Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre Combine 2014 Mock 5 Rounds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good Panthers draft, would probably shy away from Benjamin in the first. Give us Yankey or Moses there.

In the 2nd give us, Allen Robinson.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh Bengals draft. Not a huge fan of any of the picks except Robertson

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
PatriotBeast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the 1st and second rd picks for the pats...
In the third, I would prefer Tuitt because of the value
With Jones and Ninkobich each playing over 1000 snaps, we need some body to give them a breather
4th is ok

EDIT- Reasoning in 1st is off.. Joe Vellano was literally just a fat sack of crap and we probally would have had a better run defence if we put Edelman there instead of him:)

Last edited by PatriotBeast on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaryTsraining3s wrote:
Maybe I just missed his name the few times I read it over, but do you not believe Deone Bucannon will be in the top 5 rounds? If this is the case, I am a bit concerned, even though I do respect the amount of work you have put into this.

Bucannon has piled up stats but he's a terrible tackler in short spaces. He looked especially stiff and slow at senior week practices as well, backing that up. If he doesn't test well at the combine, added to his issues tackling, I think he'll slide.

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Well, looking at that Vikings draft, it would be about the most disappointing option out there.

The Vikings would likely have no trouble finding a trade partner in round one with Matthews sitting there, and the Vikings have a good TE in Kyle Rudolph. Watkins seems much more likely if they stay there, but with Matthews a trade down is even more likely than that.

Garrapolo seems kind of lousy in round two as well. Bitonio seems a bit better, or Nix or Ealy (primarily Ealy) or Kyle FUller

Round three Jackson is great.

Why Sutton? Pierre Desir would be much better, but Sutton is a duplicate of Floyd the previous year. Montcrief or Purifoy would also be much better as well.

Marcus Smith is good.

Sam isn't bad, but not sure about him with the Zimmer defense. ILB and OLB is more likely.

Overall it is so weak at the top for the Vikings there is no way that it will turn out well.

Ravens trading up for Matthews and Vikings moving down and taking Mosley is an interesting scenario.

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first three picks for the Steelers. Nix and his knee problems would be worth a second round pick. Evans is the guy I want in the first and getting a corner with the comp pick in the third is nice. I wouldn't double dip on CB in the fourth though. With Hurst sitting there he would be my pick instead. The only pick I don't like is Thomas. To me, even though it's a fifth round pick, that would be a wasted selection. I like getting a RB in the fifth even though I might have gone with Thomas. Overall a good job especially with the first three rounds.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
Quote:
3. Jacksonville Jaguars – *Blake Bortles |QB| Central Florida:
GM Caldwell will come out of this draft with what he hopes is the next franchise QB for Jacksonville, and unless he’s got someone else in mind, it’s a good bet local Big Ben look a like, and fairly safe QB prospect, Bortles, is the guy. Actually, I think he's more like a cross between Roethlisberger and Drew Stanton.
NFL Comp: Drew Stanton
When you compare a guy to Drew Stanton and then have him going #3 overall, you have encountered your first big problem. Now, I am not saying Bortles is not deserving of going higher than Stanton, but you might want to reconsider that comparision. Furthermore, the GM has come out and stated he will not force a QB at any pick, and with Clowney still available, picking Bortles is THE definition of 'forcing a QB'.

Quote:
7. Jacksonville Jaguars – *Jace Amaro |TE/WR| Texas Tech:
Amaro isn’t quite as good as reputed, imo, but he is a match up problem.
NFL Comp: Evan Moore
Now I am sick, and it is not even because Amaro is a bad player. It is just that TE is just so far down on the list of needs, and there are more pressing needs that could be filled with players just as good at their position as Amaro is at TE. Xavier Su'a-Filo for instance would fill a MAJOR need, and IDK how you feel about him, but I would argue he should be a better lineman than Amaro a TE.

Quote:
6. Jacksonville Jaguars – *Tre Mason |RB| Auburn:
Propped up by a dominant run first Auburn offense, but still, not a guy to bet against.
NFL Comp: Tashard Choice
Not a terrible pick if MJD is in fact gone.
Quote:

5. Jacksonville Jaguars - Anthony Steen |OG| Alabama:
Zero flash but reliable. Desperately needed on the Jags line.
NFL Comp: Joe Andruzzi
Not terrible, although seeing as I would anticipate Su'a-Filo in round 2, this pick should address another position.

Quote:
14. Jacksonville Jaguars (BAL) - Dontae Johnson |CB| NC State:
Really liking Johnson after seeing him senior week. Checked back a little on him and, so far, still impressed.
NFL Comp: Dominique Rodgers Cromartie

Never really thought about him as a CB, although he might fit the mold of big/physical/lengthy guy who can excel in a press man scheme.

Quote:
4. Jacksonville Jaguars – DaQuan Jones |NT| Penn State:
A steal if he falls to the third day. Inconsistency and just average physical tools might have him dropping.
NFL Comp: Ryan Pickett
This would be a steal, seeing as he could go early 3rd round. I would ove this pick if it somehow managed to happen.

Quote:
10. Jacksonville Jaguars (DET) - Cassius Marsh |DE| UCLA:
One of my sleepers. I like his game and he could end up a better pro than college player.
NFL Comp. Michael Bennett

Eh, pretty indifferent to this one. I would probably overlook the age to take the talent of Trevor Reilly, who I think would also be a remarkable steal in round 5.
Quote:

19. Jacksonville Jaguars (BAL) – T.J. Jones |WR| Notre Dame:
NFL Comp. Jeremy Kerley

To be honest, I know nothing about Jones, but if he is a Kerley type, I hate it. That is not at all the kind of WR this team is in need of.

You can't have it both ways. You question the Bortles pick as forcing a need than shoot down the Amaro pick saying they have to go need there. Wink
Jones is similar to Kerley but a bit taller.

BrownLeader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre Combine 2014 Mock 5 Rounds Reply with quote

Danish49ers wrote:
BrownLeader wrote:
30. San Francisco 49ers – Jason Verrett |CB| TCU
23. San Francisco 49ers (KC)- *Paul Richardson |WR| Colorado
30. San Francisco 49ers – Brent Urban |DE| Virginia
13. San Francisco 49ers (Tenn) – *Dion Bailey |S| USC
30. San Francisco 49ers – Billy Turner |OT| North Dakota St.
29. San Francisco 49ers - *Martavis Bryant |WR| Clemson
*33. San Francisco 49ers - Jon Halapio |OG| Florida
30. San Francisco 49ers – Garrett Gilbert |QB| SMU
Not a big fan.

My take:
30. San Francisco 49ers – Calvin Pryor |S| Louisville
23. San Francisco 49ers (KC)- Kyle Fuller |CB| Virginia Tech
30. San Francisco 49ers – Allen Robinson |WR| Penn St
13. San Francisco 49ers (Tenn) – Travis Swanson |OC| Arkansas
30. San Francisco 49ers – Stephon Tuitt |DE| Notre Dame
29. San Francisco 49ers - *Martavis Bryant |WR| Clemson
*33. San Francisco 49ers - Zach Mettenberger |QB| LSU
30. San Francisco 49ers – Trevor Reilly |OLB| Utah

Back to back 1st round safeties strikes me as pretty rare.

Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of the first 2 picks, or trading back for a 3rd rounder next year.

Rounds 3 and on are ok.
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Anyone that puts this much effort in deserves a WELL DONE SIR.

As far as ATL... some will say Mack over Barr, personally, I like your selection of Barr more. You had us taking 2 oline and 2 dt after that... perfect.

Im with spicy in that this is a perfect draft layout for us going 4 total trench guys on both sides of the ball. Coleman as our comp pick is a solid pick as well.

The difference i have is on the Barr Mack situation. Om on the other fence of it as Mack actually fits out scheme better than Barr does where as Barr fits Tampas defense better according to a few tampa fans on here.

Barr can't drop in coverage well at all and is so so at best in run defense. He does have a really nasty speed rush but thats about it. For our scheme thats not enough with a more talened player who can do everything we ask of him available in Mack.

Mack is a much much better version of Kroy Biermann for us in Mike Nolan's scheme.

Much appreciated spicey.
I'm a little confused on what type scheme the Falcons run. I thought they ran a basic base 43 with press man? Mack appears like an ideal 34 OLB. He could survive, maby excell, in an even front, but it's not the ideal fit. I know Abraham dominated as that type but I think that's more a great player than the scheme.

I also think Barr is on the verge of becoming underrated. He does everything pretty well. Size of a DE and mobility of an OLB. Mack may be better in space but its because he's more LB than DE.

JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownLeader wrote:

You can't have it both ways. You question the Bortles pick as forcing a need than shoot down the Amaro pick saying they have to go need there. Wink

What 'both ways'? Bortles is 'forcing' a QB because he is a reach at #3 overall and would only be the pick if you 'force' the Jaguars to take a QB. You choose to ignore the other needs this team has (one of which is pass rusher which Clowney, the best prospect in the draft, would fill) As for Amaro, sure he is a good player, but the Jaguars could get a comparable if not better player that actually fills a need.

I think you have some misconception that 'best player' and 'needs based' are absolute terms. There is such a thing as wanting to draft the best player possible that fills some sort of need for the team.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really love the top two rounds for New England. In the third I'd take Tuitt and run even after celebrating Donald falling to us. Those two are the top two potential fits at our top need. How you see Tuitt is falling idk. Love the offensive guard pick in round two. He is the most balanced guy at the position IMO. Great work.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
BrownLeader wrote:

What 'both ways'? Bortles is 'forcing' a QB because he is a reach at #3 overall and would only be the pick if you 'force' the Jaguars to take a QB. You choose to ignore the other needs this team has (one of which is pass rusher which Clowney, the best prospect in the draft, would fill) As for Amaro, sure he is a good player, but the Jaguars could get a comparable if not better player that actually fills a need.

I think you have some misconception that 'best player' and 'needs based' are absolute terms. There is such a thing as wanting to draft the best player possible that fills some sort of need for the team.

I'm not convinced Bortles is a really a reach there. He may go #1 overall. I think Caldwell isn't much of a risk taker, just a hunch, and Clowney, IMO, is a boom/bust type. Whereas Bortles is a fairly safe QB prospect, even if he's a little high, and absolutely the top need. But I'm surprised you don't consider TE a big need. Lewis is a sound blocker but poor receiver.

BrownLeader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Love the first three picks for the Steelers. Nix and his knee problems would be worth a second round pick. Evans is the guy I want in the first and getting a corner with the comp pick in the third is nice. I wouldn't double dip on CB in the fourth though. With Hurst sitting there he would be my pick instead. The only pick I don't like is Thomas. To me, even though it's a fifth round pick, that would be a wasted selection. I like getting a RB in the fifth even though I might have gone with Thomas. Overall a good job especially with the first three rounds.

Thomas might wind up a TE though.

FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownLeader wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Anyone that puts this much effort in deserves a WELL DONE SIR.

As far as ATL... some will say Mack over Barr, personally, I like your selection of Barr more. You had us taking 2 oline and 2 dt after that... perfect.

Im with spicy in that this is a perfect draft layout for us going 4 total trench guys on both sides of the ball. Coleman as our comp pick is a solid pick as well.

The difference i have is on the Barr Mack situation. Om on the other fence of it as Mack actually fits out scheme better than Barr does where as Barr fits Tampas defense better according to a few tampa fans on here.

Barr can't drop in coverage well at all and is so so at best in run defense. He does have a really nasty speed rush but thats about it. For our scheme thats not enough with a more talened player who can do everything we ask of him available in Mack.

Mack is a much much better version of Kroy Biermann for us in Mike Nolan's scheme.

Much appreciated spicey.
I'm a little confused on what type scheme the Falcons run. I thought they ran a basic base 43 with press man? Mack appears like an ideal 34 OLB. He could survive, maby excell, in an even front, but it's not the ideal fit. I know Abraham dominated as that type but I think that's more a great player than the scheme.

I also think Barr is on the verge of becoming underrated. He does everything pretty well. Size of a DE and mobility of an OLB. Mack may be better in space but its because he's more LB than DE.

We run a Multiplle D. The Basic 4-3 went when Brian Van Gorder did.

We run 4-3 Leo, 3-4, 4-2-5, and 3-3-5 looks randomly based who we are up against. We drop our De's in coverage quite a bit we did it with Abraham and Osi. But we do it a ton with Kroy Biermann before he went down with injury and Massaquio.

Mike Nolan is known for his background in the 3-4 probably more so than the 4-3 so we incorporate alot of 3-4 stuff and motion our guys a ton.

Look for us to grab a NT and a Hybrid DE/LB this season to help out with this.

Hope this helped ya out Brown and if you want a more broken down setup of our defense Scar would be a good person to talk to about it.

Last edited by FalconFan13 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: