Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos offering star WR Demaryius Thomas a 5-year contract
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a great young WR who deserves his money. Who cares if Peyton is the one slinging it to him, he was tearing apart secondaries with Tim freakin' Tebow. DT is legit.

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good WR who the Broncos would be smart to lock up. Top 10 in the league. It's not just Manning either, he was doing pretty well even when Tebow was throwing him the ball.
MLB: New York Yankees
College Basketball: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
eeks2284

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 10? You can make an argument that he should be the 2nd highest paid WR after Calvin. Elite size and speed, in his prime, durable, stays out of trouble and monster production regardless the QB. I hope Denver can't afford him since he kills the Chargers every game. Nobody on the team can cover him.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeks2284 wrote:
Top 10? You can make an argument that he should be the 2nd highest paid WR after Calvin. Elite size and speed, in his prime, durable, stays out of trouble and monster production regardless the QB. I hope Denver can't afford him since he kills the Chargers every game. Nobody on the team can cover him.

I think Julio will command a bigger contract. Maybe a few more

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Morkim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeks2284 wrote:

I sincerely hope he gets paid right behind Megatron.
Deets

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone knew he was a talent coming out and he was taken in the first round. The only thing that kept him from being considered an elite prospect was that he was injured, if he got past that (which not everyone thought he would) he was considered likely to be a stud. Having a HoF QB only meant that talent was going to be utilized properly.

FF Member #67
Daimonas

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
If this happens, good for them. He's a good WR... but I'm not entirely convinced his numbers aren't inflated a bit from Peyton Manning. It's hard to gauge how "elite" he really is, I suppose we'll find out once Manning retires.

Regardless of his numbers, he's very talented. He burned a few teams pretty badly when Tebow was slinging the ball around.
With a broken sling no less.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interested to see the numbers on this... I think Alshon Jeffery gets an extension after this season if he produces the way I think he will, this will be a very similar contract IMO.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
KingBishop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Good move for both sides. I think the whole numbers inflated by Peyton is getting old. Any WR/TE that plays their whole career with a HOF QB will get knocked for it

Do we say the same for Gronk? Graham?

No you don't. Great point. The whole he plays with Peyton thing is ignorant. Those that are unaware of how he performed with Tebow should go educate themselves before posting. Also why discredit a guy for playing with a great QB? He plays with one, ok. All this if and or but bs is quite old. Well if Jerry rice was still playing and if deon was covering him while Dan Marino was throwing but Orlando pace was blocking and Ronnie Lott was playing safety while you were eating a hot dog... Come on live in reality. He plays with a future HOF no reason to discredit him fools

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very happy he panned out like he has. I was worried after he tore his acl a few years back

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Very happy he panned out like he has. I was worried after he tore his acl a few years back

He never tore his ACL. He tore his Achilles.

I do find it funny how Demaryius gets discredited for playing Peyton. The same people that say that are probably the ones that also Peyton has inflated stats due to YAC and relies on his WRs like Demaryius Thomas to do all the work.

He is a top 5 WR in the NFL.

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:

He never tore his ACL. He tore his Achilles.

I do find it funny how Demaryius gets discredited for playing Peyton. The same people that say that are probably the ones that also Peyton has inflated stats due to YAC and relies on his WRs like Demaryius Thomas to do all the work.

He is a top 5 WR in the NFL.

Which is arguably even worse... But it's a legit concern to have. Will DT have the same production or better production statistically with Brock Osweiler throwing him the ball? You could never convince me of that. When you have the best QB arguably to ever play, along with 2 other 1000+ yard receivers to take attention away, its only natural for people to discredit him a little bit... and rightfully so. Think about it, a lot of people don't consider Marshall a top 5 WR, which as ridiculous as that is, he earned 4 consecutive 1000+ yard seasons with Matt Moore and Kyle Orton throwing him the ball... it's not just people picking on DT, he's nowhere close to a lock as a top 5 WR, and he IS playing with the best QB ever, gotta take his stats with a grain of salt until we see him prove it with another QB.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of a WR put up superstar numbers with an elite QB and then do absolutely nothing with just an average. People really overstate and overvalue that. QBs don't make WRs that much better, if anything WRs generally make QBs better, see last season with Josh McCown and the Bears. Thomas played well under Tebow during his time, but he didn't have a full season of stats due to injuries and what not .

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
I've never heard of a WR put up superstar numbers with an elite QB and then do absolutely nothing with just an average. People really overstate and overvalue that. QBs don't make WRs that much better, if anything WRs generally make QBs better, see last season with Josh McCown and the Bears. Thomas played well under Tebow during his time, but he didn't have a full season of stats due to injuries and what not .

Larry Fitzgerald?

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
ThePrimeTime12 wrote:

Larry Fitzgerald?

Larry Fitzgerald was still producing even with Kevin Kolb, Carson Palmer, and whatever loser they made throw him the ball. He just wasn't getting publicity anymore since he was playing on an obviously losing team. He took a decline in 2012 but I think that was more indicative of Larry himself than his QB because his QBs post-Warner were all equal trash.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: