Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jshow's 2nd 2015 Mock - 4 Rounds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Jshow's first 2015 mock.... 3 rounds Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:

18. Atlanta Falcons - Dante Fowler Jr., DE, Florida
50. Atlanta Falcons - Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State
81. Atlanta Falcons - Chris Hackett, S, TCU

Come on man. Im not huge on Beasley, but you pass on him to give us Fowler, who really hasnt shown much while at Florida, other than being a physical freak. You said it yourself that Flowler was overrated. Wink

Im not sure we go receiver that early. Julio will be around, and Roddy wants to retire here, so he will probably sign a small extension soon. Plus, we have Harry Douglas in the slot.

Hackett in the third is fine imo, but I dunno if the team will select another FS in back to back years.

Perfect world, Id go Beasley, Fackrell, and probably Hackett.

#JDI
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how Mariota would fit in BA's scheme. He's not opposed to a running QB but Mariota just doesn't fit his system at all. Hundley would be more realistic.

[quote="Childish Gambino"]Funny the day you born that's really your death sentence[/quote]
jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Jshow's first 2015 mock.... 3 rounds Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
jshowers wrote:

Come on man. Im not huge on Beasley, but you pass on him to give us Fowler, who really hasnt shown much while at Florida, other than being a physical freak. You said it yourself that Flowler was overrated. Wink

Im not sure we go receiver that early. Julio will be around, and Roddy wants to retire here, so he will probably sign a small extension soon. Plus, we have Harry Douglas in the slot.

Hackett in the third is fine imo, but I dunno if the team will select another FS in back to back years.

I posted a disclaimer that it was a prediction mock rather than a "what I would do" mock. My personal selections for each team would be way different.

Despite not being a good player at all, I think Fowler will still go relatively early next year if he declares. And you call him a physical freak... which he's certainly not. He's sloppy, slow, not strong, and lazy. Still, though, that media hype.....

Also, not sure why you would want Beasley instead. Again, just IMO, but he's very overrated and not a great fit for what you guys wanna do.

In regards to the other mock picks:

- Lockett is a stud. Any team should be pumped to have him. He's just as good as Brandin Cooks... maybe even better as a vertical receiver. Very fast and runs great routes. Immediate upgrade over Harry Douglas.

- Hackett is more of a strong safety. That was a poor selection for you guys. My bad. Moore is a solid SS and under contract for a while so w/ DeCoud leaving you could use a better coverage safety. Derron Smith from Fresno State may be a better choice. He's not the top prospect some make him out to be but he's fast w/ good ball skills and good in coverage. Undersized though, and hesitant. His instincts are a step late.
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Jshow's first 2015 mock.... 3 rounds Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
jshowers wrote:

I posted a disclaimer that it was a prediction mock rather than a "what I would do" mock. My personal selections for each team would be way different.

Despite not being a good player at all, I think Fowler will still go relatively early next year if he declares. And you call him a physical freak... which he's certainly not. He's sloppy, slow, not strong, and lazy. Still, though, that media hype.....

Also, not sure why you would want Beasley instead. Again, just IMO, but he's very overrated and not a great fit for what you guys wanna do.

- Lockett is a stud. Any team should be pumped to have him. He's just as good as Brandin Cooks... maybe even better as a vertical receiver. Very fast and runs great routes. Immediate upgrade over Harry Douglas.

- Hackett is more of a strong safety. That was a poor selection for you guys. My bad. Moore is a solid SS and under contract for a while so w/ DeCoud leaving you could use a better coverage safety. Derron Smith from Fresno State may be a better choice. He's not the top prospect some make him out to be but he's fast w/ good ball skills and good in coverage. Undersized though, and hesitant. His instincts are a step late.

Truthfully, if it was up to me, Id pass on both pash rushers, and go with Melvin Gordon, and pick up Fackrell in the 2nd.

#JDI
zappa13004

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions drafted Swanson, Cardinals selected Niklas, Jaguars Took Linder...You should pay better attention to the 2014 draft. Nice effort though.
jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zappa13004 wrote:
Lions drafted Swanson, Cardinals selected Niklas, Jaguars Took Linder...You should pay better attention to the 2014 draft. Nice effort though.

Lol, because a position was addressed the year before w/ a mid round pick it will be avoided next year?

The Bengals selected RBs in round 2 in back to back years, what are your thoughts on that?

Raiders took Sio Moore last year, yet they still selected Khalil Mack. Browns took Leon McFadden, yet Justin Gilbert was worth trading up for. The Bills selected a bevy of WRs, yet they sold the farm for Watkins. Bills with Kiko Alonso and Preston Brown. Ravens with Arthur Brown and CJ Mosley. The list goes on, and your logic is faulty.

FWIW, I was not a fan of Swanson, Niklas, or Lindner at all. I still view those spots as positions of need.

Swanson is meh. Lindner is very meh. Niklas is a good blocker but nadda as a receiver and he just broke his hand too.

Btw, thanks for the "pay better attention" and condescending "nice effort" comments... as if mock drafting is a contest.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Jshow's first 2015 mock.... 3 rounds Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Devonte Fields, DE, TCU

it's high for him but there is no doubt he fits a need at LEO and potentially OTTO.

jshowers wrote:

34. Jacksonville Jaguars - Marcus Peters, CB, Washington

May be a bit early for a corner but an elite talent like Marcus Peters can't be passed at this stage.

jshowers wrote:

66. Jacksonville Jaguars - Landon Turner, OG, UNC

Despite drafting 2 WRs in the second and drafting Ace the year prior - who is a good STer - Kasen should/could be BPA [I'd have him top-40] and his size/long speed/etc is something we are missing still.

#JDI
jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Jshow's first 2015 mock.... 3 rounds Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
jshowers wrote:

it's high for him but there is no doubt he fits a need at LEO and potentially OTTO.

jshowers wrote:

May be a bit early for a corner but an elite talent like Marcus Peters can't be passed at this stage.

jshowers wrote:

Despite drafting 2 WRs in the second and drafting Ace the year prior - who is a good STer - Kasen should/could be BPA [I'd have him top-40] and his size/long speed/etc is something we are missing still.

Fields is my #1 edge rusher. If he returns to freshman form, elite talent and easily worth that pick, especially for an under front needing a LEO type.

Wouldn't call Peters "elite". He's good. 2nd round is right for him. Should be a multi-year starter but won't approach top tier performance.

You're WAYYY too high on Kasen. Don't let the love of UW prospects go too far. He's on the slow side and hasn't produced like he should. Nice leaper w/ good hands but he's not a top 10 WR prospect. He's a poor man's Davante Adams. Mid round prospect, probable depth WR at next level or potential starter on team w/ out established players.
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Jshow's first 2015 mock.... 3 rounds Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
jshowers wrote:

jshowers wrote:

jshowers wrote:

Fields is my #1 edge rusher. If he returns to freshman form, elite talent and easily worth that pick, especially for an under front needing a LEO type.

Wouldn't call Peters "elite". He's good. 2nd round is right for him. Should be a multi-year starter but won't approach top tier performance.

You're WAYYY too high on Kasen. Don't let the love of UW prospects go too far. He's on the slow side and hasn't produced like he should. Nice leaper w/ good hands but he's not a top 10 WR prospect. He's a poor man's Davante Adams. Mid round prospect, probable depth WR at next level or potential starter on team w/ out established players.

Kasen Williams has the tools to be a top 5 WR, but he has the worst hands Ive seen out of this WR class. He drops balls like crazy. Because of that, he isnt a top 100 prospect in my book.

#JDI
jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Jshow's first 2015 mock.... 3 rounds Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:

Kasen Williams has the tools to be a top 5 WR, but he has the worst hands Ive seen out of this WR class. He drops balls like crazy. Because of that, he isnt a top 100 prospect in my book.

I would say the problem there lies w/ his concentration. He can really pluck the ball well. A lot of his drops come from issues with ball judgment and reaction.

I also don't think his tools are what many are making them out to be... He should have a top 3 vertical jump in the class but I doubt he runs better than 4.55 - 4.60. Not overly quick either.

If you wanna see some ugly natural hands, check out Nelson Agholor.
Phinsfan93

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Miami taking 2 RB's?

I know its a projection but I still believe Lamar Miller can be an aquedate RB and if he can't draft one next year but not two back-to-back.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think Ifo is too short to be of much interest to the eagles. Oregon connections be damned.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
zappa13004

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
zappa13004 wrote:

Lol, because a position was addressed the year before w/ a mid round pick it will be avoided next year?

The Bengals selected RBs in round 2 in back to back years, what are your thoughts on that?

Raiders took Sio Moore last year, yet they still selected Khalil Mack. Browns took Leon McFadden, yet Justin Gilbert was worth trading up for. The Bills selected a bevy of WRs, yet they sold the farm for Watkins. Bills with Kiko Alonso and Preston Brown. Ravens with Arthur Brown and CJ Mosley. The list goes on, and your logic is faulty.

FWIW, I was not a fan of Swanson, Niklas, or Lindner at all. I still view those spots as positions of need.

Swanson is meh. Lindner is very meh. Niklas is a good blocker but nadda as a receiver and he just broke his hand too.

Btw, thanks for the "pay better attention" and condescending "nice effort" comments... as if mock drafting is a contest.
It was not to critic yourself or your work man but yeah it was a bit rude of a comment from me, no offense buddy.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Jshow's first 2015 mock.... 3 rounds Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
jshowers wrote:

Now see this has me interested in that you don't think beasley fits what we are trying to do. Does that mean you don't see him as a 3-4 olb edge rusher in the nfl. If so then i can understand your thoughts on this a bit better. But on the other hand am i right in that Fowler doesn't fit as a 3-4 olb edge rusher either and is a 4-3 DE which in turn would not make him a player that would fit our 3-4 scheme.

If that is the case with both guys then i could see us passing on a edge rusher in that situation as neither guy would fit our scheme at that point and im guessing we look at RB like Gordan there to replace Jackson then look at a TE or 3-4 olb edge rusher at the next pick.

Haven't seen alot of people listing TE as a early need for us next year im sorta intrigued by that as well with quite a few good TE replacements early in the draft and us not having anywhere near as many needs as we did this year as of right now.
jshowers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beasley too small and weak w/ out power moves, Fowler too big and slow w/ out quickness, balance, and COD. Beasley should play in a 4-3. Fowler needs to lose weight and get serious and then we will see.

And next year's TE class is brutal. Better off waiting until Day 3 than to take a TE early next year IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: