Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Hump Day Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
See, I dont mind people being optimistic about late round picks. Im going to do the same with the Falcons, but Yankey was a 5th round pick for a reason. To actually think he will come in and be a contributor right away, is a little far fetched.

That is fair, but we also have Charlie Johnson (starter for the last two years) and Jeff Baca (looked very good last year) competing for the spot. Between those two and Yankey I would think we would be able to find one serviceable starter.

If they all struggle this year a LG could be a need, but I just don't see the positional value in drafting a guard high in the 1st round. Unless there is a truly elite player (see: Greg Robinson) that projects to be a HOF-caliber guard I would rather take someone who will have more of an impact.

The third issue is a just don't really see La'el as BPA at that point. He doesn't have the elite attributes that would make him worthy of a high first round pick as a guard. If a team has a need for a LT and thinks he is a good fit there then I could see it, but not as a guard.

It definitely wouldn't be the worst pick in the world for the Vikings to take a guard if it is a large need and that is their highest rated player on the board; but I would just prefer a defensive back. The defense is a hot mess right now and we need people who can cover in the worst way.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want anything to do with a rapist and crab leg thief. Mariota should be the pick.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles will have the cap rom after Ryans, Cole, Cary Williams, and others are cut. We need corners and an Inside backer more that a 5-technique.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
The Eagles will have the cap rom after Ryans, Cole, Cary Williams, and others are cut. We need corners and an Inside backer more that a 5-technique.

Yeah I doubt we let our best defensive player walk.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
ninjaneer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course its way too early to say too much about who goes where and this team needs that, but I cant envision a scenario where the Cowboys pass up a QB like Mariota in 2015...and if you dont like him, insert Hundley...
Kyu

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a huge fan of Hundley as I think he has quite a ways to go as a passer.

If Geno falls on his face but Vick is able to lead us to the playoffs, I believe we may look to fortify elsewhere and grab a QB later.

Personally, I feel that the 2nd tier after Mariota and Winston has quite a drop off in talent and don't feel they are worthy of a 1st round pick.

With that said, I think OG, WR, CB, LB, and QB, in no order will probably be our need areas next year.
green24

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyu wrote:
With that said, I think OG, WR, CB, LB, and QB, in no order will probably be our need areas next year.

I think our biggest needs will be LT, ILB, and OLB. QB is obviously up in the air as well.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming he gets over his drop and concentration issues, I'd prefer Funchess to Diggs. Allen, Green, and Funchess is so drool worthy.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
boondock

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the D just falls a part this year for Carolina, I think that OT Brandon Schreff would be the pick here. That spot was something we did not address thoroughly this off season at all.

Not saying CB wouldn't be the pick, but just think that we focus more on an OT this year. Also wouldn't rule out another offensive playmaker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: