Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Holeman1's Way Too Late 2015 Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

what do you think of the 2015 draft class?
better than the 2014 draft class
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
about the same as the 2014 draft class
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Weaker than the 2014 draft class / on Par with the 2013 Draft Class
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Browns selecting Winston and disagree with your thoughts on Johnny Manziel.

I definately think Gurley, Yeldon and Gordon will be 1st round picks

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Holeman1's Way Too Late 2015 Mock Reply with quote

Just don't see the value in Funchess. Is Antonio Gates fading and likely either retiring or being let to walk when his current contract runs up? Yes. But Ladarius Green has been groomed behind him for two seasons now, already showed flashes last season, and is poised (and expected by many, not just Chargers fans) to unfurl a breakout season in 2014. Not to mention, this really isn't that strong of a TE class in 2015.

Would be difficult seeing them pass on Collins there, given that he fits the mold of the big, athletic dancing bear that Joe D'Alessandris covets on the OL and could possibly deputize at guard if they opt to hold onto King Dunlap on an extension. I could honestly see Telesco pulling the trigger on a modest jump up to Houston or St. Louis' spot to secure Scherff if he got that close to our pick. Also think Cameron Fleming (who seems to have been utterly forgotten these days) is at least a fringe 1st-rounder who could draw consideration (far more likely that OT's get overvalued before RB's are).

Also, the Jets defense is literally going to have to fall off a cliff (as they're deeper than Houston's was last season) AND couple with the offense horrifically floundering for them to be picking #1 overall. If Eli doesn't turn things around, I'd honestly say the Giants are a more likely #1 overall contender than the Jets are - the Jets have more on defense (and a better defensive coach who has shown he can work with lesser talent) to fall back on.
Danish49ers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I surely hope the 9ers would pick CB Ronald Darby, FSU in this scenario.
holeman1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the feed back. i know i am a bit high on this years RB class but i think it is definitely going to contain at least a couple RB's that will go in the first round.

Keep 'em Coming!

John Brown, Rookie WR, Arizona Cardinals
2014 NFL Season Stat Tracker:
37 REC, 529 YDS, 14.3 AVR, 5 TDs
Game Winning TDs: 3

Last edited by holeman1 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holeman1 wrote:
thanks for the feed back. i know i am a bit high on this years RB class but i think it is definitely going to contain at least a couple RB's.

Keep 'em Coming!

To me, it has less to do with the quality of the back (unless we're talking another Adrian Peterson) and far more to do with the general devaluation of the position in the present state of the league. Having a runner under contract for that 5th year just simply isn't that high of a priority for teams - especially with the going-rate for starting quality veteran runners (guys who have already proven themselves as productive and, as is extremely important in the modern league, effective pass-blockers/catchers) is ~$3m/yr.

It's just simply not a position that's valued highly enough - hence why we haven't seen one selected in the 1st round in two years.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw it Holeman none of them want a RB i the 1st round then by god i'll take Gurley to the Falcons and be damn proud of it. Also as much as i dislike Manziel as a QB their is absolutely no way they take another QB that high 1 year later. It's just not possible as you have to give a 1st round QB that is loved by the city it seems and liked alot by the teams front office and coaches more than 1 year to prove himself. If anything you know for a fact they would probably give Manziel a weapon or lineman to help him out.

You did that pick based on your hatred alone for Manziel and not based on how the nfl really works Smile For me i like it but for realism it's not legit Razz
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not big on a RB to Miami. I like PJ Williams as a free safety prospect. Maybe a QB there if RT17 doesn't improve. I like the idea of a tradeback for Perryman, too.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure shaq thompson would have a position on the eagles defense, but he is an interesting prospect.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
XSsoCX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Trojan I would have a hard time cheering for Hundley, but quarterback may just be the pick, that or defensive end.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: