Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers, QB Colin Kaepernick reach a 6-year, $126M extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WorldChampsHawk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good deal for both sides
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is overpaid but it is market value so any QB in the Top-15 will be overpaid to a certain extent. Isnt the per year rate like 1/6 of salary cap?

I'm curious how good teams will be able to keep their established talent while paying their QBs 16% of their salary cap. I know you can draft guys and they get paid much cheaper but you never know what you have with them. Baalke knows what he is doing. I'm curious what happens when Luck, RG3, Wilson and Cam get paid

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQXzC67L93A

how many guys in the NFL can make that throw? 3?

A lot more than 3.

Just off the top of my head:

Rodgers
Brady
Vick
Flacco
Cutler

Pretty much any QB with arm strength. Hell, I'm sure Josh Freeman could do that, too!

I dont think brady nor vick could make a throw like that at this point in their careers.

flacco cutler and kaep were the three I was thinking. Rodgers probably could as well. So 4.

outside of that there are probably a handful of guys who could make a throw similar to that one but I dont think they deserve to be mentioned with those 4 when it comes to deep throws. I believe those 4 have the best deep balls in the game.

considering your list was only off of the top you should try searching to the bottom of that small head of yours to come up with some better names to disprove this. I know you hate kaep and the team he plays for and its kind of a joke how much you hate on kaep when most niners fans have nothing but respect for wilson.

considering that neither were first round picks you could consider them diamonds in the rough. Wilson is a really nicely cut and polished stone with absolutely perfect clarity, however he was passed over by future grooms because he is a relatively small diamond despite the fact hes over a carat. meaning that structurally he is a nearly flawless diamond. Kaepernick however is that huge yellow diamond the size of your fist that is so large it takes years just to cut, polish and set but once it is done, it will shine like nothing you have ever seen before. he is the type of diamond that could be on display in a museum in 50 years as the centerpiece of a collection if it is cut and polished correctly. Wilson in my eyes will always be on some rich guy's wife's finger, and she will be very happy with him until the day he retires. but is he a diamond that will be on display in a museum? I dont think so

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfundle wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
I keep seeing that where we were #30 in passing yards last year, which I believe is an inaccurate representation of our aerial attack. What these stats dont take into account is that in all of kaeps best games during the regular season, we were up by multiple scores before halftime and then stopped passing the ball. kaep would have a great game, but it wouldnt show up on the stat sheet. The houston game is one example of this, we won the game by 40 points and kaep only passed for 113 yards.

That is literally the worst example you could have used to defend Kaepernick. He passed for 68 yards and a TD in the fourth quarter, which meant that San Francisco went up 24-3 with Kaepernick only contributing 59 yards in the first three quarters. Even Wilson hasn't had it that easy in a game.

The point wasnt to insinuate that he is the reason the 49ers are good but rather that the 49ers are so good that it can sometimes make his stats look bad. The point I was making was that if you are looking at his ypg and other metrics like that you are going to severely underestimate the impact on the game that kaep had. he was very efficient in our blow outs and some games it looked like the coaching staff wanted to coast to victory instead of really put a beat down on people. we would stop being aggressive on offense and would just try and run the clock out in the 3rd quarter because we were up by so much against certain teams.

basically a lot of his big games get cancelled out statistically by these games when he was not required to pass the ball a lot for us to win, yet we still smashed on teams. if he had ~100 yards in a loss like he did against carolina this year, then yes, you could say that its a statistically relevant game to evaluate in terms of what kind of impact he actually had, but when you look at his season stats they look very underwhelming because of games like the texans game when he easily could have put up big stats but didnt - which I believe would render that game statistically irrelevant and not including it would give you a more accurate sample size relative to his actual ability

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
Perfundle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
The point wasnt to insinuate that he is the reason the 49ers are good but rather that the 49ers are so good that it can sometimes make his stats look bad. The point I was making was that if you are looking at his ypg and other metrics like that you are going to severely underestimate the impact on the game that kaep had. he was very efficient in our blow outs and some games it looked like the coaching staff wanted to coast to victory instead of really put a beat down on people. we would stop being aggressive on offense and would just try and run the clock out in the 3rd quarter because we were up by so much against certain teams.

basically a lot of his big games get cancelled out statistically by these games when he was not required to pass the ball a lot for us to win, yet we still smashed on teams. if he had ~100 yards in a loss like he did against carolina this year, then yes, you could say that its a statistically relevant game to evaluate in terms of what kind of impact he actually had, but when you look at his season stats they look very underwhelming because of games like the texans game when he easily could have put up big stats but didnt - which I believe would render that game statistically irrelevant and not including it would give you a more accurate sample size relative to his actual ability

I don't think anything you are arguing here goes against driftwood's contention that "I don't think opposing QBs treat Kaep with the same attention that they do guys like Rodgers or Brady. The 49ers just simply do not lean on Kaepernick is much as the other highly paid QBs are leaned on by their teams. They are primarily a running team." His entire point is that if the 49ers are so good that they often don't need his contributions to win big, why do they need to paid him that much. Of course, after the details were announced, the contract looks a lot better for the team now.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfundle, you were wondering if other young QBs will set their contracts like this one? Well, Newton wants NO part of a deal like Kap's Laughing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This commercial pretty much sums up this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ttsx5squWg

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
Perfundle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Perfundle, you were wondering if other young QBs will set their contracts like this one? Well, Newton wants NO part of a deal like Kap's Laughing.

On the other hand, Dalton sounds like he's willing to do a similar deal. Of course, he's in more danger of being cut than Newton, and Newton has the disadvantage of seeing his FO seemingly doing all it can to sabotage his play this season, so a performance-based contract doesn't look particularly enticing at this time.
be WARE94

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darnell wrote:
Even as a Hawks fan I really can't jump on the 49ers on this one.

You couldn't not retain Kap; and this is the price of business for a good young qb at the moment.

Same thing is going to happen with Luck, Wilson and Newton - only it might be more because it is a year later.

this is pretty much how everyone should be looking at it.....every new 100+ mill deal that isn't handed to one of the big 4(and heck they are getting so up there in years i could even see people questioning them getting 100 mill at this point) is going to seem ridiculous....last off season it was Flacco/Romo now it's Cutler and Kaep....2-3 years ago it was Schaub.....you need good/above average QB play at this point to even really compete so everyone needs to get over it and accept that NO team is going to let a talented QB walk unless they have the 1st pick and a Manning/Luck type prospect falls into there laps...Dalton will get paid...Cam/Luck/Wilson/RG3(if he returns to rookie form obvi) are going to SHATTER records with there respective deals....pretty soon over half the GM's in the league are going to be considered "idiots" by the armchair GM's on footballs future Very Happy

[quote="Tzimisce"]Was Romo playing sarcastaball?
Plat wrote:
"]i swear this guy be trolling
BenderRodriguez

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pouncey got more guaranteed money than Kapernick, who is a QB.

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Haters are my motivators.
Cool WORD!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Pouncey got more guaranteed money than Kapernick, who is a QB.

No he didn't. He got a higher signing bonus.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
BenderRodriguez

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
Pouncey got more of a signing bonus money than Kapernick, who is a QB.

No he didn't. He got a higher signing bonus.

Thx Bro

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Haters are my motivators.
Cool WORD!
SPaceGhost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is funny... because no one in the NFL is worth this much. (AP is the closest, but with some mileage and the injury still not worth that much.)

THX SF FOR EMPTYING THE BANK! Very Happy
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
This commercial pretty much sums up this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ttsx5squWg

They should do the same type of commercial, but with Manning walking off the bus in Oakland on game day. Laughing Then again, no set of headphones could fit around the dudes ridiculous shaped head.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
WorldChampsHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPaceGhost wrote:
This is funny... because no one in the NFL is worth this much. (AP is the closest, but with some mileage and the injury still not worth that much.)

THX SF FOR EMPTYING THE BANK! Very Happy

lol you guys are welcome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: