Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

POST-combine 1st-rounder w/explanations.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: POST-combine 1st-rounder w/explanations. Reply with quote

As always, no trades... Smile

#01. HOUSTON: Jadeveon Clowney, DE/OLB, South Carolina.
A superior talent to any QB in this draft, and the risk of NOT taking him appears to far outweigh the risk OF taking him, to put it as simply as I can.

#02. ST. LOUIS: (From Washington.) Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn.
With Jake Long coming back from major knee surgery, Saffold possibly gone as a free agent, and Robinson's potential, this is an EASY selection.

#03. JACKSONVILLE: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville.
There may be bigger names at the QB position, and perhaps prospects with a bit more upside, but this guy is the future starter for the Jaguars.

#04. CLEVELAND: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson.
I think they may trade up for a QB with their 2nd first-rounder, but Watkins is a legitimate top-5 talent who would make their WR corps just deadly.

#05. OAKLAND: Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Buffalo.
Sure, a quarterback will prove tempting, but I view Mack as more of a sure thing, who also plays at a position that the Raiders need some help at.

#06. ATLANTA: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh.
A player like Anthony Barr could receive consideration here, if Mack's gone, but DT is a need, as well, and Donald is a pass-rushing freak of nature.

#07. TAMPA BAY: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M.
A quarterback surely could be in play here, since I don't know if Tampa's sold on Glennon, but Matthews looks like a long-term protection-solution.

#08. MINNESOTA: Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State.
The choosing of Manziel, Bortles, or Carr question now comes into play, but I'm seeing Carr gain momentum, and he has the best arm of them all.

#09. BUFFALO: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan.
Evans or Ebron would also be acceptable choices, but a long-term solution at right tackle (Or, possibly left) would help out their entire offensive unit.

#10. DETROIT: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State.
In a draft THIS deep at the WR position, the Lions can afford to select a partner for Megatron in the 2nd round, while getting the top CB right here.

#11. TENNESSEE: Anthony Barr, DE/OLB, U.C.L.A.
Bit of a risky pick, with Barr's strength and inexperience being perhaps realistic concerns, but his potential makes it worth taking a roll of the dice.

#12. N.Y. GIANTS: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M.
They'll be losing Hakeem Nicks, so this true #1 to pair with Victor Cruz not only cancels that subtraction, but maybe provides an upgrade, as well.

#13. ST. LOUIS: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State.
They've let Finnegan go, so if they have a chance to add maybe THE best cornerback in the draft, I don't think there should be any hesitation to do so.

#14. CHICAGO: Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State.
With Melton's status cloudy, the top two corners gone, and none of the other DT's being worth this high of a pick, Jernigan is a reasonable alternative.

#15. PITTSBURGH: C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama.
Like the Giants, the Steelers are a team that could go maybe a half-dozen different ways in the 1st, but they just released Larry Foote, so it's Mosley.

#16. DALLAS: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville.
Not sure about which way they'd go, but it's almost certainly going to be defense, and after Pryor and Clinton-Dix, there's a clear drop-off at safety.

#17. BALTIMORE: Odell Beckham Jr., WR, L.S.U.
They just inked Pitta to a new deal, so I think they'd pass on Ebron, and team Beckham with Torrey Smith, giving Joe Flacco two absolute burners.

#18. N.Y. JETS: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina.
I can't see their pick as being anything other than an offensive weapon, and a young QB's best friend is a reliable safety-valve tight end, like Ebron.

#19. MIAMI: Zach Martin, OT/OG, Notre Dame.
I expect the Dolphins to make a big push for Branden Albert in free-agency, and then take a guard prospect like Martin, and things are looking up.

#20. ARIZONA: Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida.
Realistically, I doubt that he falls this far, but I don't think he's ready just yet to be a starter in the league, so this would be an ideal training ground.

#21. GREEN BAY: Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama.
The Packers get the second, and last of, the only really elite safety prospects in this class, and he should be a solid starter from day one of his career.

#22. PHILADELPHIA: Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn.
The Eagles could definitely use a quality outside pass-rusher, and Ford's Pro day showed that he has the athletic ability to to provide consistent pressure.

#23. KANSAS CITY: Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State.
Cooks is far from the biggest WR in this class, but he was the fastest, quickest one at the combine, and provides toughness and quality hands, to boot.

#24. CINCINNATI: Jason Verrett, CB, T.C.U.
Needing cornerback help, the Bengals select the best remaining one on the board, not to mention one, whom, if bigger, might've been the best one.

#25. SAN DIEGO: Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame.
Little bit of damaged goods, perhaps, but if Nix was 100% healthy, he'd have gone a lot earlier than this, and quality nose tackles are a rare breed.

#26. CLEVELAND: (From Indianapolis.) Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M.
The QB's in this draft make it hard to put together a decent mock, especially Manziel, but unless he COMPLETELY blows his Pro day, this is his floor.

#27. NEW ORLEANS: Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State.
Tough draft slot for the Saints to be in, especially switching to a 3-4, but even though Shazier isn't your traditional 3-4 OLB, he has wide receiver speed.

#28. CAROLINA: Marquise Lee, WR, U.S.C.
Well, it'd for sure be ABOUT time that the Panthers added some weapons to Cam Newton's arsenal, and Mr. Lee is about as pro-ready as they come.

#29. NEW ENGLAND: Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota.
Has the talent to go a LOT higher than this, despite some underlying issues, and a team like the Patriots would be a great landing spot for Hageman.

#30. SAN FRANCISCO: Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech.
With the luxury of having five picks in the first three rounds, I expect San Francisco to be a major mover come draft day, targeting DB and WR help.

#31. DENVER: Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt.
It's a sad but true reality of free-agency that teams sometimes have to draft for immediate need, but Matthews could be a fine replacement for Decker.

#32. SEATTLE: Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss.
They let Rice go, so what better way to reward your Super-Bowl-winning quarterback than with a new, full-sized, potential #1-type of wide receiver?

Last edited by Suffering_Bills on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:45 am; edited 79 times in total
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is a much better pick. With Clowney off the board, the Jaguars go ahead and take the QB in the class who actually is worth the high pick.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
Now this is a much better pick. With Clowney off the board, the Jaguars go ahead and take the QB in the class who actually is worth the high pick.

Might just work out like this, too.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOT going to happen. Dennard.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:

I KNEW I'd catch some flak for that pick. Very Happy
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:

Changed it for ya. Wink
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather go with a better player (think Louis Nix or Mike Evans)
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Rather go with a better player (think Louis Nix or Mike Evans)

I have Evans as your pick in my original mock, but why on EARTH would you think about another defensive tackle? Confused Especially when Delmas has been released, as I've heard?
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Bengals pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 13 Catches 134 Yards 2 TDs
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
holeman1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: the cards pick Reply with quote

im not high on drafting Carr in the first for the cardinals, especially since there are other talents like Dennard and Ford are on the board that that fit our needs as well
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who you had the bengals taking initially, but judging by the reaction I'm thinking it was Shazier.

I really like Dennard, but I like Gilbert even better. he would be my choice at #24 at this point.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if Anthony Barr is BPA at 9 for Buffalo post combine. Not too mention Barr fills a need as well, but I'm Ok if we got Ebron if Robinson, Matthews, Mack and Barr are of the board.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice...Barr in Big D would be a surprise because he is considered a top 10 pick but Cowboy fans would fall off their bar stools if he is there at #16

Peace
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord that hurts the falconsClowney, Mack, and Robinson gone = worse case scenario for Falcons by far.

If that happens then i PRAY we do a trade down for a team who wants matthews. Even if it's for say #9 to #12 + a 3rd or #13 to #20 + a 2nd

in both scenarios if we got a trade down i would take Aaron Donald at DT or Barr at DE/LB if he fell that far.

With that said you don't have trades and that was more so of a what i would hope we did in real life scneario.

So with no trades allowed i have to accept Matthews reluctantly at a position im not happy about taking that early in OT.

I personaly would still rather have Aaron Donald at DT at 6 in this scenario.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: