Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Mock #9: 3 Rounds w/ trades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Mack + Hageman = MONSTER DRAFT for the Falcons in the 1st 2 rounds Smile

Would you be against me offering our 3rd rnd pick + 5th rnd pickr for Colts, 49ers, or Vikings pick in the 2nd round? like 5 to 6 spots up.

If we could come away with Mack + Hageman + Richardson or Jackson at RG your choice on who you like better.

This would be one of the best 1st 3 rounds we could have.

Plus i think Baptise would last another 5 or 6 picks to the 49ers to our 3rd round pick so they still get their player + a 5th rounder. Win / Win for both sides.
I think I will give you the trade if you really want it, but if it was with the Niners, I think it would be a keep your 3rd this year but give up your 2nd next year; they are loaded from a quantity standpoint this year and could look to build up future year draft selections.


if u do either trade, give us Jackson at G. a better option for us.
I am a bit higher on Richardson, so I am curious if it is strictly a fit issue in your opinion or is it that you feel Jackson is the better player?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjaneer


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 2353
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what you were thnking with the Dallas/SF trade, but the players Dallas took were pretty bad. I guess its realistic, since Jerry Jones takes questionable players all the time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
meixdaddy_10


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 588
Location: Mankato, MN
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the trade backs for MN

Carr is a great fit for Norv's Offense
Shazier is great RD 2

RD3 is a bit off...SS is not a big need..we should be looking for a more center-field type safety to let Smith play in the box but we dont know for sure what Zimmer wants..we have ok options for now

We still need a NT and a bigger WR that can stretch the field that Norv likes and also a CB

I would love WR Martavis Bryant there in RD 3 or DT Ego Ferguson
_________________
AD is hotter than Madonna in a pointy bra!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mjmiller


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 1584
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Mack + Hageman = MONSTER DRAFT for the Falcons in the 1st 2 rounds Smile

Would you be against me offering our 3rd rnd pick + 5th rnd pickr for Colts, 49ers, or Vikings pick in the 2nd round? like 5 to 6 spots up.

If we could come away with Mack + Hageman + Richardson or Jackson at RG your choice on who you like better.

This would be one of the best 1st 3 rounds we could have.

Plus i think Baptise would last another 5 or 6 picks to the 49ers to our 3rd round pick so they still get their player + a 5th rounder. Win / Win for both sides.
I think I will give you the trade if you really want it, but if it was with the Niners, I think it would be a keep your 3rd this year but give up your 2nd next year; they are loaded from a quantity standpoint this year and could look to build up future year draft selections.


if u do either trade, give us Jackson at G. a better option for us.
I am a bit higher on Richardson, so I am curious if it is strictly a fit issue in your opinion or is it that you feel Jackson is the better player?


im higher on Jackson myself. i jus feel that hes the big strong G that we need in the trenches. we dont have that mauler on our line and it shows.

but im not gonna be upset either way. both are an upgrade of Reynolds lol
_________________
if theres a god.....Clowney to Atlanta!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjaneer wrote:
I like what you were thnking with the Dallas/SF trade, but the players Dallas took were pretty bad. I guess its realistic, since Jerry Jones takes questionable players all the time.


I get it you want Aaron Donald, but the value is just not there when you could get a guy like Ealy. Ealy is the 2nd best 4-3 DE and a better overall prospect than Aaron Donald. While he may never be a RDE in the NFL, he will be one hell of a LDE.

I will give in on Reynolds, as I am not super high on him. However, there is definitely enough to like about him that a team in need of an upgrade over Barry Church could be fairly happy grabbing him in round 2.

As for Anthony Johnson, how is he not a good pick? He is a bit raw, but he has tremendous quickness and athleticism which should fit real nice in Dallas's defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The OUTLAW


Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Posts: 8426
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrid Browns picks and trade
_________________
You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser

Vince Lombardi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
Horrid Browns picks and trade
not really. I am fairly comfortable with how the Browns picks turned out. Moved ahead of JAX to get the QB they covet, got a high upside T who could become a really good RT which then allows Schwartz to move in to G where he elevates the play of the line. Then they get a WR to pair opposite Gordon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BrownsDog23


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 455
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
The OUTLAW wrote:
Horrid Browns picks and trade
not really. I am fairly comfortable with how the Browns picks turned out. Moved ahead of JAX to get the QB they covet, got a high upside T who could become a really good RT which then allows Schwartz to move in to G where he elevates the play of the line. Then they get a WR to pair opposite Gordon.
What reason is there to believe that the browns covet Bortles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownsDog23 wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
The OUTLAW wrote:
Horrid Browns picks and trade
not really. I am fairly comfortable with how the Browns picks turned out. Moved ahead of JAX to get the QB they covet, got a high upside T who could become a really good RT which then allows Schwartz to move in to G where he elevates the play of the line. Then they get a WR to pair opposite Gordon.
What reason is there to believe that the browns covet Bortles.
What reason is there to think they covet any player not named Johnny Manziel (and frankly the abundant amount of press regarding that interest is VERY suspicious and now pretty useless since Lombardi and Banner are out)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9795
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we keep our 3rd this year give them 5th round pick + 2nd next year for their 2nd round pick that would be pretty sweet and i would take it for sure we need more picks this year to rebuild depth we have alot of needs so that works out for us.

Also i love both guards they are actually 2 of my 3 favorite guards in the draft but i think i might lean a little toward Jackson mostly because as Miller said he is that nasty run grading Mauler our o-line lacks. We are mostly built small and technical and when we lose harvey dahl that nasty RG mauler it got way worse.

Then the draft of Mack + Hageman + Jackson + Niklas = A+
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ninjaneer


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 2353
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
ninjaneer wrote:
I like what you were thnking with the Dallas/SF trade, but the players Dallas took were pretty bad. I guess its realistic, since Jerry Jones takes questionable players all the time.


I get it you want Aaron Donald, but the value is just not there when you could get a guy like Ealy. Ealy is the 2nd best 4-3 DE and a better overall prospect than Aaron Donald. While he may never be a RDE in the NFL, he will be one hell of a LDE.

I will give in on Reynolds, as I am not super high on him. However, there is definitely enough to like about him that a team in need of an upgrade over Barry Church could be fairly happy grabbing him in round 2.

As for Anthony Johnson, how is he not a good pick? He is a bit raw, but he has tremendous quickness and athleticism which should fit real nice in Dallas's defense.

I disagree on Ealy>Donald and also that he is a 4-3 DE
Dallas doesnt need an upgrade over Barry Church. They need a free safety and Church needs to play SS.
Anthony Johnson, in fact both LSU DTs do nothing for me. Even Bryan Broaddus, former Super Bowl champion scout and current draft guru for the Cowboys (LSU alum) said he wouldnt touch either of them. Johnson or Ferguson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
playboi24


Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 597
Location: Magnolia, Tx
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best mock I've seen for the Texans. Personally, I'd go with Easley in the third rnd but thats just nitpicking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 33443
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Eagles would take Lewan in the first if he is there and BPA.
and if he isn't BPA?!! Also as far as I can tell, I think Roseman has not followed a strict BPA strategy in the draft since 2010. Hindsight is definitely contributing to me saying that, but if my memory is serving me right, there are some picks that if they were truly BPA reveals Roseman's board is going to be hard to predict.



No we followed it last year and the year before.


Zack Ertz and vinny curry were both second round picks at positions we didn't need.


2010 and 11 the eagles drafted for need.
_________________
Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
m haynes


Joined: 29 Jan 2011
Posts: 809
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Mock #9: 3 Rounds w/ trades Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
TRADES(More so than previous versions, compensation is less based on actual trades and more on what I feel is reasonable):
St. Louis trades #2, #172 to Cleveland for #4, #36, #102, and Brandon Weeden -- St. Louis is in a good position to move down as they are not desperate to get a QB early and could afford to move down a few picks and still get a guy they could covet. Cleveland is desperate for a QB and could look to jump Jacksonville to get one. (Two things about the compensation : [1] Weeden wants out of Cleveland, and the Browns might look to move on from him and sell a bit low. As a team without a major need at QB, but could benefit from getting one, St. Louis could be intrigued to buy low on him [2]While this trade might seem a bit low on compensation when compared to STL/WAS in 2012, I cannot in good faith base this trade off a total fleecing and terrible trade in retrospect)
Minnesota trades #8 and #96 to St. Louis for #13, #44 -- With the top QBs off the board, Minnesota might prefer to trade down from #8 overall. St. Louis could move up and come out of the first round with the top prospects at two positions of need.
Arizona trades #20 to New Orleans for #27 and #91 -- New Orleans really could use an edge rusher for their relatively new 3-4 scheme. Dee Ford looked like he can be a dynamic presence on the edge, and with a bit of work on coverage, he could become an excellent player in this defense.
Carolina trades #28 to Tennessee for #42, #139, and a 2015 3rd round pick -- Tennessee is going to switch to a hybrid scheme, and needs that behemoth anchoring the line at NT. Moving up into the bottom of the 1st to grab Nix would be an intriguing option for the Titans.
Minnesota trades #40 to New England for #62, #126, and #214 -- Tom Brady is not getting an younger, and if the Patriots want to keep the window open to contend, moving up to grab a TE to pair with Gronk (who also needs to stay healthy) would be a wise move.
Dallas trades #47 to San Francisco for #56 and #125 - In 2013 and 2014 the Niners and Cowboys end up trade partners. One year SF moves up for a free safety and Dallas ends up with a C, and the following year SF moves up for the C and Dallas gets the free safety.
Cincinnati trades #55 to Carolina for #60 and #156 -- With an extra 5th round pick from the trade down, Carolina can look to use a 5th rounder to move up the few spots to guarantee they get a real talented CB who should help make a great defense even better.

ROUND 1
1. HOU: Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina
2. **CLE: Blake Bortles QB UCF (I personally think it is BS, but I think the 'size' concerns with Teddy comes into play here, especially with Kyle Shanahan just having dealt with a #2 overall pick QB and his injuries)
3. JAX: Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
4. **STL: Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
5. OAK: Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M
6. ATL: Khalil Mack DE/OLB Buffalo
7. TB: Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
8. **STL: Jake Matthews T Texas A&M
9. BUF: Greg Robinson T Auburn
10. DET: Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
11. TEN: Anthony Barr OLB/DE UCLA
12. NYG: C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
13. **MIN: Derek Carr QB Fresno State
14. CHI: HaHa Clinton-Dix FS Alabama
15. PIT: Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
16. DAL: Kony Ealy DE Missouri
17. BAL: Marqise Lee WR USC
18. NYJ: Eric Ebron TE North Carolina
19. MIA: Zach Martin G/T Notre Dame
20. **NO: Dee Ford OLB Auburn
21. GB: Calvin Pryor FS/SS Louisville
22. PHI: Odell Beckham Jr. WR LSU
23. KC: Marcus Roberson CB Florida
24. CIN: Jason Verrett CB TCU
25. SD: David Yankey G Stanford
26. CLE: Taylor Lewan T Michigan
27. **ARI: Cyrus Kouandjio T Alabama
28. **TEN: Louis Nix III NT Notre Dame
29. NE: Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh
30. SF: Jimmie Ward SS Northern Illinois
31. DEN: Bradley Roby CB Ohio State
32. SEA: Morgan Moses T Virginia
ROUND 2
33. HOU: Zach Mettenberger QB LSU
34. WAS: Stephon Tuitt DE Notre Dame
35. **STL: Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU
36. OAK: Trent Murphy DE Stanford
37. ATL: Rashede Hageman DT Minnesota
38. TB: Scott Crichton DE Oregon State
39. JAX: Xavier Su'a-Filo G UCLA
40. **NE: Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech
41. BUF: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington
42. **CAR: Allen Robinson WR Penn State
43. NYG: Antonio Richardson T Tennessee
44. **MIN: Ryan Shazier OLB Ohio State
45. DET: Kelvin Benjamin WR Florida State
46. PIT: Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
47. **SF: Travis Swanson C Arkansas
48. BAL: Joel Bitonio T/G Nevada
49. NYJ: DaVante Adams WR Fresno State
50. MIA: Kelcy Quarles DT South Carolina
51. CHI: Will Sutton DT Arizona State
52. ARI: Jeremiah Attaochu OLB Georgia Tech
53. GB: DaQuan Jones NT Penn State
54. PHI: Deone Bucannon SS Washington State
55. **CAR: Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech
56. **DAL: Ed Reynolds FS Stanford
57. SD: Louchiez Purifoy CB Florida
58. NO: LaMarcus Joyner CB/FS Florida State
59. IND: Cyril Richardson G Baylor
60. **CIN: Scott Crichton DE Oregon State
61. SF: Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Nebraska
62. **MIN: Gabe Jackson G Mississippi State
63. DEN: Jackson Jeffcoat DE Texas
64. SEA: Jarvis Landry WR LSU
ROUND 3
65. HOU: Trevor Reilly OLB Utah
66. WAS: Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State
67. OAK: Paul Richardson WR Colorado
68. ATL: Troy Niklas TE Notre Dame
69. NYJ: Dion Bailey FS USC
70. JAX: Marcus Smith LEO Louisville
71. CLE: Ka'Deem Carey RB Arizona
72. MIN: Craig Loston SS LSU
73. BUF: Chris Borland ILB Wisconsin
74. NYG: Dominique Easley DT Florida
75. STL: Terrence Brooks FS Florida State
76. DET: Telvin Smith OLB Florida State
77. SF: Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
78. DAL: Anthony Johnson DT LSU
79. BAL: Weston Richburg C Colorado State
80. NYJ: Chris Smith OLB Arkansas
81. MIA: Jack Mewhort T Ohio State
82. CHI: Demarcus Lawrence DE Boise State
83. CLE: Jared Abbrederis WR Wisconsin
84. ARI: Jimmy Garoppolo QB Eastern Illinois
85. GB: Yawin Smallwood ILB Connecticut
86. PHI: Keith McGill CB Utah
87. KC: Mike Davis WR Texas
88. CIN: Billy Turner T/G North Dakota State
89. SD: Tre Mason RB Auburn
90. IND: Victor Hampton CB South Carolina
91. **ARI: Ego Ferguson DE LSU
92. CAR: Kareem Martin DE North Carolina
93. NE: Bryan Stork C Florida State
94. SF: David Fales QB San Jose State
95. DEN: Ahmad Dixon SS Baylor
96. **STL: Dakota Dozier G Furman


Nice job however not for the Pats.
1st pick Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh 285 lbs gap shooter, to small for scheme. Great player wrong fit.

The trade, well, the TV goes out the window. If the Pats have to spend a high pick and trade picks to cover TE just in case. That IMO is no way you draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Mock #9: 3 Rounds w/ trades Reply with quote

m haynes wrote:

Nice job however not for the Pats.
1st pick Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh 285 lbs gap shooter, to small for scheme. Great player wrong fit.

The trade, well, the TV goes out the window. If the Pats have to spend a high pick and trade picks to cover TE just in case. That IMO is no way you draft.


Donald -- you talk that one over with the Pats fans I have seen who desperately want Donald with the first round pick.

Amaro -- This is not a 'just in case' trade, although certainly if Gronk ends up missing time, this trade looks all the better in retrospect. Brady excels when he has 2 TEs in the lineup that can catch the ball and make plays. Brady is going to be a 37 year old QB Week 1. The question is whether you want to have another year of 'patchwork' or whether you want the team to make an aggressive move to milk Brady for every last playoff run you can get out of him. Personally, if I was a Patriots fan, I would go for the aggressive move to milk Brady for the playoff runs. I guess you feel otherwise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group