Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ZS - 2014 NFL Mock Draft #1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeriousSam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: ZS - 2014 NFL Mock Draft #1 Reply with quote

Here is my first mock draft this time we are covering only round 1 with some extra commentary on picks 1-15. If you disagree with a pick tell me why and explain why someone else available at that pick is a better fit for your team. State your case in a civilized manner. I love football but am by no means an expert on every team. Present your case and help change the pick next week when the mock is updated. Likewise, if you agree with a pick state that so that selection stays the same next week. This mock is my belief if the draft happened today, I try to watch as much game tape as a I can but am just one diehard fan. Help me help you. Lets create a wonderful mock together.

Round 1
1. Houston: Blake Bortles QB UCF
Both Teddy and Johnny have size a weight concerns. Plus I think O'Brian will fall in love with Bortles 4th Qtr heroics and ability to shake off bad plays, both he displayed numerous times.

2. St. Louis (via Wash) - Jake Mathews OT Texas A&M
Look at who they play 6 times throughout the year. Pass rusher after pass rusher they need to protect whoever the QB is. In addition, Fisher knows this family and trusts this family specifically Jake's Father.

3. Jacksonville - Jadeveon Clowney - DE SC
OK I know Jax needs a QB but they are not a QB away from major success, they need play makers on both sides of the ball. If you look at Gus Bradley and the way he helped build a team in Seattle and then look at how the Seahawks won the Super Bowl adding a top notch Pass Rusher is huge. Plus, he got a first-hand look at other QBs who will be late 1st early 2nd round guys (Jimmy G. David C.) at the senior bowl.

4. Cleveland - Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M.
Now this seemed a weird typing Manziel with Teddy Touchdown on the board however, while the browns are looking for a QB, they are also looking for a specific type of player. Ones who show toughness, attitude and are absolute gamers. While Teddy is a better overall QB right now, Manziel screams tough gamer and I believe his moxy will push him up their board.

5. Oakland - Teddy Bridgewater QB UL
Oakland jumps for joy! Since Gannon stopped being the Raiders QB it has been a need. As long as he can stay healthy they have one.

6. Atlanta - Kony Early DE Mizzu
Everyone is most likely screaming what? Why not Mack? Well Iíll tell you why. Both will preform extremely well at the combine, the only real difference being that Early will weigh in at aprox 275lbs while being 6'5". That right there is a 3 down starting DE. Mack is amazing and is worthy of this pick but Early fits the system and I believe will be the pick for Atl.

7. Tampa Bay - Sammy Watkins WR
TB is doing back flips over how this draft is unfolding. This pick is only made if they want to give glennon a chance. Because with this added weapon he must succeed.

8. Minnesota - CJ Moesley LB Bama
Go on Minn fans get pissed at me. Thatís ok. But who do you really pick here? Reach for Carr? Pick Mack or Barr, when both are betters fits with 3-4 teams(plus you will prolly sign Michael Johnson)? This is the Luke Kuechly pick. Getting an athletic, smart leader of the defense would be a nice addition for Zimmer. Zimmer knows the value of a tackling machine at linebacker, and Mosely is never leaving the field on 3rd down. Great Value.

9. Buffalo - Anthony Barr OLB UCLA
Yes mack is from buffalo but Barr is a better prospect so Barr is the pick.

10. Detroit - Mike Evans WR Texans A&M
The lions need a number 2 WR. And if any team knows the value of a big strong WR itís the lions. With Evans on the field teams can no longer triple team Calvin J.

11 Tennessee - Eric Ebron TE UNC
Tenn had Evans name ready on their card and then the lions stole their thunder. But the need for offensive weapons still exists. Fill in Ebron.

12 New York Giants - Greg Robinson OT Auburn
If they want to get back to playoffs now, they need to est the run and protect Eli. Greg Robinson does both.

13 St. Louis - Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix S Bama
St. Louis is building a nice group of talent and potential talent. With this pick they can go value... Enter Clinton-Dix

14 Chicago - Justin Gilbert CB OkSt
The bears secondary is getting old youth would be a nice addition.

15 Pittsburgh - Tayler Lewan OT Mich
Like the giants they need to improve their run game and protect their QB if they want to get back to competing for a title.

16 Dallas - Aaron Donald DT Pitt
17 Baltimore - Khalil Mack OLB Buff
18 New York Jets Ė Marquis Lee WR USC
19 Miami - Cyrus Kouandijo OT Bama
20 Arizona - Morgan Moses OT Virginia
21 Green Bay* - Stephan Tuitt DE ND
22 Philadelphia* - Calvin Pyor S UL
23 Kansas City* - Jace Amaro TE TTCH
24 Cincinnati* - Darqueze Denard CB MSU
25 San Diego* - Jason Verrett CB TCU
26 Cleveland - from Indianapolis* - Davonte Adams WR Fres ST
27 New Orleans* - Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU
28 Carolina* - Kevin Benjamin WR FSU
29 New England* - Ra'Shede Hageman DT Minn
30 San Francisco* - Stanley Jean-Bapiste CB Neb
31 Denver* - Bradley Roby CB OSU
32 Seattle* - Odell Beckham Jr WR LSU
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack and Robinson are safer prospects IMO for the Bills

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack would work quite well as the strong side linebacker in a 4-3 defense, which would move Greenway back to weak side linebacker. So I much prefer Mack to Mosley.

theindianstud12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prefer Mack for the Bears
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the player and rationale for the Jaguars are pretty swell, I am not sure you can afford to pass on a guy you believe can be a franchise QB and Teddy is the closest thing you have to a franchise QB in the draft.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
While the player and rationale for the Jaguars are pretty swell, I am not sure you can afford to pass on a guy you believe can be a franchise QB and Teddy is the closest thing you have to a franchise QB in the draft.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gross. We already have 2 RDE's with Datone Jones and Mike Daniels. Rather have Hageman or Pryor.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be pleasantly shocked if Dennard makes it to 24.
ZeriousSam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Mack and Robinson are safer prospects IMO for the Bills

I almost put Robinson in but think Barr is going to blow up the combine and remind people how much of a terror he is for opposing offenses. But will def file this under 1 for Robinson.

ZS
ZeriousSam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theindianstud12 wrote:
Prefer Mack for the Bears

If Mack was drafted earlier would you think CB or go somewhere else with it?

ZS
sandyf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to disagree with the Dallas pick today but when it is all said and done I believe they could pick up Donald in the 2nd round. If, as your mock suggest, that Mack and Lee are available at 16, I suspect Jerry would move down several spots as both would be hot commodities for teams needing a OLB or a WR.

A team like Carolina or SF or Seattle or Denver would overpay to get Lee and a team like Houston who needs a QB and an OLB might overpay to get back in the 1st to get Mack.

Dallas has a bundle of defensive needs so moving down a few spots isn't going to hurt them plus as your 32 suggest their are a number of DTs available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that I think would be just as good as Donald.

Also I think Dallas is going to look DE before DT as it seems their coaching staff is pretty high on getting Crawford and Bass back at DT. I seriously doubt Dallas does anything in free agency but if they do then I wouldn't bet against them signing Henry Melton at DT which basically negates going DT in the 1st.

Good mock and good explanations and like any mock, it is a mock and a lot will change going forward.
ZeriousSam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandyf wrote:
Hard to disagree with the Dallas pick today but when it is all said and done I believe they could pick up Donald in the 2nd round. If, as your mock suggest, that Mack and Lee are available at 16, I suspect Jerry would move down several spots as both would be hot commodities for teams needing a OLB or a WR.

A team like Carolina or SF or Seattle or Denver would overpay to get Lee and a team like Houston who needs a QB and an OLB might overpay to get back in the 1st to get Mack.

Dallas has a bundle of defensive needs so moving down a few spots isn't going to hurt them plus as your 32 suggest their are a number of DTs available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that I think would be just as good as Donald.

Also I think Dallas is going to look DE before DT as it seems their coaching staff is pretty high on getting Crawford and Bass back at DT. I seriously doubt Dallas does anything in free agency but if they do then I wouldn't bet against them signing Henry Melton at DT which basically negates going DT in the 1st.

Good mock and good explanations and like any mock, it is a mock and a lot will change going forward.

Thanks for all the feedback. I agree donald has a chance to fall to the 2nd, and before the senior bowl I had him pegged right in the 2nd round. I had dallas jump on him for his ability to put quick pressure on qbs right up the gut. The combine is Donalds next test lets see how he tests in the underwear Olympics.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, Donald won't fall to the second.
NYG doesn't need a tackle.. They need interior line prospects. Robinson could make a good guard, but I think Mack is the better pick.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Bengals pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be Mack for the Steelers here.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: