Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Offseason & Draft (2 rounds) v.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tend to think the Vikings would move down in round one with Matthews available tempting teams. With that said, Barr is a solid pick in a not trade draft.

ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider ealy more of a 4-3 LDE than anything. Don't think he has a real fit in a 2 gap 3-4.
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
I consider ealy more of a 4-3 LDE than anything. Don't think he has a real fit in a 2 gap 3-4.
4-3 LDE is exactly what Ealy is.
Patsdood...1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing is first... Love the effort... I always like seeing someone put in the time to do both Free Agency and a multi round mock draft... Well done.

Now on to the Pats...

Love the signing of Arthur Jones DT Ravens... Fills a position of need with a guy who has ties to the team through his brother. I liked him coming out of college, and now that he has developed, he would be a great player to sign so we could focus on other positions in the draft.

As for the draft picks for the Pats...

Not a big fan of taking an interior OL in the first round, but Yankey is the pick I would complain about least. We have done it before, with Mankins, but I think we have too many needs to have an interior OL in the first. Value can be found later in the draft, especially with Swanson and Richburg still on the board

I definitely think this is a draft where the Patriots move back and acquire picks...

HUGE fan of Jean-Baptiste in the second round. Long, athletic corner just scratching the surface of his DB potential... I think he will have a nice combine and will rise due to the en vogue tall corner in today's NFL, but if he falls to there in the second round, I would be pumped to scoop him up.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the FA (Sanchez is ok Pick)
But rather have Matthews than Evans But love the 2nd

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 8 Catches 91 Yards
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be fine with that in FA and the draft. Not bad work here.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistic Bengals offseason. You have vinny Rey signing with us but the commentary sounds like he goes to Minnesota. But the draft is very realistic

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Iceman88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very solid for the Titans I love the FA signing of Smith and Moreno....for the draft Lewan is fine but in but in the 2nd give us Dee Ford or Kyle Van Noy (dont need rb that early if we sign moreno)

Props to Kempes ^
mark83

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bortles would be an excellent pick but after that the picks are horrible. We won't draft a RB with the first round pick we got for trading a RB. Alfred Morris was a 6th round pick. Ryan Shazier doesn't fit into a 3-4. Is he am OLB or ILB, because we need an ILB. I know those two players play at Ohio State, but it doesn't mean that Cleveland has to draft them. We have bigger needs at OG and WR. We can get a RB in the 3rd or 4th round and an IL in the 3rd or 4th round we have two picks in both of those rounds.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bears cut Julius Peppers and let Henry Melton walk, they are going to walk away with more than just Randy Starks in free agency.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a fun look through... thanks for your efforts. I doubt SF can and will re-sign both Whitner and Brown... my $$$$ is on Whitner out of the two. Would be pleased to have Boldin back.

The draft? eh... I like Tuitt, so no major complaint. We don't see DL as a strong need though. I like the selection of Jarvis Landry. Not a fan of Robey though... would love to see Jimmie Ward from NIU selected there, since he's available. He can play safety and NCB for us.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat: It's tough to say what teams think of the top tackles. With a draft this apparently top heavy (unlike last year's) it won't be surprising to see most teams stand pat.

ninjapirate: Ealy's best fit is probably the 4-3 based on the player he is now. That said, we've seen countless 4-3 college DEs be converted to 3-4 OLBs.

Patsdood...1: Thanks. I think the Yankey pick comes at my skepticism at the Patriots going with a tight end in the first round. With the Patriots, I always consider how often they change their identity on offense. Although I do believe they will pick one within the first 3 rounds, I don't think they see the value in round one. They seem more of a "first thing's first" type team rather than a draft-for-this type team.

djw4bucs: Evans is a guy I like to get off the board as soon as possible. I think he's a really good player.

Eagles_808: Thanks.

ochocinco4pres: Nice catch, thanks.

Iceman88: That is a valid point.

Iceman88: I think Shazier wouldn't be bad in the 3-4. In terms of need, I have the Browns signing Decker so that crosses R off the early draft list.

tgmxd: I previously had them sign Byrd, but I think he may be tagged. It's tough to tell who else they would target. I'm not hearing a whole lot from them in terms of FA they're targeting but I do plan on adding a few more free agents in my next version.

oldman9er: Interesting. I feel like Whitner may be the odd man out then and Ward would make sense then in the top 2-3 rounds.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so let me get this right........ Cleveland signs Ben Tate in the offseason..... and then takes a 3rd round running back in the first round.

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

ninjaneer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Andre Brown resigns with New York Giants

Andre the Giant...huh huh...huh huh huh huh....
101Raider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent Raider's offseason and draft. Can't complain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: