Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Mock Draft 2/15
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: 2014 NFL Mock Draft 2/15 Reply with quote

2014 NFL Mock Draft:

1.Houston Texans: Johnny Manziel QB
Could be Bortles here, but I see Johnny Football staying in Texas. High ticket sales and he would be absolutely deadly with arian foster, andre johnson, deandre hopkins, garrett graham, and the Texans oline, which is extremely underrated. I could definitely see them winning the AFC South this coming year.

2.St Louis Rams: Greg Robinson OT
Jake Long tore his ACL and MCL and Rodger Saffold is a free agent. Rams get a huge upgrade to Oline with a potential HOF talent and get a guy who can hold his own against aldon smith, michael bennett, and calais campbell if need be. Bradford needs protection.

3.Jacksonville Jaguars: Teddy Bridgewater QB
Jags get their guy and elevate their offense to a new level. It seems perfect as a Florida kid with a great head on his shoulders. I see the Jags improving their record with TB to around 7 or 8 wins and adding a lot of defensive pieces in the 2nd (attaochu, etc.) and beyond.

4.Cleveland Browns: Sammy Watkins WR
With Manziel and Bridgewater gone, I don't see the browns taking a chance on Bortles here. The browns grab the best WR prospect (arguably) since AJ and Julio and put him across from Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron. He can do damage underneath and help the Browns QBOTF immensely.

5.Oakland Raiders: Jadeveon Clowney DE
The raiders get a future defensive cornerstone for the forseable future with the hope that the improved pass rush will act as a ripple effect capable of improving the secondary.

6.Atlanta Falcons: Khalil Mack DE/OLB
Falcons miss out on Clowney, but add a hybrid pass rusher capable of putting up 10+ sacks and huge tackle numbers with excellent athleticism and great technique.

7.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Anthony Barr DE/OLB
Tough pick here, I could see it being Matthews, but I see Lovie Smith taking a bit of a risk with Barr, who could play OLB across from Lavonte David on 1st and 2nd down and line up as a DE or 5th rusher on 3rd down. If anyone can help Barr reach his limitless ceiling, it would be Lovie Smith. Being on a good defense already can't hurt.

8.Minnesota Vikings: Blake Bortles QB
Minnesota gets perhaps the "steal" of the draft so far with bortles. He has a big arm for Norv Turner's vertical offense and the mobility to run read option plays with AP, meaning more rushing yards for the best RB in the nfl and 1 on 1 coverage with Jennings,Patterson, and Decker (Minny Kid?).

9.Buffalo Bills:Mike Evans WR
Another tough pick, but I see the Bills grabbing Evans because of concerns over Stevie Johnson, who may be traded. Evans will surprise at the combine and may post a 4.5 or even slightly below. He's well worth this selection and would give manuel a big target to go with a bunch of speedy complements and could help Buffalo's offense in a big way. Spiller and Jackson will breath a sigh of relief at not having to face stacked boxes.

10.Detroit Lions: Darqueze Dennard CB
Detroit will be mad that Evans went right before them. A trade up for Watkins is possible, but I see them grabbing a local product with shutdown potential, who will surely be helped by Detroit's monstrous Dline. WR is deep and Detroit could let an excellent player like Davante Adams fall into their laps, or trade up into the back of the 1st for a WR that they like (Jarvis Landry comes to mind).

11.Tennessee Titans: CJ Mosely ILB
Mosely can do it all. Rush the passer, drop back into coverage, and be a factor in the running game. Dee Ford is also possible here with a big combine and would also provide a big boost in the pass rush department.

12.New York Giants: Jake Matthews OT
I see Matthews potentially dropping because of a poor combine, plus he had a few bad games this year. The Giants grab a guy to protect Eli for the rest of his career and strengthen the oline considerably.

13.St Louis Rams: Haha Clinton Dix S
Calvin Pryor has been a popular player in recent weeks, but I still prefer Haha in pass coverage and he could help the Rams pass defense tremendously.

14.Chicago Bears: Timmy Jernigan DT
The bears have defensive needs everywhere and a number of trades down are not out of the question.However, at this slot they grab a DT capable of strengthening their run defense tremendously while adding some interior pass rush. I like Jernigan's floor a lot more than Hageman's and his run defense better than Donald's.

15.Pittsburgh Steelers: Eric Ebron TE
Rothelisberger gets a nice compliment to Heath Miller. The old defense will be improved later in the draft, but Ebron could be a difference maker from day 1 and a dark horse for OROY with Big Ben at the helm.

16.Baltimore Ravens (coin flip):Marqise Lee WR
The ravens grab steadily dropping Lee to complement Torrey Smith on the outside. Lee has the potential to be the best WR in the class if he can overcome his inconsistent hands and the ravens will gladly take him here.

17.Dallas Cowboys (coin flip) Kony Ealy DE
Demarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer could be on their way out due to salary cap issues and the Cowboys grab a talented defender with good upside to replace one of the two of them.

18.New York Jets: Odell Beckham Jr WR
The Jets grab the best WR available with Ebron gone and add a desperately needed playmaker to their offense. OBJ compares favorably to Victor Cruz and has the speed and elusiveness to be a big asset to Geno Smith in the Jets offense.

19.Miami Dolphins:Cyrus Kouandijo OT
The dolphins have a terrible oline and poor Ryan Tanehill is getting sacked out of his mind. There is a good chance that they will sign Brandon Albert, but a need is still present at RT and within the interior line and Kouandijo is arguably BPA here.

20.Arizona Cardinals: Taylor Lewan OT
The cardinals have a big need at OT and while Lewan struggled a bit at times at OT, but he still represents great value here and can keep Carson Palmer protected in a division filled with nasty pass rushers.

21.Green Bay Packers: Rashede Hageman DT
Hageman would be a powerful 3-4 DE able to push the pocket and disrupt plays. He fits with the Packers style of draft and would be able to open up opportunities for Clay Matthews and Nick Perry to get to the qb.

22.Philadelphia Eagles: Calvin Pryor FS/SS
The eagles have a big need at safety and Pryor can step in day 1 and make plays for the secondary.

23.Kansas City Chiefs: Kelvin Benjamin WR
This is a bit boom or bust but Benjamin has shown flashes of brilliance and could become a monster. He may move up boards depending on his combine. The Chiefs really need to give Dwyane Bowe some help though on the outside.

24.Cincinnati Bengals: Justin Gilbert CB
The Bengals have barely any needs and i thought about giving them an OT here or maybe Shazier Wink, but I settled on Gilbert to bolster the Bengals secondary and add depth for when Pacman retires.

25.San Diego Chargers: Jason Verrett CB
San Diego needs to improve their shaky secondary and Verrett is a nice step in the right direction with his agression in run support, fluid coverage ability, and penchant for breaking up passes.

26.Cleveland Browns: Derek Carr QB
Carr would be a perfect match to work with Watkins and Gordon down field and would help Cleveland's vertical passing game immensely. He could sit behind Hoyer for a bit if need be, but he has the arm and athleticism to be a franchise passer in the right system.

27.New Orleans Saints: Dee Ford OLB/DE
Ford is a great fit for Rob Ryan's defense and with players like Cameron Jordan eating up blocks, Ford could step in and contribute hugely as a rookie once he makes the full adjustment to a 3-4 scheme.

28.Carolina Panthers: Allen Robinson WR
Robinson may lack a bit of deep speed, but he is great at making contested catches and would provide a lot of help for Cam down in Carolina. This could be a great fit for years to come.

29. New England Patriots: Louis Nix III NT
Perhaps this is a bit of an overreaction pick, but Wilfork did tear his Achilles and the Pats run D was gashed last year. Nix could rotate in and out with Wilfork, or even play next to him on 1st and 2nd down. That's a scary thought for running backs.

30. San Francisco 49ers: Jordan Matthews WR
Matthews is extremely smooth and lacks a bit of deep speed. However, he has excellent hands and runs clean routes, making him a great intermediate target for Colin Kaepernick and an immediate contributor next to Crabtree and Boldin. He may not quite be a #1 WR, but he has consistency written all over him. Plus he IS Jerry Rice's cousin. Destiny at work?

31.Denver Broncos: Aaron Donald DT
Donald is robbed because of his height and falls far to a team who would love his services. Donald's interior pass rush abilities have drawn comparisons to Geno Atkins and he could go a lot higher than this.

32.Seattle Seahawks: Austin Sefarians Jenkins TE
The Seahawks get a local product and likely the starting tight end if Zach Miller decides not to take a pay cut. WR is also possible here, though the value is better in the late 2nd for WR. If thurmond and browner leave, it is possible that the Seahawks could take Roby here, though that would be unlikely.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barr is a Ok Pick but rather have matthews

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 13 Catches 134 Yards 2 TDs
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack = perfect for falcons with Clowney gone.

Not 100% against going to 4 to grab Clowney by giving up say a #6 and a 3rd for #4 if Browns are interested.
boondock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick for Carolina. Solid WR with solid hands.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Mack = perfect for falcons with Clowney gone.

Not 100% against going to 4 to grab Clowney by giving up say a #6 and a 3rd for #4 if Browns are interested.

Yeah I did no trades. I'm sure the browns would be somewhat interested in dealing the pick. I feel that on draft day, either Dimitroff will get Clowney by all means necessary, or trade down a fair amount. I'm not sure which one.
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddy at #3 looks good to me Very Happy
PatriotBeast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather have Donald,or Tuitt if Donalds gone then Nix
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotBeast wrote:
Rather have Donald,or Tuitt if Donalds gone then Nix

Ah, tuitt good point. I felt that nix would be a good guy to replace wilfork and patch up t
he run defense.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthews falls all the way to 12? Not my ideal pick.. But there is absolutely no way I could pass him up. A++ for NYG
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a good pick to Miami. Cyrus doesn't fit the scheme.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
BrownsDog23

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF the Browns stayed at 4 they would take Clowney.
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down with Matthews for the 49ers. I like his game, though I could see his stock go down after the combine.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownsDog23 wrote:
IF the Browns stayed at 4 they would take Clowney.

And play him where? 3-4 DE? The browns are beyond loaded on defense and pass rush except for ILB. Watkins is the best offensive player and has probowl potential. I don't see that happening.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Not a good pick to Miami. Cyrus doesn't fit the scheme.

Lewan?
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not with Matthews or Ebron still on the board
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: