Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre-Combine 1 rounder MOCK with explanation.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy with your teams first round pick?
yes
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
no
58%
 58%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 24

KingPress421

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Pre-Combine 1 rounder MOCK with explanation. Reply with quote

FIRST ROUND

1) Houston Texans – Jadeveon Clowney, OLB South Carolina-I believe QB is a bigger need, but Clowney is the BPA and teaming him up with JJ Watt will make for a dominate defense for years to come.
2) St. Louis Rams (via Washington) – Anthony Barr, OLB UCLA- I believe LB is a huge need for the Rams with Dunbar and Witherspoon hitting FA. Some people disagree but I think Barr could excel as a strong side 4-3 LB and play with Laurnititus and Ogletree.
3) Jacksonville Jaguars – Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville- They desperately need a QB, the Blaine Gabbert-Chad Henne experiment is over. Bridgewater is the best QB in the class.
4) Cleveland Browns – Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A&M- Cleveland is a disaster at QB, Hoyer play well but is unproven. I think Owner Jimmy Haslem want a QB that will be the face of the team and bring energy and confidence. The Browns are a young talented team, a good QB could make the into a playoff team.
5) Oakland Raiders – Kony Ealy-DE, Missouri- Many people are going to rip me for this pick. It may be a bit of a reach but Oaklands been known to it before. Ealy is an explosive playmaker who has a good combination of pass rush and run stop abilities
6) Atlanta Falcons – Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M-Matthews is the best OL in the draft, I huge need for the Falcons.
7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Khalil Mack, LB, Buffalo- A very versatile Linebacker who could play well in both the 3-4 and 4-3. I think Lovie Smith would love to build up that defense.
Cool Minnesota Vikings – Blake Bortles, QB UCF- By far the best QB left on the board. Should be no-brainer if he’s available. Freeman, Cassel and Ponder all struggled. They need to find there franchise guy.
9) Buffalo Bills – Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina- Ebron is an offensive playmaker that could help E.J Manual develop.
10) Detroit Lions – Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson- If Watkins falls to Detroit it’ll give them one of the best WR combo in the league. Chances are he won’t last this long though.
11) Tennesee Titans – C.J Mosley, ILB, Alabama- The Titans have two promising young outside linebackers in Zach Brown and Akeem Ayers, but they need a better player than Moise Fokou or Colin McCarthy to lead the group in the middle.
12) New York Giants – Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn- A Steal for the Gaints. A great OT that could help protect Eli.
13) St. Louis Rams – Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan-They desperately need a franchise Left tackle
14) Chicago Bears – Louis Nix, DT Notre Dame-The Bears really struggled at stopping the run. I think Nix could help fix that.
15) Pittsburgh Steelers – Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State- Ike Taylor has been on the decline, When facing Torrey Smith, A.J Green and Josh Gordon in your division you need a lock down CB
16) Baltimore Ravens – Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M- Anquan Boldin was such a big part of the team during their Super Bowl run. I think Mike Evans will have the same affect.
17) Dallas Cowboys Ha-Ha Clinton Dix, S, Alabama- Dallas allowed too many big play of the middle last year.
1Cool New York Jets – Marqise Lee, WR, USC- A very talented WR, if he cans stay healthy it should help Geno Smith develop.
19) Miami Dolphins – Zach Martin, OT, Norte Dame- They may not like the idea of drafting another Linemen named Martin, but they desperately need a linemen after losing Long and Incognito.
20) Arizona Cardinals – Cyrus Kouandjio OT, Alabama- Arizona needs an upgrade at LT and RT. Cyrus is best on board.
21) Green Bay Packers – Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville- A good hard hitting Saftey. M.D Jennings kinda sucks and is a FA.
22) Philadelphia Eagles – Justin Gilbert CB,Oklahoma State-Eagles need secondary help. Gilbert is great at tight man-to man. He can shut down any WR.
23) Kansas City Chiefs – Jace Amaro, TE Texas Tech. A playmaker that will give the an offensive weapon. They had been lacking a TE since Tony Gonzales left.
24) Cincinnati Bengals – Trent Murphy, DE/OLB- a 6-6 LB that can play in the4-3 or 3-4. He is BPA and Bengals have few needs.
25) San Diego Chargers – Justin Verrett, CB, TCU, Haven’t had good CB play all year. Coz may get cut so look for them to draft a CB like Verrett or Kyle Fuller.
26) Cleveland Browns – Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor.- They have a decent Offensive line with Thomas and if they bring back Mack. Shawn Lauvao struggled and is a FA this year.
27) New Orleans Saints – Ryan Shazier LB, The Ohio State- a good Linebacker who can play Inside and out in the Saints 3-4. He would fit beautifully in Rob Ryan’s defense.
2Cool Carolina Panthers – Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State- Another Speedy WR would help Cam push this team farther through the playoffs.
29) New England Patriots – Austin Seferian-Jenkins , TE, Washington- Losing Hernandez and Gronk struggling to stay healthy a TE is a big need. They need more playmakers For Brady. I think the pick will either be WR or TE.
30) San Francisco 49ers – Odell Beckhan Jr. WR, LSU- With Boldin a FA, look for SF to bring in another WR.
31) Denver Broncos – Aaron Donald, DT, Pitt. His stock is rising fast. If he has a good combine look for him to be drafted much higher.
32) Seattle Seahawks – Stephon Tuitt DE, Notre Dame. The defending champs are so deep, they can afford to take BPA.

Ill love to here your comments. Im sure we have different opinions on alot of things. Im working on my other 6 rounds now
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to get a lot of heat about those Barr and Ealy picks. Be prepared. Starting with myself: They're terrible. Wink
On the plus side, solid pick for the Bills.
KingPress421

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm prepared. But I believe Barr and Ealy are both furture stars. and the Rams still can get Lewan and 13 so they can solve 2 needs
KingBishop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Denver pick it's not happening though

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
PatriotBeast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily Donald to the Pats if hes there.. ASJ should not be picked in the first round more like mid second rd
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positive feedback:
1)Teddy Bridgewater is the ideal pick for the Jaguars

Negative feedback:
1) Barr is both not that good and better suited for a 3-4. Him going at 2 seems like both a reach and a waste of a pick by St. Louis
2) Cyril Richardson is NOT a first round pick. While not a bad football player, he got handled pretty bad during Senior Bowl week which is a bit concerning. There are at least 2 guards in the draft more deserving of a first round selection (and frankly I think neither one should go in the first round).
3) Ryan Shazier in a 3-4?1 How do you figure? He should exclusively be considered a 4-3 OLB.
boondock

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Benjamin, feel he's a bit raw and is riding on the coat tails of WInston. I'd probably be OK with him, but wouldn't expect him to contribute in a big way for 1-2 seasons.

Would probably rather have Odell Beckham Jr.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as much as i like the Matthews pick for Atlanta. i highly doubt it will happen. the staff loves Baker. hes atleast gonna be the starter next year. and we also have Holmes. Mack is more than likely gonna be our pick if Clowney is gone. possibly Robinson if the staff decides to play him at RG.
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Beckham for the 49ers; won't play much as a receiver his first year, but his return abilities would really help the team out. I'd be good with this pick for sure.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
KingPress421

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=". 3) Ryan Shazier in a 3-4?1 How do you figure? He should exclusively be considered a 4-3 OLB.[/quote]
I think no doubt he could play ILB in 3-4
Plucky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Shazier in a 3-4 and not even think twice, Cardinal fan here plus we play hybrid
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oakland's OLD REGIME reached. The new regime takes the best player available. Sammy Watkins at 5 all the way.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack for the Falcons or maybe Robinson for RG for the Falcons at 6. Def. prefer Mack though over Robinson if available.

Matthews not really a good choice for us as i think he is a LT at the next level and we are good at LT for the next 2 years atleast as Sam Baker is guaranteed our LT as he just resigned a brand new 6 yr 42 mil contract this season front office likes him alot.

So if you are taking Matthews to be a RT for us i would rather just go with the better RT prospect in Robinson and have him play the position of the o-line we need more in RG where he could be all pro at.

But still Mack at 6 for sure at DE/LB our biggest need in the draft.
101Raider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely hate the Raider's pick, but I think you're prepared to hear that from us. Much prefer Mack or Watkins
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could see Marvin going for Murphy if the top two CBs are gone. We like our DEs tall and lanky.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: