Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Hump Day Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Post Hump Day Draft Reply with quote

This draft was done from my early big board. Thats why you will see some players higher or lower than your opinion. My top 32 will be posted at the end.

1.Cleveland-Leonard Williams||DE||USC
-The FO wont give up on their new QB quite yet, and a hole will open up with the pending free agency of Rubin.
2.Tennessee-Jaemis Winston||QB||Florida State
-Jake Locker is not the QB of the future, especially with a new coach. Mettenberger doesnt even factor in the decision.
3.Tampa Bay-Randy Gregory||DE||Nebraska
-It would be a reach for a QB here, so they take a end who can replace Clayborn, who is a free agent.
4.Miami-Amari Cooper||WR||Alabama
-The offensive line was the focus this offseason, so the next priority should be to get Tannehill some weapons.
5.Washington-Ronald Darby||CB||Florida State
-The board doesnt quite match the needs of the team, so instead of potentially reaching for a player, they take the top corner to bolster the secondary.
6.Cleveland(Buffalo)-Ty Montgomery||WR||Stanford
-Even if Josh Gordon doesnt get into any more trouble, they will need another receiver across from him.
7.Detroit-Andrus Peat||OT||Stanford
-Peat is easily BPA, and he can be plugged into the starting lineup from day one and be a force.
8.Oakland-Cedric Ogbuehi||OT||Texas A&M
-Oakland can go BPA here with so many needs, it just so happens that left tackle is a spot that can be upgraded.
9.Jacksonville-DeVonte Fields||OLB/DE||TCU
-Gus Bradley gets his LEO in Fields. A pretty easy pick with the board that is given.
10.Dallas-Landon Collins||SS||Alabama
-The secondary has been somewhat of a problem for the Boys, and Collins is one of the best safety prospects in years.
11.Kansas City-Marcus Mariota||QB||Oregon
-There is uncertainty with Alex Smith. Mariota is a slight reach here, but he can step in if Smith is not retained.
12.Minnesota-La'el Collins||OG||LSU
-Left Guard has been a trouble spot for Minnesota the past few years, and Collins is one of the better interior line prospects in the past few drafts.
13.Carolina-Ifo Ekpre-Olomu||CB||Oregon
-The Panthers can go a couple of different ways here, but upgrading Antone Cason should be a priority.
14.Indianapolis-PJ Williams||CB||Florida State
-Indy needs a lot of help in their back seven, and Williams is close to BPA at this point, and can start opposite Vontae Davis.
15.Cincinnati-Ramik Wilson||ILB||Georgia
-I almost went with a defensive end here, but Rey Maualuga is a free agent, and they will need to replace his production and leadership in the middle.
16.Arizona-Vic Beasley||OLB||Clemson
-A pretty easy pick. John Abraham and Sam Acho are both free agents, and Arizona needs an upgrade at the pass rush position.
17.Chicago-Brandon Schreff||OT|||Iowa
-This is a tough spot for the Bears. Their defensive needs do not match up with the board, and Jordan Mills can be upgraded.
18.San Francisco||Ellis McCarthy||DE/DT||UCLA
-The 49ers conceivably hit a lot of their needs in the 2014 draft. A corner would be ideal, but there is no player worthy, and depth at the defensive line is needed.
19.Baltimore-Mike Matthews||C||Texas A&M
-Ozzie loves going BPA, and Matthews is just that. He can also step into the middle of the offensive line and upgrade Zuttah.
20.Philadelphia-Mario Edwards||DE||Florida State
-Cedric Thornton is a free agent, and the Eagles could use an upgrade along their defensive front. Edwards brings a lot of versatility.
21.Houston-Connor Cook||QB||Michigan State
-Tom Savage is not the answer at QB for this team, and Cook is just the type of QB that O'Brien would drool over.
22.Atlanta-Todd Gurley||RB||Georgia
-Gurley should go much higher, but the position just isnt valued anymore. He will step in for Steven Jackson, who will be gone from Atlanta after 2014.
23.San Diego-Stefon Diggs||WR||Maryland
-A trade back would be ideal for the Chargers, so they could grab a center or guard because they will be losing starters at both spots to free agency. Instead they stay here and take a compliment for Allen.
24.St Louis-DeVante Parker||WR||Louisville
-Chris Givens and Kenny Britt are both free agents, and a playoff birth will hush the talk of replacing Bradford for now, and you can never have enough weapons.
25.NY Jets-Brett Hundley||QB||UCLA
-Geno Smith is not the quarterback of the future, and Michael Vick is a free agent. It just so happens that a quarterback falls into their laps.
26.NY Giants-Melvin Gordon||RB||Wisconsin
-David Wilson has been a bust so far, and Rashad Jennings is not a feature back. Melvin Gordon will bring balance back to the offense.
27.New England-Devin Funchess||TE||Michigan
-The Patriots were very successful when they had Gronkowski and Hernandez on the field in 2 tight end sets. They can be again with the top tight end prospect, Devin Funchess, who has a similar playing style to Hernandez.
28.New Orleans-Jordan Jenkins||OLB||Georgia
-The team got great output from Junior Galette this past season, but Parys Haralyson can easily be upgraded. Jenkins has a disappointing season in 2013, but I expect a big rebound in 2014, closer to what he did in his freshman campaign.
29.Seattle-Shilique Calhoun||DE||Michigan State
-Cliff Avril is a free agent after 2014, and Seattle loves to rotate their defensive linemen. Calhoun can step into the LEO position right away, giving the team another defensive weapon.
30.Pittsburgh-Danny Shelton||NT||Washington
-Pittsburgh is in the process of revamping their defense, which is getting older. They touched on the defensive end and inside linebacker spot in 2014, but they need an anchor in the middle, and thats where big bodied Shelton comes in.
31.Green Bay-Denzel Perryman||ILB||Miami
-The Packers are another team that have spent a number of recent draft picks to remake their defense. They still havent gotten around to upgrading the inside linebacker position. Perryman is a little undersized, but he should fit in, in the Green Bay system.
32.Denver-Karl Joseph||FS||West Virginia
-Rahim Moore is a free agent after the 2014 season. He has had an up and down career in Denver that has been hampered with injuries. If he is not retained, then free safety becomes a top priority.

My big board
1.Andrus Peat||OT||Stanford
2.Leonard Williams||DE||USC
3.Amari Cooper||WR||Alabama
4.Randy Gregory||DE/OLB||Nebraska
5.Jaemis Winston||QB||Florida State
6.Todd Gurley||RB||Georgia
7.Cedric Ogbuehi||OT||Texas A&M
8.DaVonte Fields||OLB/DE||TCU
9.Ronald Darby||CB||Florida State
10.Ty Montgomery||WR||Stanford
11.Landon Collins||SS||Alabama
12.La'el Collins||OG||LSU
13.Brandon Schreff||OT||Iowa
14.Melvin Gordon||RB||Wisconsin
15.Ifo Ekpre-Olomu||CB||Oregon
16.Mike Matthews||C||Texas A&M
17.PJ Williams||CB||Florida State
18.Vic Beasley||OLB||Clemson
19.Mario Edwards||DE||Florida State
20.Ellis McCarthy||DT/NT||UCLA
21.Shilique Calhoun||DE||Michigan State
22.Marcus Mariota||QB||Oregon
23.Ramik Wilson||ILB||Georgia
24.Connor Cook||QB||Michigan State
25.Stefon Diggs||WR||Maryland
26.Jordan Jenkins||OLB||Georgia
27.Michael Bennett||DT||Ohio State
28.Devin Funchess||TE||Michigan
29.Brett Hundley||QB||UCLA
30.Spencer Drango||OT||Baylor
31.Danny Shelton||NT||Washington
32.Mike Davis||RB||South Carolina

#JDI
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guard isn't a need for the Vikings assuming David Yankey works out, and we have plenty of other options if he doesn't.

Give the Vikings either of the CB's that went in the next two picks.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
Guard isn't a need for the Vikings assuming David Yankey works out, and we have plenty of other options if he doesn't.

Give the Vikings either of the CB's that went in the next two picks.

See, I dont mind people being optimistic about late round picks. Im going to do the same with the Falcons, but Yankey was a 5th round pick for a reason. To actually think he will come in and be a contributor right away, is a little far fetched.

My philosophy for drafts this early is that anything past the 2nd or maybe the 3rd is fair game, which means, if you draft a player in the 1st or 2nd, then Im not going to hit that need in my draft, but anything after that is fair game, unless its one of the first couple of picks of the 3rd round, and they were thought of as 2nd round picks.

Now to the pick. I totally see where you are coming from wanting a CB, but my personal philosophy, and one I go by, unless the team has an established philosophy, is that when you have a young QB(Bridgewater), you do whatever is necessary to surround him with the talent to succeed. The RB is there. There is enough receiving talent(WR/TE), and you have nice tackles. So I went with the teams weak spot(LG) since I have Collins very highly rated.

#JDI
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bengals are picking 14th I would guess it is because of poor QB play. Give us Hundley there

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
If the Bengals are picking 14th I would guess it is because of poor QB play. Give us Hundley there

I have Cincy in a big logjam with teams that are around 7-9 or 8-8. It just so happens I put them 14th. They could just as easily be 16th or 17th, and I doubt that would be enough for Mike Brown to get rid of Dalton.

If I were to go QB, then it would be Cook not Hundley, since I have Cook rated much higher.

#JDI
green24

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing you think Vick starts for the Jets and leads them to the playoffs? If that's the case, I think we would probably go with the Vick/Geno combo again in 2015.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like you're not too high on him, but I'd probably go with Cam Erving there for Carolina. Corner is definitely a high possibility too, though.
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Dante Fowler.....

You really don't view him as one of the best 32?
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns have John Hughes and Billy Winn to replace Rubin more than fine. The only reason Rubin even walks is because of our depth, not because of money. If we are THAT bad it would be a safe bet our pass rush sucked.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need defense, you gave us defense. Fine with me

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like I posted in the other mock, I would hate being that bad to pick that high, but that OL would be so good Laughing
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I'm guessing you think Vick starts for the Jets and leads them to the playoffs? If that's the case, I think we would probably go with the Vick/Geno combo again in 2015.

I'm to the point now to where no matter who the QB is, Rex will find a way. He's just too good of a coach. 9 wins last year plus CJ, Decker, and Amaro on offense, and I think that no matter who the QB is, this team will be successful. A Mike Vick/Brett Hundley stable in 2015 is nice, especially since Vick will b creeping towards his mid-30s.

#JDI
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears have Aaron Kromer as our Oline coach…he is the best in the business at taking later round picks and turning them into starting quality linemen…Mills played well enough last season that we won’t be looking to draft a RT that highly…Dante Fowler or Michael Bennett would be better picks if we go Dline.
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Seems like you're not too high on him, but I'd probably go with Cam Erving there for Carolina. Corner is definitely a high possibility too, though.

Erving is #33 currently on my BB. Definitely not as high on him as others, but it's still get early.

I was 50/50 between Ekpre-Olomu and Schreff. Both could be upgraded at that spot. I just thought CB was slightly more of a need.

#JDI
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
No Dante Fowler.....

You really don't view him as one of the best 32?

Nope, and before you say I'm slighting a Gator because I'm a Georgia fan, I do have legitimate concerns about him. I like his athleticism, and overall game, but I honestly don't think he has the speed for a top flight end. I will say this, if this was the 2014 draft, then he would have been a 1st round pick, but end is soo freakin deep this year. I have 3 top 10 players right now from the position. Calhoun is close to top 20. Then there is seniors in Cedric Reed from Texas and Ray Drew from Georgia. Both had very good years in 2013, and only should get better this year. Plus Drew is the 2nd best 34 end behind Edwards ATM.

But, this is May. A lot of things will change in a year. Fowler definitely has talent, and he is a guy that I could see fly up boards during the season.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: