Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre Combine 2014 Mock 5 Rounds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
byzr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
21. Green Bay Packers C.J. Mosley |ILB| Alabama:
Mosley is simply a beast of a prospect and could probably fit at any LB position in any defense. Injury history and a good not great senior year, will affect his stock however.
NFL Comp: Lawrence Timmons

21. Green Bay Packers Daniel McCullers |NT| Texas:
Similar to Mt Cody but better. Looks like a huge immoveable fixture until he flashes impressive athletic ability every now and again.
NFL Comp: Ted Washington

21. Green Bay Packers - *Troy Niklas |TE| Notre Dame:
NFL Comp: Kyle Rudolph

*34. Green Bay Packers - Dezmen Southward |S| Wisconsin:
Phyisical CB/S that has the size and tackling ability for last line of defense and CB skills to hold up in man to man.
NFL Comp. Jonathan Cyprien

21. Green Bay Packers Justin Britt |OT| Missouri:
NFL Comp. Breno Giacomini

21. Green Bay Packers Terrance Mitchell |CB| Oregon:
NFL Comp.

i keep hearing how great Mosley is and can't imagine him falling to 21 but if he does i'll glady take him unless Dixx is on the board.

McCullers would be a welcome addition since Raji and Pickett are likely not going to here next year. i actually like the idea of the Pack going after Mt. Cody in FA

i like Nikolas can block and catch the ball at 6'7 so with our emerging run game he looks real good in round 3.

i know nothing of the S in the 3rd so thanks for the homework but a S in first 3 is a MUST this year if not the first 2 rounds.

T depth can be considered an issue so i won't complain about the T.

CB depth is ok in GB so unless this guy can S as well i'd be looking at KR or another NT type.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
BrownLeader wrote:

You can't have it both ways. You question the Bortles pick as forcing a need than shoot down the Amaro pick saying they have to go need there. Wink
Jones is similar to Kerley but a bit taller.

What 'both ways'? Bortles is 'forcing' a QB because he is a reach at #3 overall and would only be the pick if you 'force' the Jaguars to take a QB. You choose to ignore the other needs this team has (one of which is pass rusher which Clowney, the best prospect in the draft, would fill) As for Amaro, sure he is a good player, but the Jaguars could get a comparable if not better player that actually fills a need.

I think you have some misconception that 'best player' and 'needs based' are absolute terms. There is such a thing as wanting to draft the best player possible that fills some sort of need for the team.
Your being sort of a hypocrite, you consider Bortles a reach at 3, yet in your mock you have the Browns trading up to #2 to get him.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Eh Bengals draft. Not a huge fan of any of the picks except Robertson

Exactly how I feel. Plus, Mike brown doesn't usually trade down for future picks. I can't remember the last time we did. All of our extra picks came from trading players for picks in successive drafts (Palmer to Oakland, CJohnson to NE)

And I don't see the need to spend the first TWO round picks on hybrid DE/LBs

Last edited by INbengalfan on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Danish49ers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre Combine 2014 Mock 5 Rounds Reply with quote

BrownLeader wrote:
Danish49ers wrote:
BrownLeader wrote:
30. San Francisco 49ers Jason Verrett |CB| TCU
23. San Francisco 49ers (KC)- *Paul Richardson |WR| Colorado
30. San Francisco 49ers Brent Urban |DE| Virginia
13. San Francisco 49ers (Tenn) *Dion Bailey |S| USC
30. San Francisco 49ers Billy Turner |OT| North Dakota St.
29. San Francisco 49ers - *Martavis Bryant |WR| Clemson
*33. San Francisco 49ers - Jon Halapio |OG| Florida
30. San Francisco 49ers Garrett Gilbert |QB| SMU
Not a big fan.

My take:
30. San Francisco 49ers Calvin Pryor |S| Louisville
23. San Francisco 49ers (KC)- Kyle Fuller |CB| Virginia Tech
30. San Francisco 49ers Allen Robinson |WR| Penn St
13. San Francisco 49ers (Tenn) Travis Swanson |OC| Arkansas
30. San Francisco 49ers Stephon Tuitt |DE| Notre Dame
*33. San Francisco 49ers - Zach Mettenberger |QB| LSU
30. San Francisco 49ers Trevor Reilly |OLB| Utah

Back to back 1st round safeties strikes me as pretty rare.
Pryor is BPA in my book, and with Whitner possible gone, there a significant piece missing: SS.
holeman1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Cards picks Reply with quote

The cardinals draft is ok but you added to many OLB/DE's (you added 3 of them), take a couple of them out and replace them with the the top QB/S/TE/OG depending on what you think fits
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
BrownLeader wrote:
stallyns wrote:
Colts top needs
1) DE/DT
2) C
3) ILB
4) WR

*looks at mock, sees no positions drafted from above list*

*looks at Colts picks. Sees only three in the first 5 rounds.

*looks at number of rookies drafted after round 5 who started 16 games last year, shakes head*

SayWhatAgain wrote:
Bad Colts draft.

Nobody wrote:
Really not a good draft for Indy. Not sure about Jeffcoat in a 34, and an OT? Why? He won't "start quickly" when we have two very good OTs and good young backups.

Well...I think Mewhort is a good value if he's in the 3rd and can play LG as well as LT. Costonzo could also play LG. He's also got only 1 yr left and I didn't think he was all that good at LT so there's a question whether or not he'd be resigned.

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Great Raiders draft except clowney would go there. A 2015 2nd wouldn't be enough I don't think. Also, the raiders front office (according to insider scott bair) aren't high on anthony barr or khalil mack because of the system fit.

That's interesting. Seeing how Houston was used I would think Mack or Barr would fit right in. I've read that complaint about the value there in that trade a few times but it's only 200 based on the chart. Well beneath a 2nd round value. I could throw a conditional in there too, I guess.

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Eh Bengals draft. Not a huge fan of any of the picks except Robertson

Exactly how I feel. Plus, Mike brown doesn't usually trade down for future picks. I can't remember the last time we did. All of our extra picks came from trading players for picks in successive drafts (Palmer to Oakland, CJohnson to NE)

And I don't see the need to spend the first TWO round picks on hybrid DE/LBs

Interesting about the future picks. I consider Crighton a DE first and foremost.

BrownLeader

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre Combine 2014 Mock 5 Rounds Reply with quote

Danish49ers wrote:
BrownLeader wrote:
Danish49ers wrote:
BrownLeader wrote:
30. San Francisco 49ers Jason Verrett |CB| TCU
23. San Francisco 49ers (KC)- *Paul Richardson |WR| Colorado
30. San Francisco 49ers Brent Urban |DE| Virginia
13. San Francisco 49ers (Tenn) *Dion Bailey |S| USC
30. San Francisco 49ers Billy Turner |OT| North Dakota St.
*33. San Francisco 49ers - Jon Halapio |OG| Florida
30. San Francisco 49ers Garrett Gilbert |QB| SMU
Not a big fan.

My take:
30. San Francisco 49ers Calvin Pryor |S| Louisville
23. San Francisco 49ers (KC)- Kyle Fuller |CB| Virginia Tech
30. San Francisco 49ers Allen Robinson |WR| Penn St
13. San Francisco 49ers (Tenn) Travis Swanson |OC| Arkansas
30. San Francisco 49ers Stephon Tuitt |DE| Notre Dame
*33. San Francisco 49ers - Zach Mettenberger |QB| LSU
30. San Francisco 49ers Trevor Reilly |OLB| Utah

Back to back 1st round safeties strikes me as pretty rare.
Pryor is BPA in my book, and with Whitner possible gone, there a significant piece missing: SS.

Do you not consider Bailey a SS or you just like Pryor a lot more?

BrownLeader

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Cards picks Reply with quote

holeman1 wrote:
The cardinals draft is ok but you added to many OLB/DE's (you added 3 of them), take a couple of them out and replace them with the the top QB/S/TE/OG depending on what you think fits

I count 2? Ealy and Murphy.

stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownLeader wrote:
Costonzo could also play LG. He's also got only 1 yr left and I didn't think he was all that good at LT so there's a question whether or not he'd be resigned.

Castonzo isn't a great LT, but he held his own and had one of his better seasons this year. I don't have the numbers to back it up but it seemed to me that most if not all the sacks on Luck came from inside rushes. No reason to replace him.

Besides, we don't need a LG, we need a C.
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Raiders4sho!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The raiders would not trade the chance to get clowney for the equivilant of a 3rd round pick

fishtanked

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Well, looking at that Vikings draft, it would be about the most disappointing option out there.

The Vikings would likely have no trouble finding a trade partner in round one with Matthews sitting there, and the Vikings have a good TE in Kyle Rudolph. Watkins seems much more likely if they stay there, but with Matthews a trade down is even more likely than that.

Garrapolo seems kind of lousy in round two as well. Bitonio seems a bit better, or Nix or Ealy (primarily Ealy) or Kyle FUller

Round three Jackson is great.

Why Sutton? Pierre Desir would be much better, but Sutton is a duplicate of Floyd the previous year. Montcrief or Purifoy would also be much better as well.

Marcus Smith is good.

Sam isn't bad, but not sure about him with the Zimmer defense. ILB and OLB is more likely.

Overall it is so weak at the top for the Vikings there is no way that it will turn out well.

I agree with Gnat. Speilman is an analytical percentages type of GM. There is no way he would take a TE at 8. The value just isn't there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont understand why u have Atlanta taking back to back G's in the 3rd and 4th. plus i dont see Richardson being there in the 4th. i also see Mack being our pick over Barr.

Rd 1. Khalil Mack
Rd 2. Kony Ealy
Rd 3. Dakota Dozier / Cyril Richardson / Gabe Jackson
Rd 4. Kenny Ladler / Ed Reynolds / DaQuan Jones...or make a trade with Washington and jump up a spot grab Stephon Tuitt

Rd 5 + comp pick are fine. even tho i dont see Ellis lasting til the 5th either.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if all it takes is a 2015 2nd round pick to get Clowney then by god give them #6 + a 2015 2nd and we will swap spots with them for him it's all yours my good man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: