a position over another player who fills a greater need but plays a position that has a deeper talent pool?

Actually i agree with you somewhat on the RG in the 2nd round and thats why i say Clowney and Mack over Robinson because RG is so loaded in round 2.

Also if you knew the Falcons like we do then you would understand when i say the Falcons draft based on need not BPA. Some of our fans hate it some like it. But it is who Dimitroff is and how he rolls. Thier has been plenty of debate on this exact subject on need vs bpa at a random position. Sadly we haven't once went BPA at a random position it has always been bpa at biggest need.

These are usually 5 things you can pretty count on when TD picks.

1. It will be a big position of need.
2. He will be almost squeaky clean as far as character issues. He goes by a falcon filter as they call it.
3. It will be the majority of the time a team captain.
4. It will usually be a senior but not always majority of our picks have been though.
5. It will be a player who fits the scheme we run over just a more talented player.

If you can narrow down those things you can get a pretty good idea of what and who we will pick. I can bring alot of other Falcon fans in here that will preach the same exact thing i said and as said some hate it some love it.

I personally wouldn't mind going with a guy who is more talented and might have some character issues or off field flaws a little bit for once.
Mockable

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Mockable wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

Actually i agree with you somewhat on the RG in the 2nd round and thats why i say Clowney and Mack over Robinson because RG is so loaded in round 2.

Also if you knew the Falcons like we do then you would understand when i say the Falcons draft based on need not BPA. Some of our fans hate it some like it. But it is who Dimitroff is and how he rolls. Thier has been plenty of debate on this exact subject on need vs bpa at a random position. Sadly we haven't once went BPA at a random position it has always been bpa at biggest need.

These are usually 5 things you can pretty count on when TD picks.

1. It will be a big position of need.
2. He will be almost squeaky clean as far as character issues. He goes by a falcon filter as they call it.
3. It will be the majority of the time a team captain.
4. It will usually be a senior but not always majority of our picks have been though.
5. It will be a player who fits the scheme we run over just a more talented player.

If you can narrow down those things you can get a pretty good idea of what and who we will pick. I can bring alot of other Falcon fans in here that will preach the same exact thing i said and as said some hate it some love it.

I personally wouldn't mind going with a guy who is more talented and might have some character issues or off field flaws a little bit for once.
That is an excellent take to keep in mind. Thx.
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible Dallas picks...if ur gonna force the picks to be on the defensive side at the very least pick guys that fit their system...u even say Nix is a run stuffer...does Dallas really need a big fat NT with no pass rush skills when DT Aaron Donald is sitting there...the best D Lineman in the draft and a perfect fit for the Dallas D line...and a tweener in the second round?...please research the players and the teams needs before u just throw names around because that all this mock is

Peace
KingBishop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take it for Denver

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great 1st round pick but I'd go with Attaochu in the 2nd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: