Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre Combine 2014 Mock 5 Rounds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colts top needs
1) DE/DT
2) C
3) ILB
4) WR

*looks at mock, sees no positions drafted from above list*
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chargers have zero need at ILB.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to give the Lions worst case scenerio
101Raider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the picks for the Raiders and love Mack. However, as idiotic as this sounds, I would have been happier to have drafted Mack at 5 if Clowney was gone, than at 8 and have passed on him. I think I would break something if we had a chance and didn't scoop up Clowney
zappa13004

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice effort, nice read. Do not see pressing need for the Redskins to take two 34 end, Jarvis Jenkins is very good next to Cofield, they need a CB and with Gruden here to develop RGIII they'll add a WR earlier than K.Norwood. No way the Raiders trade down if we can take Clowney !!! Or for a blockbuster deal, not a 2015 2nd rounder.
jcm412

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Steelers draft a lot. My Only complaint would be the QB in the 5th with Ed Reynolds and Tre Boston still on the board.
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
Colts top needs
1) DE/DT
2) C
3) ILB
4) WR

*looks at Colts picks. Sees only three in the first 5 rounds.

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
The Chargers have zero need at ILB.

Are you confident that Butler will be back or is there a sleeper star on the depth chart?

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
BrownLeader wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Anyone that puts this much effort in deserves a WELL DONE SIR.

As far as ATL... some will say Mack over Barr, personally, I like your selection of Barr more. You had us taking 2 oline and 2 dt after that... perfect.

Im with spicy in that this is a perfect draft layout for us going 4 total trench guys on both sides of the ball. Coleman as our comp pick is a solid pick as well.

The difference i have is on the Barr Mack situation. Om on the other fence of it as Mack actually fits out scheme better than Barr does where as Barr fits Tampas defense better according to a few tampa fans on here.

Barr can't drop in coverage well at all and is so so at best in run defense. He does have a really nasty speed rush but thats about it. For our scheme thats not enough with a more talened player who can do everything we ask of him available in Mack.

Mack is a much much better version of Kroy Biermann for us in Mike Nolan's scheme.

Much appreciated spicey.
I'm a little confused on what type scheme the Falcons run. I thought they ran a basic base 43 with press man? Mack appears like an ideal 34 OLB. He could survive, maby excell, in an even front, but it's not the ideal fit. I know Abraham dominated as that type but I think that's more a great player than the scheme.

I also think Barr is on the verge of becoming underrated. He does everything pretty well. Size of a DE and mobility of an OLB. Mack may be better in space but its because he's more LB than DE.

We run a Multiplle D. The Basic 4-3 went when Brian Van Gorder did.

We run 4-3 Leo, 3-4, 4-2-5, and 3-3-5 looks randomly based who we are up against. We drop our De's in coverage quite a bit we did it with Abraham and Osi. But we do it a ton with Kroy Biermann before he went down with injury and Massaquio.

Mike Nolan is known for his background in the 3-4 probably more so than the 4-3 so we incorporate alot of 3-4 stuff and motion our guys a ton.

Look for us to grab a NT and a Hybrid DE/LB this season to help out with this.

Hope this helped ya out Brown and if you want a more broken down setup of our defense Scar would be a good person to talk to about it.

Thanks. Cool

Nobody

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really not a good draft for Indy. Not sure about Jeffcoat in a 34, and an OT? Why? He won't "start quickly" when we have two very good OTs and good young backups.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you on the first three rounds of the Steelers draft. In round four, we might double dip on CB with Ricardo Allen but we could very well go with a FS, since that needs to be addressed as well. Terenance Brooks going to the selection right after ours in the 4th. It reallly comes down to who you feel is a better prospect, Brooks or Allen.

In addition to the comp 3rd round pick, we should obtain an additional fourth rounder for losing Keenan Lewis. With that selection, we might go with the DE that is going to Baltimore if our comp pick is before theirs. Otherwise, we might go with Antoine Exum or Andrew Jackson.

In the fifth, I really dont see us nabbing a QB, since we went with one in the fourth round last year. Plus, with all our needs, it doesnt make sense to go with a QB. At that point, we can add a backup RB to our large list of needs.
SayWhatAgain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Colts draft.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect the effort, but this would be a really tough draft for jets fans to swallow. THere is a real drop-off at TE after the first 2 and i don't see the Jets wanting to go there if a WR is still on the board. You never know with them but they really need to go with playmakers with the top end of the draft.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownLeader wrote:
stallyns wrote:
Colts top needs
1) DE/DT
2) C
3) ILB
4) WR

*looks at Colts picks. Sees only three in the first 5 rounds.

*looks at number of rookies drafted after round 5 who started 16 games last year, shakes head*
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Raiders draft except clowney would go there. A 2015 2nd wouldn't be enough I don't think. Also, the raiders front office (according to insider scott bair) aren't high on anthony barr or khalil mack because of the system fit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: