Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 Mock - Why Not?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvilma51

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: 2015 Mock - Why Not? Reply with quote

With nothing to do now until the season kicks off, why not look @ 2015!

I don't know a ton about next year's prospect so I went off what I do know and some help from scouting reports online.

1. Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo) – Leonard Williams, DE USC – One of the most dominant players in the country last season. The Browns beef up their front 7 with the pick they acquired from Buffalo.

2. Houston Texans – Marcus Mariota, QB Oregon – The Texans QB situation is a mess and I believe that is what lands them at #2 overall. Savage is a good project, but they cannot pass up on Mariota.

3. Oakland Raiders – Cedric Ogbuehi, OT Texas A&M – They added talent to their front seven with Mack, now they look to add to the other side of the ball. Should think QB here, but with Jameis staying in school, I think Ogbuehi is head and shoulders above any QB prospect at this spot.

4. Detroit Lions – Andrus Peat, OT Stanford – They need to put players around Matt Stafford for him to succeed. After getting him a nice weapon in Ebron, they focus on keeping him upright. Peat may easily be the #1 OT next year, and is a great get for Detroit here.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars – Shilique Calhoun, DE Michigan State – They focused on offense in last year’s draft, getting Blake Bortles and a few receivers to help him along. This year, Coach Bradley gets one of the best in the country and a force off the edge.

6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Randy Gregory, DE Nebraska – This guy is a monster. I believe he will only improve this year, and even get some consideration to go over Calhoun. For now, he goes at #6 to Tampa. Again, no QB worth the pick, so they add to a defensive unit that already has some great potential.

7. Cleveland Browns – Amari Cooper, WR Alabama – Josh Gordon Can’t stay out of trouble, and they needed some WR help even with him on the field. They get the explosive Cooper who will help Johnny Football.

8. Arizona Cardinals – Brett Hundley, QB UCLA – Arizona is the first to reach on a QB. Palmer’s production dramatically dips this year, which lands the Cardinals in the Top 10. They take Hundley to take his place.

9. Dallas Cowboys – Vic Beasley, DE Clemson – After spending three straight first rounders on the O-line, Dallas goes to the other side and starts to help that abysmal defense. Beasley can create Havoc and will add a nice element to the defense.

10. Miami Dolphins – Jaelen Strong, WR Arizona State – Miami needs to help Tannehill as much as they can. They took an offensive lineman this year, so they get someone on the outside. I thought Todd Gurley might be a good choice here, but Miami’s receiving corps is weak and they add a great WR.

11. Cincinnati Bengals – Landon Collins, S Alabama – After getting Dennard to fall into their lap last year, they add another piece to a pretty good secondary in Collins. I think Andy Dalton is the reason they are picking at 11, so Bryce Petty might be an option here. Although, I don’t see him as rated this high.

12. New Orleans Saints – Todd Gurley, RB Georgia – A RB finally gets some top 15 love, and Gurley definitely deserves it. The guy is a beast, and will help out the Saints offense in a great way.

13. New York Giants - Brandon Scherff, OT Iowa – Seems to be some really good lineman this year. The Giants passed on Zach Martin this year to get Eli a weapon. The best way to help him is to add to the O-line, which they do in a great way with Scherff.

14. Kansas City Chiefs – Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB Oregon – The Chiefs might need a replacement for Alex Smith here, but there will be a few good ones in Round 2. Flowers has been performing sub-par and could be gone soon. They add Ekpre-Olomu to their secondary to fill in.

15. Minnesota Vikings – PJ Williams, CB Florida State – The Vikings added a nice piece to the defense with Barr last year, and add another one on the back end. Williams will come in and play opposite of Rhodes, to make the Vikings secondary one of their strengths.

16. St. Louis Rams – Nelson Agholor, WR USC – The Rams did a nice job upgrading the trenches this year, so they add a skill piece next year. Agholor, IMO, will have a breakout year this year, and give whoever the Rams QB is, a nice weapon.

17. Tennessee Titans – Davonte Fields, DE TCU – Everyone thought the Titans were getting a pass rusher in the first round last year, but they decided to go elsewhere. This year, they get Fields, who has top 10 potential, but needs to show some consistency and stay out of trouble.

18. Baltimore Ravens – La’El Collins, OL LSU – Collins is a great talent who can play OT or OG. The Ravens went defense this year, and will get Flacco and Rice some help. Collins can start at OG and either take over for Monroe or kick out to the RT spot.

19. Philadelphia Eagles – Ronald Darby, CB Florida State – The Eagles got a nice pass rusher in Round 1 this year, so they add to the back end of the defense. Their defense still needs a lot of work, but they add a nice piece in Darby.

20. San Diego Chargers – Melvin Gordon III, RB Wisconsin – I believe Phillip Rivers is still a great QB and has a number of years left in him. The best way to take some pressure off him is to add him a nice RB to hand the ball to. Mathews hasn’t been a stud by any means, and Gordon has the potential to do a lot of damage.

21. New York Jets – Cameron Erving, OT Florida State – The Jets added some decent WR options, but could still consider the position here. A pass rusher is also much needed, but Erving is too much value to pass up. He can come in and play RT right away, and eventually take over for D’Brick when he moves on.

22. Chicago Bears – Mario Edwards, DL Florida State – The Bears took Fuller to help their defense this year, and could even go secondary again. They get a nice lineman to add to the front seven, and Edwards can play all over the line.

23. Carolina Panthers – Ty Montgomery, WR Stanford – After getting Cam a weapon in Benjamin this year, the Panthers should look O-line. A number have already come off the board so I think they take a great WR in Montgomery to play alongside Benjamin.

24. Washington Redksins – Dante Fowler, DE Florida – The Redskins need a lot of help on D, and they start with a great pass rusher. Fowler will add to a front seven which is starting to show some promise.

25. Pittsburgh Steelers – Trae Waynes, CB Michigan State – After passing on Dennard this year, they get his counterpart next year. I don’t think they can keep ignoring the CB position.

26. Denver Broncos – Jordan Jenkins, OLB Georgia – The Broncos could go QB here, but I think they might give Osweiller at least a shot. They take a nice OLB to split/replace Ware. Secondary might also be a good idea here.

27. Indianapolis Colts – Jalen Collins, CB LSU – There have been a run on OT and CBs so far. The Colts need to upgrade the defense anyway they can, and they add a nice corner to play opposite of Davis.

28. Atlanta Falcons – Noah Spence, DE Ohio State – A big guy who can play all along the line. After adding to their O-line, the Falcons look to add that interior defender who can, IMO, turn into a star.

29. San Francisco 49ers – Stefon Diggs, WR Maryland – Boldin is getting up there, as is Stevie Johnson. No promise any of them are around next year anyway. They get Diggs who could as the year goes on, make a push to be the #1 WR taken.

30. Seattle Seahawks – Tre Jackson, OG Florida St – The Seahawks beef up the middle of their line to help Beast Mode run the offense. An effective RB is a great way to help along a young QB.

31. Green Bay Packers – Ramik Wilson, LB Georgia – The Packers did a nice job adding to the secondary, and now they get a top 15 talent who slides in Wilson. He will add to an already pretty good LB corps.

32. New England Patriots – Isaac Seumalo, OG Oregon State – Tom Brady still has another year or two left, and they take a nice guard to shore up the offensive line. After adding defense the last few years, I think they look to the offensive side of the ball here.

Props to jgoldiscool
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manuel = Locker
Bills RB > Titans RB
Bills WR > Titans WR
Bills OLine < Titans OLine

Bills DLine > Titans DLine
Bills LB = Titans LB
Bills Secondary = Titans Secondary

I don't see how you have the Bills finishing with the worst record and the Titans as a bubble playoff team. Look we overpaid for Watkins, I get that but let's not be dramatic here.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Manuel = Locker
Bills RB > Titans RB
Bills WR > Titans WR

Bills LB = Titans LB

I don't see how you have the Bills finishing with the worst record and the Titans as a bubble playoff team. Look we overpaid for Watkins, I get that but let's not be dramatic here.

Let's focus on the selections and not the order huh?

And if you think the Bills have no shot in the world of picking #1 overall, you're crazy. I think the Titans have a decent shot of picking #1 as well. It all depends how things play out. I think Locker plays well this year and I don't think Manuel does. It has nothing to do with the Sammy trade, I just think the Bills will own the #1 pick.

Props to jgoldiscool
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jvilma51 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Manuel = Locker
Bills RB > Titans RB
Bills WR > Titans WR

Bills LB = Titans LB

And if you think the Bills have no shot in the world of picking #1 overall, you're crazy. I think the Titans have a decent shot of picking #1 as well. It all depends how things play out. I think Locker plays well this year and I don't think Manuel does. It has nothing to do with the Sammy trade, I just think the Bills will own the #1 pick.

Ok than Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
jvilma51 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Manuel = Locker
Bills RB > Titans RB
Bills WR > Titans WR

Bills LB = Titans LB

Ok than Rolling Eyes

He's a Jets fan. Jets fans realistically think they're Superbowl champions before the season starts.

candyman93

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Amari Cooper pick, but Clevelands biggest strength is d-line. Is Leonard Williams a potential monster? He'd have to be in order to justify that selection.

Cooper - A+
Williams - ????
jvilma51

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Love the Amari Cooper pick, but Clevelands biggest strength is d-line. Is Leonard Williams a potential monster? He'd have to be in order to justify that selection.

Cooper - A+
Williams - ????

Although it isn't super extensive at this point, all the research I've done points to Williams as not only the best Dlineman, but the best overall prospect at this point in the draft. Monster is a word I would use to describe him. Kind of like Houston this past year. Didn't really NEED Clowney, but the talent was just too good to pass up.

Props to jgoldiscool
Robbroy45

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right position for the Vikes, but I'd rather see them get Darby than Williams

Heimdallr wrote:
Watching the game with two pcers fans.

Beer s good
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jvilma51 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Cooper - A+
Williams - ????

Although it isn't super extensive at this point, all the research I've done points to Williams as not only the best Dlineman, but the best overall prospect at this point in the draft. Monster is a word I would use to describe him. Kind of like Houston this past year. Didn't really NEED Clowney, but the talent was just too good to pass up.

If he's too good to pass up on, I can't hate the pick! The Cooper pick alone make this a great draft honestly.
jvilma51

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
jvilma51 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Manuel = Locker
Bills RB > Titans RB
Bills WR > Titans WR

Bills LB = Titans LB

Ok than Rolling Eyes

He's a Jets fan. Jets fans realistically think they're Superbowl champions before the season starts.

Right...because I slotted the Jets at #32 right?

If you polled every single person on here and asked if they thought the Bills had a shot at owning the #1 pick, I'm willing to bet the majority would say they have a shot. I love how fans hate it when people mock them with the first pick. Someone's gotta own it, and I think the Bills might. Could the Jets have #1 overall? Absolutely! If Vick gets hurt and Geno doesn't get any better and the defense isn't as good as last year, I can absolutely see the Jets at #1. MY OPINION of how the season will play out, is listed above.

And I've read numerous mods sat that posters should refrain from arguing about the # selection so much as the player picked. And if that's the case, I wouldn't expect many comments from Bills fans seeing as you don't have one.

Props to jgoldiscool
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First round LEO seems like a good direction for the Jags.
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect pick for Minnesota

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like Collins, but as you point out, if we are picking that high it is because of poor QB play. Dont love Petty as a prospect so I am ok with Collins.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
bosko1616

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly if buffalo ends up with the number one pick which I don't see happening but if the do I would hope one of the QBs lights the world on fire and we trade it for the highest bidder much like the RG3 trade. Love the cooper pick tho

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
First round LEO seems like a good direction for the Jags.

Agreed, I havent looked at many guys at all, but in general terms we need to look DL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: