Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 Mock 2 rounds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zappa13004

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holeman1 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
holeman1 wrote:
another damn QB... why does no one trusts Palmer's health and Thomas's development?

Because Palmer will be 35 after this season, and Thomas was a 4th round pick who was awful in college. Since 2000, the best QBs selected in the 4th round have been David Garrard, Kyle Orton, and Kirk Cousins. You dont pass up on a potential franchise QB for Kyle Orton.

Thomas looked like a 1st round pick during his sophomore year then plateaued during his junior and senior year, I blame this on the fact that VT had no QB guru's... however our coach Bruce Arians is (he pretty much MADE Andrew Luck and Ben Roethlisberger).

our coach Arians also said Palmer should be able to play until he is 36-37 and maybe even longer.
Arians is a great QB coach okay with that but both Big Ben and Luck had great potential out of college, much more than Thomas. I think if not the last year of Palmer, they'd better take someone now and work with him one year behind Palmer, that was the thought.
zappa13004

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
Hope we aren't picking 5. If we are, good pick.
Titans would be fools to pass up Jameis.
I'm not very optimistic about the Panthers considering the Oline, the wideouts and the secondary. I think Mariota looks like a safer pick than Winston but...
zappa13004

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

Naw I'd rather have Mariota although I highly doubt Whiz takes a QB like Mariota. Doesn't fit the style of QB he wants at all.
What style are you talking about ? Share your knowledge of the situation with me...
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zappa13004 wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
The Bengals have a guy to play SLB they are VERY high on. It is more likely they would go MLB (or WLB and move Burfict inside) if they take a LB early.
Who ? Dimanche ? Lamur ?

Lamur. He's the #1 SAM on the depth chart right now, and they liked him so much they cut James Harrison. He is very fast, athletic, and long. And he's up to 240 now.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zappa13004 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

Naw I'd rather have Mariota although I highly doubt Whiz takes a QB like Mariota. Doesn't fit the style of QB he wants at all.
What style are you talking about ? Share your knowledge of the situation with me...

Every QB that Whiz has coached has been a big, tall, strong armed pocket QB. Berger Boy is the only exception when it comes to making plays with his feet but mainly he likes to stay in the pocket. Mariota isn't even close to that. Whiz just drafted another type of QB he likes in Mettenberger(not saying he'll start but gives you the idea of the type of QB he likes). Mariota likes to run around and constantly makes plays with his feet. I'm not saying he likes a QB that can't run at all but just saying he's never worked or drafted one that looks to run ALOT. Sadly Winston would be an example. Winston is probably the best example of it as far as 1st round QBs. Guy who stands in the pocket and doesn't leave until things break down. Pocket QBs is what Whiz likes. I could never see him drafting a QB like Mariota.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
zappa13004

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
zappa13004 wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
The Bengals have a guy to play SLB they are VERY high on. It is more likely they would go MLB (or WLB and move Burfict inside) if they take a LB early.
Who ? Dimanche ? Lamur ?

Lamur. He's the #1 SAM on the depth chart right now, and they liked him so much they cut James Harrison. He is very fast, athletic, and long. And he's up to 240 now.
Ok, i don't know him, thanks for the news, i'll check him on PS games.
zappa13004

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
zappa13004 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

Every QB that Whiz has coached has been a big, tall, strong armed pocket QB. Berger Boy is the only exception when it comes to making plays with his feet but mainly he likes to stay in the pocket. Mariota isn't even close to that. Whiz just drafted another type of QB he likes in Mettenberger(not saying he'll start but gives you the idea of the type of QB he likes). Mariota likes to run around and constantly makes plays with his feet. I'm not saying he likes a QB that can't run at all but just saying he's never worked or drafted one that looks to run ALOT. Sadly Winston would be an example. Winston is probably the best example of it as far as 1st round QBs. Guy who stands in the pocket and doesn't leave until things break down. Pocket QBs is what Whiz likes. I could never see him drafting a QB like Mariota.
Okay i understand now. Is it impossible to make an exception ? I think these guys (head coach on NFL are elite in the business) are smart enough to select someone different if they think the player is the best available. You won't change your system for a mid round prospect (like Mettenberger) but you can do it for a top 10. Thanks for your explanatory feedback.
Danish49ers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer Waynes at #29.
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zappa13004 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Another top 10 pick would make me pull my hair out as a Falcons fan, but its definitely possible, and a pass rusher is definitely our biggest need at the moment.
I don't really know for now, i like your moves on Dline and Oline via FA and draft, Ryan-Jones-White-Jackson..I mean there's potential on that team, i like the Falcons, not my team but i like them, i hope to be worng.

Definitely not complaining about the placement. Its against the rules, and no one knows what will happen during the season. The Falcons are going to be one of those teams that could possibly win the division if we are healthier than last year, or it could be a team in the top 10 again because our young defenders didnt develop, and we didnt protect Matt Ryan.

I would tell anyone that is trying to mock the Falcons to always go pass rusher in the first round, unless Todd Gurley is available.

#JDI
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Except you have the Rams going to the playoffs. Lol no.

[quote="Childish Gambino"]Funny the day you born that's really your death sentence[/quote]
zappa13004

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachONE wrote:
yes but the Cards have as much chance as Rams to do it. thanks for feedback
Nobody

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holeman1 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
holeman1 wrote:
another damn QB... why does no one trusts Palmer's health and Thomas's development?

Because Palmer will be 35 after this season, and Thomas was a 4th round pick who was awful in college. Since 2000, the best QBs selected in the 4th round have been David Garrard, Kyle Orton, and Kirk Cousins. You dont pass up on a potential franchise QB for Kyle Orton.

Thomas looked like a 1st round pick during his sophomore year then plateaued during his junior and senior year, I blame this on the fact that VT had no QB guru's... however our coach Bruce Arians is (he pretty much MADE Andrew Luck and Ben Roethlisberger).

our coach Arians also said Palmer should be able to play until he is 36-37 and maybe even longer.
I'm dying laughing. Laughing Laughing Laughing he made Luck throw interceptions and get sacked, does that count?!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 Mock 2 rounds Reply with quote

zappa13004 wrote:
3. Dallas Cowboys : L.Williams DT USC
Tied with Romo's huge contract they just can't take a QB for now. Williams is a beast inside.

zappa13004 wrote:
35.Dallas Cowboys : N.Agholor WR USC

I'd pass out. Although, I'd prefer E.Striker LB Oklahoma to Agholor despite my USC love. This defense is still multiple players away.
zappa13004

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: 2015 Mock 2 rounds Reply with quote

cmd34 wrote:
zappa13004 wrote:
3. Dallas Cowboys : L.Williams DT USC
Tied with Romo's huge contract they just can't take a QB for now. Williams is a beast inside.

zappa13004 wrote:
35.Dallas Cowboys : N.Agholor WR USC

I'd pass out. Although, I'd prefer E.Striker LB Oklahoma to Agholor despite my USC love. This defense is still multiple players away.
As you said, that defense is multiple players away..So the quicker way to help that defense ( and the team) could be to add another playmaker on offense. Romo is good (not top 5 but top 15 of the league), Bryant, Murray, Oline...They need another playmaker to pair with Dez and Williams and that offense could be very good. Add Striker and the defense would be better but still..multiple players away. Just a thought.
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zappa13004 wrote:
TheMachONE wrote:
yes but the Cards have as much chance as Rams to do it. thanks for feedback

Every team has the same chance Wink

[quote="Childish Gambino"]Funny the day you born that's really your death sentence[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: