Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Hump Day Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Browns have John Hughes and Billy Winn to replace Rubin more than fine. The only reason Rubin even walks is because of our depth, not because of money. If we are THAT bad it would be a safe bet our pass rush sucked.

You've named 3 players that are ok. Compare that to one of the best 34 end prospects in years. I think it's safe to say Williams will get the vote.

#JDI
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Just like I posted in the other mock, I would hate being that bad to pick that high, but that OL would be so good Laughing

Get a new coach, and come back to me Smile

It really is simple as that with me. Detroit has talent, but I absolutely hate your new coach. He might prove me wrong. I kind of hope his does since I'm a Stafford fan, but I can't bank on it. Plus, it might be worth getting the best OT prospect in years.

#JDI
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
The Bears have Aaron Kromer as our Oline coach…he is the best in the business at taking later round picks and turning them into starting quality linemen…Mills played well enough last season that we won’t be looking to draft a RT that highly…Dante Fowler or Michael Bennett would be better picks if we go Dline.

And everywhere I looked, Mills was awful, and as I said, I go by my board, and there is no way I'm personally going to reach that far back for a player that's not a QB.

#JDI
AQuintus

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
but Yankey was a 5th round pick for a reason.

And the reason is that he's a Guard. You don't need to draft Guards early. You DO need to draft CBs early. Give the Vikings a CB.
Gmen

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to be picking that late in the draft again. But, our last two first round running backs were Ron Dayne and David Wilson, both busts. I think we should stay away from RB in the first for a while.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Browns have John Hughes and Billy Winn to replace Rubin more than fine. The only reason Rubin even walks is because of our depth, not because of money. If we are THAT bad it would be a safe bet our pass rush sucked.

You've named 3 players that are ok. Compare that to one of the best 34 end prospects in years. I think it's safe to say Williams will get the vote.

Also forgot our best d-linemen in Desmond Bryant.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of Dallas going S, but we need a FS who can play single high cover safety and ballhawk - we have enough "in the box" guys who can thump

Sig courtesy of mack.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Just like I posted in the other mock, I would hate being that bad to pick that high, but that OL would be so good Laughing

Get a new coach, and come back to me Smile

It really is simple as that with me. Detroit has talent, but I absolutely hate your new coach. He might prove me wrong. I kind of hope his does since I'm a Stafford fan, but I can't bank on it. Plus, it might be worth getting the best OT prospect in years.
That's understandable. To be honest I hated the Caldwell hire at first, but hearing his analysis of Stafford and hearing that he already had plans to improve him pretty much once he got hired has me optimistic. I think his "style" fits our team, because our offense needs to be more focused and our defense needs to be more controlled. Both are things he should be able to improve upon over how Jim Schwartz coached this team. Honestly, I don't even think he has to be a great coach. We have a great coaching staff around him, so all he has to do is make solid gameplans, keep the team in check, and make sure Stafford is always put into a situation where he can play up to his talents.

Honestly, I almost feel like it's a guarantee Stafford will improve. So far into his career, he hasn't one single coach that could develop him properly (Jim Schwartz is clueless about offensive development, Scott Linehan needs a veteran QB who's already developed because he can't develop a QB, and whoever the hell the QB coach used to be was worthless as well because he couldn't even produce a solid backup for us). Now he has Jim Caldwell at head coach who has worked with Peyton Manning, maybe Andrew Luck (not sure if he was fired there yet), and Joe Flacco. He has Joe Lombardi at offensive coordinator who has worked with Drew Brees the past 5 years who got great reviews by Sean Payton and Drew Brees. And he also now has Jim Bob Cooter (lol) at QB coach who has recently worked with Peyton Manning in Denver (and yes, apparently we will be using "Omaha" in the offense). He will go from having no coach worth a damn to three who should all be able to positively impact his game.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
The Bears have Aaron Kromer as our Oline coach…he is the best in the business at taking later round picks and turning them into starting quality linemen…Mills played well enough last season that we won’t be looking to draft a RT that highly…Dante Fowler or Michael Bennett would be better picks if we go Dline.

And everywhere I looked, Mills was awful, and as I said, I go by my board, and there is no way I'm personally going to reach that far back for a player that's not a QB.

I’m guessing you weren’t looking at every Bears game like I was then…Mills was solid enough for a rookie starter…firstly I would expect a jump in year two and secondly Phil Emery isn’t taking a RT that highly…Fowler wouldn’t be a reach at that point and even if you were sticking to your board Mario Edwards would be a better pick.
BrownsDog23

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I agree with the pick because other than Bryant non of those guys are good pass rushers,
Nobody

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Indy's picking that high its for a reason and if that reason is CB so be it

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownsDog23 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I agree with the pick because other than Bryant non of those guys are good pass rushers,

Billy Winn would be if he got more snaps. The other guys are elite run defenders. Justify why you would take Leonard over Randy Gregory. Kruger / Sheard / Mingo sure as hell didn't give us a whole lot.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistically if Miami Dolphins are #4 in the draft they wouldnt worry about getting Trannehill a weapon they would be focusing on replacing him with a rookie QB. New coach would be in if they were that bad, which likely means he is gone as well. They have Mike "Divo" Wallace and Brian Phartline two capable receivers to add cooper and not fix the real problem at QB would be bad for the phins organization.

I also find it hard to believe that the Cleveland Browns land the #1 pick even without Gordon they have a solid defense that can carry them to some wins where I dont even know what the Jags or Texans are doing. Yes they landed Bortles but they have so many issues all over the board on both sides of the ball. 2 rookie Wr will be tough. Then the texans they landed Clowney but he will not be throwing the ball on offense. So you have Fitzdipstick and Savage as your QBs even with an aging Andre Johnson they will struggle on that offense.

Thanks Max
Danish49ers

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the 49ers should be picking at #18, then I am sure they'll pick the highest rated player on your board: Mario Edwards Jr. or maybe Shilique Calhoun.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't mind getting Leanard Williams. He would bring some pass rush from 3'4 def. end. The pick could be Randy Gregory if he can play o.l.b.

In actuality if Browns are picking top 2 someone will trade up for Winston or Mariotti.

Wide receiver is fine with the pick we got from Buffalo.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: