Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Offseason & Draft (1 round) V.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peppers over Will Smith in FA. Lovie has an outstanding relationship with him. Not a huge fan of the Sanchez signing, but if it's for cheap, I get it.

Love the Tillman and Watkins picks.

Good work

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: cards pick Reply with quote

the effort put into this is unbelievable, this may be one of the best draft threads on the site, either way I love the cardinal's picks and FA moves
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although if we loose Byrd, Delmas seems like the logical choice to replace but we need to fix the OLine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Dallas getten both DT Melton and DT Donald...but a FA TE? they have Witten and drafted a TE in the 2nd round last year...dont need a TE and cant afford a TE...now maybe vet LB or FS or DE would be nice

Peace
JJDEMARAY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
VinceYoung1010: You may be right about Pollard. The Titans are likely going decide one or the other. Moreno is a tough sell considering no one really likes him on this forum (including me). It's just, he has to end up somewhere. The Titans would probably still draft a back somewhere in the first for rounds I'd assume.

1BackInBlackFan: Thanks. How do you feel about Worilds returning?

FLOODx: Thanks. For many picks I just want to nail down a position and the exact player evolves over time. I think a 3-4 OLB prospect fits well in terms of need and value.

vikingsrule: Like mentioned above, the exact player selected will evolve over time. I believe that if either Carr and Bortles are available, the Vikings are taking one or the other. I have been thinking that the Vikings did seem to have almost too good of an offseason. I think Verner is the likeliest, then Johnson, and then Spikes. I really have no leads on Spikes.

Thanks all.

Best.

I don't see the Vikings reaching for any player in this draft. Since Spielman took full control in 2012, they have picked BPA every time. Derek Carr will NOT be selected at #8. If the top 3 QB'S are gone, they will go with either Mack or Mosely. Spielman has traded up in the lower first round the last two years and would do it again with the extra third rounder to land Carr if they are high on him. Derek Carr is a second round prospect at best....
ctpatsfan77

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Offseason & Draft (1 round) V.1 Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:

New England Patriots select David Yankey, OL, Stanford
-The Patriots are no strangers to drafting big and strong offensive lineman in the first round. Yankey fits the mold of what the Patriots look for and hed hopefully bring some consistency to the Patriots essential run game.

While I could live with Yankey, I'd hope that with both Seferian-Jenkins and Amaro on the board, that the Pats would take one of the two.

Their offense becomes much more dynamic with two TE receiving threats, which is something they sorely missed this year (especially in the red zone). TEs can also help in the run game, too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate it. Sign no FA's other than Joique Bell who is our own restricted FA, and then make a huge reach in Gilbert.

R.I.P. Stylish
Purple blood

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice work, very well put together. I would love this for the Vikings I love the free agents and im really high on bortles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want anything to do Suggs or Moreno. Moreno has always been garbage and Suggs has always been overrated. Horrible in the run-game and he's getting up there in age. We're not going to pay the money he wants. Good 1st round pick though.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistic offseason and great pick for the Bengals

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
SJax39

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hard to believe that the Rams let Saffold go and don't sign 1 free agent off your list.

Picks aren't bad, although if the Rams end up taking Robinson at 2, I'd be pretty disapointed.

[b]CLOWNEY WILL NOT MAKE IT PAST #2
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually my friend your sorta doing the one thing we have been trying to go against as a franchise the last 2 years. We have been booting out older players for younger players little by little. We let abraham go for a 2 or 3 year younger Osi. We let Turner go for a 2 or 3 year younger Jackson.

The rest of our team we have been starting alot of rookie guys to try and get younger as we were one of the older teams in the league. So your theory in FA is a bit flawed.

He didn't say we are trying to get gritty he said we are trying to get tough and big in the trenches. We are weak as a team in the trenches on both sides of the ball getting older lineman aren't going to really help that as i agree those 2 guys are solid but their not anything we don't already have at this point in their careers in Babs and Osi maybe not as great but nothing we can build on for the next 4 or 5 years.

Then you add in the pick of a LT who you will be putting at RT for 2 or 3 years and putting him next to another rookie RG and putting them next to another 1st or 2nd year starting center.

That is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE idea and will get Ryan killed at QB.

Think of this your going to have a line of

RT - Matthews - Rookie with no nfl experience gonna have tons of mistakes 1st year.

RG - Yankey, richardson, Jackson, etc... - Rookie same as matthews tons of mistakes.

C - Hawley or Konz - neither are proven and both have been below avg to medicore on their best days. You think either of them will help or mask those rookies glaring mistakes on the right side?

LG - Blalock - Our best starting lineman and he is barely above avg. He might not start on 10 or 15 other teams at LG. So he has to anchor our o-line lol.

LT - Sam Baker - The guy you hate who i will agree when not 100% avg at best again. When healthy he is actually our best o-lineman. He is a top 10 talent LT but he has to be pretty much 100% to play at that level. He chips a toe nail you get him back to giving 75% and avg or worse.

So after looking at that o-line you gave us do you really think our offense or ryan would be able to do much?

Now i say you add 1 FA RT into the equation ho actually is above avg and knows what he is doing and the line looks a bit better.

As then you have 2 vet OT's on the outside a vet on the left side of the young center in blalock and a vet on the right side of the rookie RG.

That will help them grow and mask alot of the mistakes that both the young guys are going to make but can be worked around by a veteran helping them.

So i would gladly give you all 3 of the FA's you gave us back to you to get 2 FA's like Saffold + Joseph in FA 2 younger but talented and experienced Trench guys who we will have about 25 to 30 mil in cap space to go after with.

Then with that 1st round pick i would probably go Barr as DE/LB he isn't my 1st choice as Clowney or Mack would be better but he is a pretty talented guy in his own right with room to grow at a position we can afford to let him grow at.

If not him then i would either trade down a little for a team who wants Matthews Watkins or bortles badly heck even for cheap let them give up say #10 to #15 and give us a 2nd or a 3rd round pick to boot based on how far we go down. Can't tell me no one would want 1 of those 3 guys for just giving up 1 more pick with a massive need at QB, LT, or WR.

Then give us Aaron Donald at DT big need for us we need 3 DT's via FA or draft.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere: I think I will have Peppers going to the Bucs in my next mock - it does seem to make a lot of sense.

holeman1: Thank you. I'm working on a v.2 and you may not quite the Cardinals free agency quite as much, though it should seem more logical.

BillsBuy82: I'm working on a v.2 that addresses that. Thanks.

sodakcowboy78: Thanks for your input. V.2 addresses some of your points.

IDOG_det: I've expanded the free agency list in v.2, which may address some of your concern. I think Gilbert is the best value/need pick there, though I'm admittedly not too familiar with the Lions' front office.

Purple blood: Thanks. I've made some changes to the mock draft which has the Vikings picking another player, but still getting a QB in the first two rounds.

titansfan4life: I've taken Suggs off the cut list since it appears he's receptive to restructuring. As for Moreno, he has to end up somewhere and the Titans make the most sense. I think he lands there at a relative bargain since not many teams will oblige to his perceived value.

ochocinco4pres: Thanks.

SJax39: Although I understand your point, I find it hard to see Staffold return to the Rams without them overpaying. I think he'd find his value highest there, but it's tough to gauge what the Rams are going to do with Jake Long and the likely hood of Staffold getting the left tackle money he wants.

FalconFan13: Ok, I'm going to address your post by point. I've done a fair amount of research on Atlanta considering they're usually always active in free agency and the draft.

Regarding the Falcons "getting younger": Although I don't doubt it's every team's desire to get younger and better talent, Atlanta hasn't always held strong to that mantra. I wouldn't necessarily call going from a 34 year old Abraham to a 30 year old Umenyiora a concentrated effort to get younger. Same goes for swapping Turner for Jackson. I just think the Falcons are trying to get talent at a bargain from experienced players in free agency. Dimitroff and company are trying to keep that Super Bowl "window" ajar as long as possible.

Dimitroff: "We need to focus on getting more gritty and rugged in certain areas. That's important for us. This is a warrior game and we have to come to the line of scrimmage with the proper mentality . . ."
http://atlantafalcons.blog.ajc.com/2014/01/31/exclusive-qa-dimitroff-pioli-ready-to-make-moves/
I guess it depends on what type of player you see as "gritty" or tough as you call it (semantics).

Regarding the first pick: You have to consider this project as only a sliver at what a team may realistically do in free agency and the draft. Just because I didn't include some lower tier signings and a 2-7 rounds, doesn't mean the Falcons won't address certain needs in those areas. Also, if Baker plays as bad as he did last year, next season, Matthews will be playing left tackle sooner than later.

For this project, I'm more trying to project what teams are likely to do in free agency. As we all know, teams often don't make what appears to be the "right decisions" and put more, or less, faith in certain players. As a fan, I can see that you care a lot of what the Falcons do. I don't, I'm just trying to project based on rumors, trends, etc.

That said, I've made some changes to v.2 that includes some changes that you addressed.

Finally, thanks everyone for your comments. V.2 is on it's way!

Best
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I want nothing to do with Darren McCrutches.

Dennard is awesome though.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it!

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: